Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In-game tickets and patch notes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
In-game tickets and patch notes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Savro
09.13.2012 , 12:15 PM | #1
When i find a bug i report it via the "customer service help request", often it is escalated to the development team. But noone informs me when the bug is fixed. 10 of my reports have been escalated, 6 of them i know that are resolved but not because i read it on the patch notes, but because i took a risk and tried to verify it, risking to lose items or credits or time.

Patch notes must be very very detailed, listing every bug that is corrected, or at least send an email to the person that reported the bug.

Reguarding 4 bugs: in the mail i received just after reporting them i see: "We regret that we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking the latest patch notes at www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes related to this issue".
Now this 4 bugs are corrected but in the patch notes they are never mentioned.

Second thing: when a bug causes the destruction of a item please refund it, escalate, verify, do what you ahve to do, but refund the item. I reported a bug (#6290653) reguarding the loss of incoming emails, you corrected it, i can verify it, but where is the content of the 20-30 mails i have lost?

Thanks for your effort

Cerimon
09.13.2012 , 12:28 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Savro,

Please note that minor or last minute changes to a patch may not be included in the patch notes. The following quote relates to the PTS but does apply to the main play environment also:
Quote:
... it should be noted that all changes and updates listed in the patch notes should be considered incomplete and are subject to change or removal before release to the live servers.
Regarding the loss of items in the mail system: we do advise players to submit a support request ticket for this kind of situation and we will do everything we can to return lost items to a player but this is not always possible and we apologize if this has been your experience.

Thank you for your efforts to improve the game, they are appreciated.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Savro
09.13.2012 , 01:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Savro,

Please note that minor or last minute changes to a patch may not be included in the patch notes. The following quote relates to the PTS but does apply to the main play environment also:
I understadn that, but if you say "read the patch notes to know when this bug will be corrected" i expect to see it in the patch notes, the only alternative i see is:
phase 1: try again to see if the bug has been corrected
phase 2: if the bug has been corrected ok, otherwise continue to phase 3
phase 3: send an other ticket to recover the item you have lost (loss of time, mine and yours)
phase 4: wait one week (next tuesday)
phase 5: return to phase 1

I have at the moment 5 bug "opened". Have i to go though these 5 phases (and send 5 tickets) every week?
If you put (maybe in an "extended" patch note) the list of all the bugs you correct this weill not be a problem...

Savro
09.17.2012 , 04:53 AM | #4
At least would be useful if the escalated ticket appears again awith a notification of "problem solved" (btw why has it to disappear nad not be visible to me i really don't understand, i can't either quote it anymore if needed because i don't have it anymore).

Cerimon
09.17.2012 , 09:25 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Savro,

It is not currently possible for us to respond to each bug report ticket when the issue is resolved. We are also working on having support request tickets not disappear from the players in-game help center.

I hope this is not too much of an inconvenience.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Savro
09.17.2012 , 09:42 AM | #6
I ask a simple direct question after a little premise.

3 weeks ago i reported that one modification done in patch 1.2.0 seems to be cancelled and i received confirmation that this is a bug.
------------------------------
Players can now send multiple companion characters on a mission granted by a Mission Discovery if the player had more than one of that Mission Discovery.
------------------------------
The CS guy refunded me all the schematics I lose.

I don't know if this bug has be resolved during this weeks, i will not receive any update in-game, i don't know if i'll see it in the patch notes when it will be corrected. After 3 weeks have i to retry and if it doesn't work send an other ticket asking CS to refund me the mission discovery i'd lose? Yes or no?