Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Need" Biometric Crystal Alloy

AidanLightwalker
09.07.2012 , 02:59 PM | #11
I roll depending on either people. If 1 person needs on them, I will too. Everyone has crafting professions. Everyone can benifit from them in one way or the other. If everyone greeds, then so will I. But I'm not about to let someone else ninja them from me.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

RKLimes
09.07.2012 , 04:32 PM | #12
need 'em if you need 'em.

it's certainly not "a ninja" as a previous guy posted.. if you somehow swapped it to master loot, and took it, sure that's "a ninja." each player has the opportunity to roll. if you greed because you "though everyone would" then you're a fool for passing on something you needed.. and if you didn't need it, then why would you be upset if someone else did?
Super-Awesome suggestions. Trust me, they're amazing!
I highly recommend you peep your eyeballs on them!

gabigool
09.07.2012 , 05:18 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RKLimes View Post
need 'em if you need 'em.

it's certainly not "a ninja" as a previous guy posted.. if you somehow swapped it to master loot, and took it, sure that's "a ninja." each player has the opportunity to roll. if you greed because you "though everyone would" then you're a fool for passing on something you needed.. and if you didn't need it, then why would you be upset if someone else did?

no. bca should be greeded by all. pretty much everyone can use them for something - if someone really needs they can either ask up front (as pretty much every normal person will assume you'll greed otherwise) or buy one off the GTN afterwards if they greed and don't win.

if anyone ever asked for it up front i'd happily pass. Needing is something a 12 year old would do.

Draekos
09.07.2012 , 09:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AidanLightwalker View Post
I roll depending on either people. If 1 person needs on them, I will too. Everyone has crafting professions. Everyone can benifit from them in one way or the other. If everyone greeds, then so will I. But I'm not about to let someone else ninja them from me.
This is exactly what i do as well. If someone needs on one than I will. If greed then I do the same. I can always use them to make gear for myself or companions, but I can also buy them or run another FP.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

theblaznee
09.08.2012 , 12:52 AM | #15
I auto need on crafting non-BoP stuff, no matter what it is.. If I press greed, someone else is sure to pick need.

Down to the very basics, it's just credits compressed into a different shape.. And everyone needs credits.
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

RKLimes
09.08.2012 , 06:46 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by gabigool View Post
no. bca should be greeded by all. pretty much everyone can use them for something - if someone really needs they can either ask up front (as pretty much every normal person will assume you'll greed otherwise) or buy one off the GTN afterwards if they greed and don't win.

if anyone ever asked for it up front i'd happily pass. Needing is something a 12 year old would do.
If you need it, why would you roll greed? If pretty much everyone can use them, sounds like they should need it too. Letting the group know is perfectly fine, but since you are equally entitled to the loot, and the need button is for items you need... well, I'll let you do the math.

Rolling greed on something you needed and then crying when someone else needed it and rolled need is something a 12 year old would do. (see what I did there?)

If an item you need drops, why would you roll greed then go buy one?

If you are about to tell me that most people will just need them to sell them on the GTN, why doesn't the same apply to columi loot? It's worth 10k at the vendor... somehow things change when you need gear? use the tools for which they are intended: if you need a drop, roll need.
Super-Awesome suggestions. Trust me, they're amazing!
I highly recommend you peep your eyeballs on them!

MuratReis
09.08.2012 , 07:16 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Galby View Post
Is "need" ing these appropriate if you are 400 biochem and just want to do endgame crafting? Or are people expected to greed them? Just looking for opinions and information on what happens more often =) Thanks.
I've never seen everyone select greed for Biometrics. If you choose greed, you will never get one. (Even when selecting ''need'', I usually don't get one -- 1-5 HMs perhaps.

Biometrics are the most annoying thing for people who enjoy crafting.
''Ralph McQuarrie is the gentle giant of the Star Wars Universe.'' George Lucas

mikebevo
09.10.2012 , 09:36 AM | #18
That is a joke right?

I have over 20 in my inventory, have put at least that many in my guild bank and have given away a bunch too and I have never needed one. I just do my dailies and weekly and hit greed. If you donít ask, then it is a ninja as far as I am concerned.

psandak
09.11.2012 , 04:06 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by RKLimes View Post
If you need it, why would you roll greed? If pretty much everyone can use them, sounds like they should need it too. Letting the group know is perfectly fine, but since you are equally entitled to the loot, and the need button is for items you need... well, I'll let you do the math.

Rolling greed on something you needed and then crying when someone else needed it and rolled need is something a 12 year old would do. (see what I did there?)

If an item you need drops, why would you roll greed then go buy one?

If you are about to tell me that most people will just need them to sell them on the GTN, why doesn't the same apply to columi loot? It's worth 10k at the vendor... somehow things change when you need gear? use the tools for which they are intended: if you need a drop, roll need.
Because need is a relative thing and without asking first the assumption is that you are trying to pull one over on the rest of the group.

I'm with Gabigool on this one. If you ask, I have no problem with you clicking need. But just click need and you go on my suspect list.

Donovan_Kure
09.13.2012 , 02:39 AM | #20
This thread prompts me to ask another question, similar in peculiarity, so to speak.

Considering that most people I play with in Heroics are well geared, is it appropriate to need gear for companions?
Personally, unlike mats, if you're already geared, you're not gonna necessarily want more of the same gear, so why not Need if you personally want for companion? Now, do understand, I always ask first, or at least wait for group to all greed for that particular piece of gear before I make my decision.

Anyway, opinions?