Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rage being BUFFED, Immortal/Vengeance not being touched

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Rage being BUFFED, Immortal/Vengeance not being touched

i_noface_i
09.13.2012 , 03:48 AM | #11
From playing Rage for so long now I really was hoping they would buff vengeance, I was close to moving back to veng, But now I was seen the changes they are making in Rage I got all excited like a kid at Christmas, Its going to be nice to be OP for a while, The dmg I now now is crazy, Good times ahead.

My Current Rage Vid

One of the main things I missed from veng was the fast game play, for rage I had to learn to slow myself down and master timings, Now i am just going to go nuts
Drackul 55 Juggernaut

Krozis
09.13.2012 , 07:06 AM | #12
No one really mentions this but what I'm looking forward to is not being so resource starved that I'm not using anything other than the basic Rage rotation.

Like I've said, it would be fun to use something else.... like Viscous Slash once in a while, but there's been no point, or resources available to... until 1.4.

So I'm really looking forward to expanding the rotation.

Rynis
09.13.2012 , 07:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Krozis View Post
No one really mentions this but what I'm looking forward to is not being so resource starved that I'm not using anything other than the basic Rage rotation.
Judging by this video you probably won't be resource starved! LOL Spamming Vicious Slash for 2 minutes

Also, with smash hitting sooner...I wonder if you will still be able to counter with a smart knockback?
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz

TarristerWelm
09.13.2012 , 08:18 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
Judging by this video you probably won't be resource starved! LOL Spamming Vicious Slash for 2 minutes

Also, with smash hitting sooner...I wonder if you will still be able to counter with a smart knockback?
Just watched. That is ridiculous.
Tyran of Havoc Squad, "Why don't you swallow a grenade and do us all a favor."

CBRGhostRider
09.13.2012 , 10:53 AM | #15

LMAO, I knew that berserk for rage maras makes vicious slash free, but that is quite ridiculous. Of course, in Bioware's books everything is fine, while at the same time soresu juggernauts starve heavily for rage due to the ridiculous penalty.

Marqhill
09.13.2012 , 02:05 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
Here's all the Juggernaut changes in 1.4.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=523625

So basically, Smash every 9 seconds or so, free with 4 stacks of Shockwave, AND a more powerful Vicious Throw that crits more often, AND 10 rage when you pop Enrage (and a free smash thanks to shockwave).

As a fan of Vengeance who already felt we were Rage Jugg's gimpy little brother... this hurts. I suppose these changes are being made to make Rage competitive as a PvE spec, but in terms of PvP, it now blows Vengeance out of the water, and you'd be nuts not to play Rage come 1.4.
This is too funny. I think I actually made the same exact post in the Guardian forum almost verbatim. The funny thing is that they forgot to mention that the Empowering Rage/Inner Focus ability also reduces the cool down of Enrage/Combat Focus by 20 seconds. So you'll be able to pop this ability every 20 seconds. It's not listed in the patch notes but it's there on the PTS. My 50 Guardian got copied over. This is totally a thing.

CellPerfect
09.13.2012 , 03:47 PM | #17

lol gotta love being able to gain 3 rage from VS rather than losing 3 haha. I leveled as rage by doing this and it was freaking nice along with the massive aoe crit.

Krozis
09.14.2012 , 06:34 AM | #18
That is pretty funny, but speaking as Juggernaut, Viscous Slash has always been really 'blah' no matter the spec. It might actually get use now!

I also think the Juggernaut variant of Rage has always felt very squishy... squishier than the Marauder/Sentinel variant because Juggs only have the single shield compared to the 3 inherent shields Marauder have, plus going invis.

I don' t -think- that part is going to change. But the resource management has always been a PITA for Juggs and this should be solved.

But back to the topic, I agree Veng really needs something.... those pathetic bleeds... they just pale compared to Annihilator spec Mara's. But I think it is a 'fun' tree but very underwhelming in PVP.

Kaenisse
09.15.2012 , 12:37 AM | #19
I really enjoy vengeance, and our guild hasn't gotten a good rated team up yet (still gearing everyone up), so I've stuck with that. However I've had this nagging feeling that when we did finally start doing rated, I would have to switch to rage to be viable...and I was PRAYING 1.4 would change that...all it's done is convince me that switching to rage is the best option. Assuming of course all those changes make it to live.

Teioh_White
09.15.2012 , 01:54 PM | #20
Wait, wait, I need to make sure. With Inner Rage, we can get Enrage down to a 20 sec recast? And 15 with a 2 bonus? That now gives basically 13 rage + smash damage? That...is something to think hard on.