Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzones, Ops and other stuff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Warzones, Ops and other stuff

Przemo_No
09.14.2012 , 05:41 AM | #1
I post it here as a newbie, because iam still a newbie into PVP and things related.

First o fall, once lvl 50 you see many of quest givers in the Fleet or elsewhere and then you think: WHERE to start form? is there any real chronology? What quest shall i pick as first one?

I have opened the Black Hole, some operation, still have some flashpoints to do (Directive 5) and so on.
Now I read about "solo ranked Warzones" - I thought (but hoped it's NOT the case) that you can only do the Warzone if you are in the group.
The there is the subject of "story mode" operations.

All those are new to me.
but the general questions are three:

1. IS there any order of following the "after 50" quests?
2. Can on go into Operation or Warzone solo?
3. What is the story mode ? - like a quest ?

Thanks for your help!
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

redfurry
09.14.2012 , 06:21 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
I post it here as a newbie, because iam still a newbie into PVP and things related.

First o fall, once lvl 50 you see many of quest givers in the Fleet or elsewhere and then you think: WHERE to start form? is there any real chronology? What quest shall i pick as first one?

I have opened the Black Hole, some operation, still have some flashpoints to do (Directive 5) and so on.
Now I read about "solo ranked Warzones" - I thought (but hoped it's NOT the case) that you can only do the Warzone if you are in the group.
The there is the subject of "story mode" operations.

All those are new to me.
but the general questions are three:

1. IS there any order of following the "after 50" quests?
2. Can on go into Operation or Warzone solo?
3. What is the story mode ? - like a quest ?

Thanks for your help!
1. The traditional way is:
- First, do all the Ilum, Belsavis and Black Hole dailies at least once, including the planet storylines. Spend the Daily Commendations to get purple barrel / hilt and armorings. That should make you ready for Hard Mode flashpoints.
- Then do a few Hard Mode flashpoints. By using Group Finder you will get Black Hole commendations. Get one or two pieces of BH gear.
- With this you should be ready for Story mode Operations.
2. You can queue for WZs or Ops while being solo, but a full group needs to form.
3. Story mode is what "normal mode" Operations are called - just an easier version of the Hard Mode ones. I guess they have that name because you'll be mainly interested in seeing the Op storyline content, since the fights are less challenging and the rewards less valuable.

The Operations progression should be:
- First, Story mode Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace.
- Then, Hard Mode EV / KP.
- Story mode Explosive Conflict (Denova)
- Hard Mode EC.
When 1.4 arrives, Terror from Beyond is supposed to be balanced for players that have done HM EC.

Przemo_No
09.14.2012 , 06:37 AM | #3
Thank you!

Now I know!
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.