Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any Orange/Purple gear is viable pretty much all game, right?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Any Orange/Purple gear is viable pretty much all game, right?

Altephor
12.19.2011 , 09:58 PM | #1
My BH's mismatched armor is really starting to bug me, so was thinking of paying out a crafter to craft me a full set of matching Orange/Purple armor that matches and I can then mod through mission drops/my own cybertech throughout the rest of the game.

Make sense or a waste of creds right now? I'm lvl 25.

Hethrir
12.19.2011 , 10:01 PM | #2
Makes sense, im going the same route!
Peony - Shadow
Halleys Comet - Sage
<KTD>

mdbloomer
12.19.2011 , 10:09 PM | #3
Yes this is a very smart way to go about it imo
What I do is actually buy all the lvl 1 social gear and mod that out via com mods since I'm biochem
The real Nagrom

Droidist
12.19.2011 , 10:10 PM | #4
I have a lvl 22 jedi shadow; so you mean the orange set I have in my ship's hold will last all the way to level 50 as long as I keep upgrading the mods inside the slots?

If this is the case, that's pretty cool on one level, but I might want a change of scenery once in awhile.
A force of one, yes, the solo player!

Rorschac
12.19.2011 , 10:10 PM | #5
If it makes your game experience more enjoyable, it is never a waste of credits.

mdbloomer
12.19.2011 , 10:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Droidist View Post
I have a lvl 22 jedi shadow; so you mean the orange set I have in my ship's hold will last all the way to level 50 as long as I keep upgrading the mods inside the slots?

If this is the case, that's pretty cool on one level, but I might want a change of scenery once in awhile.
You can take out the mods and switch them between sets like I had a few different sets throughout beta I would switch out but it started getting costly with purple mods
The real Nagrom

Altephor
12.19.2011 , 10:13 PM | #7
By waste of credits, I mean if I do that now, and I eventually going to find something better in the future.

I mean, is one orange chestplate better than another orange chestplate? Or are they really ONLY dependent on what Mod you put in them?

Rorschac
12.19.2011 , 10:16 PM | #8
I would imagine that at some point there will be orange chest pieces that have additional stats + the mod's you add to them. Also there should be drops that will be better than anything you can mod yourself. That being said for the leveling process I cant imagine the differences can be that great. Level 50 might be a different story. This is all guess work for me though only level 20.

mdbloomer
12.19.2011 , 10:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
By waste of credits, I mean if I do that now, and I eventually going to find something better in the future.

I mean, is one orange chestplate better than another orange chestplate? Or are they really ONLY dependent on what Mod you put in them?
The stats change with the mods I think the higher end orange gears have higher defense but I'm not sure how much of a change it is never really paid attention since I was more focused on maxing out my wp as a sorc
The real Nagrom

Becvar
12.19.2011 , 10:16 PM | #10
Mod slots definitely make it hard to tell if something is an upgrade or not. I would assume that a level 40 orange with 3 slots and no stats would be better than an otherwise identical level 15 orange, but who knows? Have to get both, mod them, and see.