Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why aren't all the Operations in the group finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why aren't all the Operations in the group finder
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CajunSinjin
09.14.2012 , 01:17 PM | #1
I do not understand why I can't use the group finder for all for all of the operations. I've only been able to play two of the Operations, Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace.
"When you see someone coming at you with a light saber, don't ask them where they got it - just run!"

Khevar
09.14.2012 , 01:45 PM | #2
The 1.4 patch notes indicate that the upcoming Explosive Conflict nerfs were intended to make the operation more doable for pick up groups. I would imagine that this is a precursor to adding it to the group finder.

As it stands right now, most groups that successfully pug EC use general chat on the fleet, as the people building the group can make sure the players they're inviting can actually handle the content. If you're trying to get a group for EC and aren't in a guild, you could try hanging out by the Denova hanger -- I've seen as many as 4 different groups gathering at the same time.

phat_maban
09.14.2012 , 06:17 PM | #3
EC even on story mode requires more coordination then the other two ops so trying to PUG it would be messy.

Simply put it would be a frustrating experience for everyone involved
Maban - Doubtvilified - Madras - Uglybabyeater
Midian

Kitru
09.15.2012 , 07:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by phat_maban View Post
EC even on story mode requires more coordination then the other two ops so trying to PUG it would be messy.
KP is already a massive chore doing it with a pug thanks to the Towers of Hanoi. It's gonna get a bit better with the removal of the proximity mines on Story Mode come 1.4, but, even so, teaching someone that doesn't know the puzzle already can be outrageously frustrating.

The only Ops I don't mind doing with complete pugs (re: haven't been at least minimally vetted before joining) is EV since, honestly, the strats are relatively simple and the puzzle can be solved and taught incredibly easily. Personally, I *love* the fact that the developers have provided a puzzle boss with each ops, but, honestly, it cripples the ability to run with complete randoms. If the game had integrated voice chat within Ops and groups, it wouldn't be that bad, but, any fights that require a substantial degree of coordination and strategy aren't really gonna happen when you're dealing with 7 people that you've never met and some of which are likely to have never seen the content ever before, much less researched it so that they're understand the basics.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

OrphanOfDarkness
09.16.2012 , 11:27 PM | #5
╔═⊶Unnecessary Girth⊷═╗
≼Orphan Juggernaut≽
╚╦══╪⋑The Bastion⋐╪══╦╝

Anysao
09.17.2012 , 05:46 AM | #6
a good idea is that terror from beyond and explosive conflict should be on the Op group finder, but separated from the other two, similiar to lost island hard mode and the other hard flashpoints. Tier 1 ops (eternity vault and Karagga's palace) and tier 2 ops (explosive conflict and terror from beyond)
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Infalliable
09.18.2012 , 03:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
The only Ops I don't mind doing with complete pugs (re: haven't been at least minimally vetted before joining) is EV since, honestly, the strats are relatively simple and the puzzle can be solved and taught incredibly easily. Personally, I *love* the fact that the developers have provided a puzzle boss with each ops, but, honestly, it cripples the ability to run with complete randoms. If the game had integrated voice chat within Ops and groups, it wouldn't be that bad, but, any fights that require a substantial degree of coordination and strategy aren't really gonna happen when you're dealing with 7 people that you've never met and some of which are likely to have never seen the content ever before, much less researched it so that they're understand the basics.
Basically this.

EC requires too much coordination for a random PUG. When it was play tested, players basically said that it just didn't work through a group finder. Also, the group finder doesn't rate your gear, so it is setup to cater to players in basic gear for their level. EC really can't be done by anything less than a group in at least 50/50 columi/rakata (unless you're really on top of things), and is especially true for a PUG.

Trimexxx
09.18.2012 , 03:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by phat_maban View Post

Simply put it would be a frustrating experience for everyone involved

Messy lol, it'd be a complete disaster..
Atreyan - Vengeance
TRE <Disciples of Babylon>

AshlaBoga
09.18.2012 , 11:50 PM | #9
Well they are nerfing STORY EC so I could see them putting that into the group finder, but Story Terror won't be nerfed until Story Scum & Villainy comes out and god knows when that will be.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

AllisonBerryman
09.25.2012 , 11:23 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We do have plans to make more Operations available in the group finder in the future, but (as others have mentioned) we do want to avoid sending groups into content that might be too challenging (due to the players being undergeared or less organized). This recent post in response to whether Terror from Beyond would be in the Group Finder has some relevant info:

Quote:
Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear, but we currently have no way to enforce or communicate the recommended power level. This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool. Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, so we want to make sure the timing and the rewards are right before we do this.