Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PLEASE!, Server transfers for Asia-Pacific

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
PLEASE!, Server transfers for Asia-Pacific

Alortik
08.26.2012 , 11:55 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Superpasta View Post
I don't when was the "last time" you log in and which server for your 2xx ppl.

I play in Dalborra server (the most populated one amoung Asia servers), I log and play almost everyday, I mostly log in prime time and weekend, but sometimes week day morning before go to office, if I wake up early. For weeks, the server status is always light to medium, never heavy. On the passed Saturday and Sunday, during prime time, we hardly have over 90 ppl at the fleet, mostly 60ish to 80ish, 10mins to 15mins wait between WZs queue.

Fanboi will say its becoz of school kids back to school, or when ppl get disappointed with GW2, they come back. Useless excuses.... so I have to wait until next summer for the server being populated again? And even some ppl will disappointed with GW2, do you think SWTOR is the only place they can return? Mostly when ppl leave, they just leave.

I am not a SWToR hater, I like this game so I open my wallet and pay for it. But lets face the fact, we need some serious fix here in SWTOR, or more ppl with leave, 'coz we like this game, but we don't fall in love with this game.

Free unlimited transfer like RIFT.
Cross-servers War-zone/Flashpoint like all another 647,342 MMOs which ALREADY have.
Merge more dying servers, most planets are empty to play.
Multi talent spec., so ppl don't have to reroll & reroll & reroll with the boring PvE content or stuck with only one playing style.
Give us real space combat, not Star-Fox 2012. (ppl is still playing space missions??)

SWTOR has been way too slow in bug fix and improvement. Don't tell me again how long it takes WoW Vanilla to have this and that, for goodness sake that game was year 2004 and monopoly the MMO market with no serious competitors, what year is now and how many other MMOs out there?

It is not GW2 or WoW-Kungfu Panda killing SWTOR. Its Bioware itself.
Unfortunately, I simply believe that BioWare have given up. F2P is a ploy to postpone the inevitable shut down of this game. I love this game, but eventually we are all just going to have to bite the bullet.

Elkirin
08.27.2012 , 12:02 AM | #32
I play 5+ hours a day mainly on the asia-pac RP-Pve server. we hit 40 on fleet now and then. It is more often around 20 prior to 10 PM. I play both republic and empire sides.

Please post the screenshots of the 100s on fleet.

2 out of three servers are struggling population wise, I have not personally been on the PvE server for some weeks so i will not be ignorant and post re numbers there.

Please do not speak for all three if you think the pop is fine.

Scorpiooooo
08.27.2012 , 07:25 PM | #33
So glad to see other people getting together on this issue. I posted on another thread about this, but here's a stat for you.

I played last night between 10:30pm and 12:30am AEST on the PvP server. I was on Hoth. Population total = 1 (me) for the whole two hours.

Yeah
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

iheartnyc
08.27.2012 , 09:04 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpiooooo View Post
So glad to see other people getting together on this issue. I posted on another thread about this, but here's a stat for you.

I played last night between 10:30pm and 12:30am AEST on the PvP server. I was on Hoth. Population total = 1 (me) for the whole two hours.

Yeah
Chances anything will be done about this? At the moment Bioware is too busy posting updates about thier "Exciting new content coming soon!" since April.

Superpasta
08.27.2012 , 09:11 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpiooooo View Post

Yeah
Welcome to the "Lonely Planet" series, now by Bioware.

Cheezfriend
08.29.2012 , 01:58 AM | #36
I support this thread. If we dont get a merge atleast give us some info on the possibility of cross server LFG/WZ! That would be great.

scullzomben
08.29.2012 , 02:42 AM | #37
Approaching my 8th 50 on MasterD. We need a server merge. REALLY BADLY.

Mudge
09.13.2012 , 03:38 AM | #38
Personally I would sell my soul to get a character off the AP Server and back onto the US WEST server I am on...

I know you all like you mythical pings and your imagined Asian hosted servers but over the years of many many many MMO's I have come to realise that I prefer the US servers for roleplay and guilds. .. (being an insombiac helps a ton) .. I'm not saying anything against the AP servers thats very cool .. I just want a paid transfer so I can move a 47 Sniper back to the US servers.

pleeeeeeeese .. come on Bioware take my money and move my character

PS ...
Yes I am based in Australia so I too was silly enough to move to the AP servers.
Emotion, yet peace. __ Ignorance, yet knowledge
Passion, yet serenity. __ Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

SithBongious
09.13.2012 , 05:20 AM | #39
The answer is simple. Merge the 3 x Asian servers into 1 for FP/PVP queuing, merge our GTN's and thats it.

Scorpienne
09.13.2012 , 11:06 AM | #40
TL;DR Dalborra and Gav Daragon are fine. Master Dar'Nala has a low population. (Details here).

As of Monday's analysis (9/10/2012), Dalborra (PvE) is at 85% of it's numbers as of 2 months ago. The average PvE server is at 84% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. Dalborra is fine.

Gav Daragon (RP-PvE) is at 96% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. The average RP-PvE server is at 104% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. Gav Daragon is fine.

Master Dar'Nala is at 58% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. The average PvP server is at 68% of it's numbers from 2 months ago. PvP is decreasing rapidly. Master Dar'Nala is losing population faster that.

In summary, Dalborra and Gav Daragon are fine, and are doing as well as most servers of their type. Master Dar'Nala has experienced a population drop of 42%, which is higher than most PvP servers.

Data here - check the APAC analysis tab.

Paige