Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latency issue - Harbinger

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SturmUndSterne
09.15.2012 , 11:50 AM | #1
Every time I log in to a char on the fleet, I'm greeted with an <X> for my signal strength and a ping of over 45,000 - sometimes reaching into the 200,000 range. On the few times I can actually see fleet chat, many people are complaining of the same problem. The problem is not on my end if there are dozens of players with the same issue. Please check this server.

SturmUndSterne
09.15.2012 , 11:51 AM | #2
For what it's worth, I followed all of the instructions to help improve connection speed listed on the lower threads, restarted the game client four times, deleted the large cache file your rep said to delete - this is a server issue, not an issue with my connection, unless there's an internet provider issue that I'm not aware of.

Kapipisy
09.15.2012 , 12:00 PM | #3
I'm having the same issue...I took a screenpic w/100000+ latency. It happens mostly when I'm in a PvP warzone. and it's getting old quick.

It appears BW, for whatever reason, will not correct the coding issue. It IS NOT my ISP. There are way too many people on way too many internet providers for this to be an ISP issue.

ATT /Uverse says there are NO issues on their end. Everything else I play runs smooth, no issues. SWTOR is the only problem right now, and it's been since the last major patch.
My name is Hugo Stiglitz, and I like to party.

Tirvaak
09.15.2012 , 12:09 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi SturmUndSterne and Kapipisy,

I'd like you to perform a pathping and a tracert to see if there are any issues along the route taken from your system to our servers. The instructions can be found in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Please let us know how you get on, and if you need any clarification on the steps provided.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

SturmUndSterne
09.15.2012 , 12:17 PM | #5
Spoiler

So I have a great connection *to* your server, yet the server gives me huge lagspikes. Again, the problem is on *your* end.. not mine.

WebJedi
09.15.2012 , 12:41 PM | #6
Same problem here....
Spoiler

WebJedi
09.15.2012 , 12:56 PM | #7
Now I cannot load my character...I can login and get to character selection...but after that it just hangs on the loading screen.

Ladimir
09.15.2012 , 01:18 PM | #8
Same Issue here

KryptonSamurai
09.15.2012 , 01:29 PM | #9
Same thing here and i cant log into another character as it tells me the character i was on initially when the problem started is still logged in

Capt_Grogy
09.15.2012 , 01:32 PM | #10
Having same prob with Bastion server. Was fine this morning and now nada.