Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Queueing for Randoms Flashpoints as DPS - Getting healing role?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Queueing for Randoms Flashpoints as DPS - Getting healing role?

vadess
09.11.2012 , 11:21 AM | #11
The problem I"ve gotten for the most part is being in groups where people que for tank role or the healer role when they aren't tanks/healers ON PURPOSE just so they can get into group finder quickly. Now I don't mind my commando pretending to be a healer, as she's not as specialized in her low level yet, and I don't mind my Jugg level pretend to be a tank for Red Reaper, as she is at level 50, BUT I when I'm in level 50 FPs and I encounter the fake tanks, I want to force choke em or the very least, vote kick them.

Dmonger
09.11.2012 , 03:32 PM | #12
Started Sunday for me on my sorc, unable to FP / Ops via group finder as DPS, as am only getting heal role. I can't heal like healer can, and yes it switches dmeage only role to both healz and demage as queue pops. Well back to lfg in chat, and people suggesting to use group finder.

Ster-Ling
09.11.2012 , 08:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Niytshade View Post
I guess I must be lucky, I've never had the problem you guys are having, my IA is a healer, always get healing role, my BH and assasin are tanks, they both get tank role. Then there is the long time wait for my poor level 50 sith marauder, it's taken so long to get a HM que that I always forget Im in the que and then it always pops when I decide to do start doing something productive in game >.<
I don't have the problem on my tanks or healers either. I always get the role I queue them for. And my sentinel never has this problem either, since obviously the only possible role for a Sentinel is DPS. The only character that I have this issue with is my sorc, who almost always gets popped in the healing role, even though I only choose the DPS role when I queue.

Yes I could respec for heals and no I don't want to. I have actual healers for that.

Niytshade
09.15.2012 , 11:57 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ster-Ling View Post
I don't have the problem on my tanks or healers either. I always get the role I queue them for. And my sentinel never has this problem either, since obviously the only possible role for a Sentinel is DPS. The only character that I have this issue with is my sorc, who almost always gets popped in the healing role, even though I only choose the DPS role when I queue.

Yes I could respec for heals and no I don't want to. I have actual healers for that.
Yeah it happened to my husband's sorc, maybe it's BW telling you to roll a healer :P

MidichIorian
09.15.2012 , 03:20 PM | #15
.GF has probably popped with me as heals more times than it has as me as dps despite that I'm always triple checking that it is indeed only set to dps. It's equally disappointing every time since I:
A Can't join as a healer when I'm not
B. I have to leave and end up last in the queue again.

It happens EVERY time I'm in a warzone while also being queued in GF but also when I've just stood around in the fleet. It has on some occassions insta-popped with me as healer despite that I just queued up and made sure that only DPS was filled in. It's utterly frustrating.