Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't beat Ltn Malcovic

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sparrick
12.17.2011 , 02:46 PM | #1
I am having trouble with the quest "New Intelligence". I cannot defeat Ltn. Marcovic, not matter what I do. My companion is dying before he is to 60% health, and he takes me down fast too. Any tips? I am level 16 like the quest recommends. Thanks

reofjsof
12.17.2011 , 02:56 PM | #2
best advice I can give you is to switch off aggro

if you tank him until you're low health and then get your companion to take aggro (or vice versa) you can maximize the amount of damage you're putting out

if you let t-7 tank until he dies, you're losing a lot of damage

GeorgZoeller
12.17.2011 , 02:59 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Tougher fights require you to use your abilities to interrupt the target. When you see the ability bar appear above your target, hit them with abilities that stun, push, knock down or otherwise interrupt the target to prevent them from getting their most damaging abilities off.

Sparrick
12.17.2011 , 03:07 PM | #4
Thanks, I'll try it, but I think what I really need is another player to help lol

Kheld
12.17.2011 , 03:32 PM | #5
He was 2 levels below me & he whipped my rear several times.

I had to go away, get some more levels & come back.
The Force will be with you, always.

EchoTwoOmega
12.17.2011 , 03:36 PM | #6
I managed to scrape by.

Use Kira (you can swap her out for T7 to complete the quest).
Send Kira in first and let her take some of the beating. Once she gets lower on health taunt and keep him on you. Use your medpack and defensive CD's to stay alive and hope that you can finish him off.
Squadron 367

Krazikarl
12.17.2011 , 03:38 PM | #7
He isn't easy. I went into tank mode. Basically I let him beat on Kira for a while then I taunted him off. The key is to split the damage between you and your companion.

bshardy
12.19.2011 , 09:54 PM | #8
I had this problem too. He beat me 3 or 4 times before I won. Now I am stuck on that sith lord on Tatooine. He has killed me at least 10 times without me even getting him below half health. And I have used every ability I have, including the force kick to interrupt him. The problem is that when I interrupt on attack, he just switches to a new one.

I spent hours tracking down datacrons and even leveled up twice, but he is just too strong. He wasn't nearly this hard in beta. I would think that I was under leveled, but I can do every other quest on the planet just fine.

At this point I have just about given up. My jedi is just in the cantina getting rest XP. Hopefully I can use that to gain another level.

Hizoka
12.19.2011 , 09:58 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Tougher fights require you to use your abilities to interrupt the target. When you see the ability bar appear above your target, hit them with abilities that stun, push, knock down or otherwise interrupt the target to prevent them from getting their most damaging abilities off.
ZOMG GZ laying down the common sense.

DLSilence
12.19.2011 , 10:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
ZOMG GZ laying down the common sense.
Lol, I noticed this a long time ago.. in spite of leveling as a healer I moved my interrupt to a quick to press key so I can target and interrupt instead of trying to heal through things that just wreck a 3rd of my companions health.