Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Round 1: Asajj Ventress vs Bastila Shan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Round 1: Asajj Ventress vs Bastila Shan

Aurbere
09.13.2012 , 01:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Is this a complete win for Ventress? Or would Bastila as a Master be able to overcome her?
Ventress has defeated PT masters in battle. So Bastila would just be another kill for her.
Added Chapter 63 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

VigDiath
09.13.2012 , 02:30 PM | #12
People forget that it was Bastiala standing over Revan in that cut scene when Revan is defeated. We know that she had to fight through A LOT of Sith Acoyltes, Apprentices and possibly Lords to reach Revan on the bridge of his own flagship. She may not have defeated Revan herself, but was apparently no slouch and was able to make it to him with a small stike team.

That being said it would be a close fight against Ventress but I'm going to give the edge to Bastila Shan. Bastila would never have backed down from a fight and most likely would have fought to the death against any Sith or Dark Jedi whereas Ventress would turn tail at the slightest indication she was going to get murked. With her double bladed lightsaber at her side and the force as her ally Bastila would win the day.

Edit:

I would also like to see a versus with Brianna the Handmaiden, Visas Marr, Lord Scion and Nomi Sunrider all great Jedi/Sith from that era.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Aurbere
09.13.2012 , 02:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
People forget that it was Bastiala standing over Revan in that cut scene when Revan is defeated. We know that she had to fight through A LOT of Sith Acoyltes, Apprentices and possibly Lords to reach Revan on the bridge of his own flagship. She may not have defeated Revan herself, but was apparently no slouch and was able to make it to him with a small stike team.

That being said it would be a close fight against Ventress but I'm going to give the edge to Bastila Shan. Bastila would never have backed down from a fight and most likely would have fought to the death against any Sith or Dark Jedi whereas Ventress would turn tail at the slightest indication she was going to get murked. With her double bladed lightsaber at her side and the force as her ally Bastila would win the day.

Edit:

I would also like to see a versus with Brianna the Handmaiden, Visas Marr, Lord Scion and Nomi Sunrider all great Jedi/Sith from that era.
Unfortunately for your theory, Jedi and Sith back then would be no match for PT era Jedi and Sith. And Ventress has beaten Jedi Masters in battle. Bastila is really no match for Ventress.
Added Chapter 63 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

bahdasz
09.15.2012 , 06:33 AM | #14
Ventriss fights dirty, she will do anything to kill her opponent.

Bastilla is vertuous and fair and blah blah boring boring.

Bastilla would get her butt handed to her.

DallianWyrd
09.15.2012 , 06:52 AM | #15
In a 1vs1 fight, Ventress would win hands down.
But if you factor in army of regular soldiers (not Nightsisters), I think that Bastilla Battle Medidation will help a lot and would probably make her win. Both are cunning strategist,
Account created in 2008, Proud CE owner, Link to my Twitter and Twitch.tv
Présentation de la Falcon Squadron (PVE/PVP)
The Kore Legacy on DN.
Dallian,Xepher

jarjarloves
09.15.2012 , 07:51 AM | #16
come to think about it. In the Clone Wars Series and the movies you don't see them use force powers very often but in TOR they use the force powers any chance they get.

With that in mind i would have to give it to Bastila.

Beniboybling
09.15.2012 , 08:04 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
come to think about it. In the Clone Wars Series and the movies you don't see them use force powers very often but in TOR they use the force powers any chance they get.

With that in mind i would have to give it to Bastila.
This is true, Ventress is not particularly powerful in using force powers, her skill is in her lightsaber

VigDiath
09.15.2012 , 08:23 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Unfortunately for your theory, Jedi and Sith back then would be no match for PT era Jedi and Sith. And Ventress has beaten Jedi Masters in battle. Bastila is really no match for Ventress.
Which is why we only see the top Jedi/Sith from that era. And as far as which era has the more powerful Force users, it's not about the era but the individual. As an individual the Council entrusted Bastila with the mission to take out Revan. That says a lot. Many individual Force users from ALL eras stood out on their own because of their abilities. Bastila was one. Ventress was another.

But in my opinion, Bastila wins. I won't say it would be an easy win. Ventress is cunning and deceptive. But she also allowed Yoda to yank hger lightsabers from her own hands lol. While Bastila lost hers in a crash I doubt she would let ANY Jedi Master take her lightsaber from her. It's engrained in Jedi that the lightsaber is their life.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Beniboybling
09.15.2012 , 08:36 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by EnsignSorrow View Post
As Rayla said. Anything from like 1,000 BBY, and beyond is in a different league than anything prior.
Consider that all the jedi in the Jedi Temple were wiped out by a legion of troopers and a lone dark jedi - the jedi/sith of the Prequel era and not categorically stronger than those of the Old Republic era

Rayla_Felana
09.15.2012 , 09:03 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Consider that all the jedi in the Jedi Temple which amounted to mainly padawans and few knights along with Masters Shaak-Ti and Battle Master Cin Drallig only, were wiped out by a legion of the best trained Clone troopers called the 501st who were trained specifically to kill Jedi and Darth Vader himself, formerly one of the best duellists in the order, even better than other council members, who took out the main threats of the temple - the jedi/sith of the Prequel era are still categorically stronger than those of the Old Republic era, considering the fact that they were only defeated when the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith of all time, split them up as much as possible along the outer-rim, left the temple practically empty of masters, killed four of the best Jedi masters in the Order in one go and converted the Chosen One himself into his Sith Apprentice, then simultaneously wiped out the 15,000 strong Jedi Order with the full strength of the entire Grand Army of the Republic and Republic Fleet in the Great Jedi Purge, against Jedi that were also clouded and had their powers diminished by the imbalance in the Force compared to the Old Republic Era that was almost wiped out and beaten multiple times through multiple wars with Sith that they went on to beat as soon as they stopped being arrogant.
Fixed that for you, it took the most powerful line of the Sith of all time, hiding in the shadows and growing stronger over a thousand years to produce the greatest master manipulator the galaxy ever saw, then have him stack the deck so high against the Jedi Order that he'd already won, to beat them.