Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formal Request to the Galactic Underworld. (OOC & Sign-ups)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying > Roleplay and Play-by-Post
Formal Request to the Galactic Underworld. (OOC & Sign-ups)

DarthThuzad
09.12.2012 , 10:51 PM | #11
My suggestion will be here relatively soon, just got a crapton of HW to do.

Name: Quintus Akroma
Alias: Q
Species: Human
Allegiance: Empire on paper, neutral otherwise
Profession: Imperial Agent/Scientist
Clothes: White lab coat
Primary weapon: Collapsible blaster rifle
Secondary weapon: 10" Vibroknife (x2)
Miscellaneous items: Flashbangs, plasma grenades (4), frag grenades (2), shield probe, stealth field generator, throwing knives
Personality: Pragmatic, skeptical.

Biography: Quintus was once a typical punch clock operative of the Empire in the Pyramid of Science until he has found expanded opportunities working for Darth Thanaton of the Pyramid of Ancient Knowledge. Thanaton promised him numerous research opportunities in the name of the Force and more importantly, the name of science, so consequently, Quintus has agreed to lend his services to the powerful Sith Lord. Q went on to become one of Thanaton's more respected agents, from providing new research and biochemicals to succeeding in infiltration where Thanaton's own assassins could not.

Thanaton one day tasked Q with extensively studying rumors of a powerful Force-sensitive prisoner on an undisclosed planet, which Q undertook. Not much can be said about this encounter, but by the time Q completed his mission, he emerged a jaded man, questioning his alignment to Thanaton and the Empire every single day. Quintus is now on a mission for Thanaton to infiltrate and investigate the underworld for items which mutually interest him and Thanaton, artifacts, which Q has become even more interested in after his visit with the prisoner, and other items of relative value to the Empire. Quintus, however, has his own agenda in mind ever since encountering the prisoner, and what it is remains a mystery.

drfumblez
09.12.2012 , 10:55 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
I understand your reasons. Still godmoding and you should have asked. I appreciate your initiative, though.
So, by being fair to everyone else and inconveniencing you, I'm godmodding? Okay. Cool story.

LogicLoup
09.12.2012 , 11:04 PM | #13
Name: Maneera Sindri (image)
Species: Human. Yup. Tooooooootally plain-vanilla human with two working eyes and everything >.>
(and if you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell ya)
Allegiance: Patriotism's all well and fine if you can afford it.
Profession: "Resource procurement"
Primary Weapon(s): Short-barrel scattergun
Secondary Weapon(s): Whatever's close to hand - Mans excels in the use of weapons of opportunity.
Miscellaneous Item(s): Small holoprojector locket

Biography:
Maneera was 7 years old when Jerec Sindri married her mother — though she knew Mr Sindri wasn't her birth father, she never knew and therefore never missed her biological father, and the fact that her formal adoption was worked into the marriage ceremony went a long way to solidifying Mom's husband as actual family. Nine months later, she was absolutely giddy at becoming a big sister and bonded immediately with little Zeezee... only to be heartbroken three years later when the Jedi came for her sister. When another new baby came along, Maneera did her best to keep her distance, not wanting to go through all that over again. Things were rough in the Sindri household after Alen was given into the Order's care — Maneera was old enough by this point to understand that had also been the case with her sister as well, that the Jedi hadn't just randomly taken the little ones away, but knowing a thing and feeling it are two very different states.

So, at 16, angry at her parents and the Jedi and just the whole damn galaxy in general, Maneera up and left. After shelling out all the money she had for a marginally convincing fake ID, she proceeded to wander from planet to planet, paying for her fare with odd jobs where she could and stowing away when no work presented itself. After a couple of years wandering the trade lanes, Maneera found a Corellian doctor who was not only able to hook her up with a pair of prosthetic eyes, but willing to do so on the promise of being repaid, rather than demanding cash up front. Realizing that he'd struck gold by snagging someone far more broadly skilled than the average errand-girl, and who was more or less obligated to work for far less pay than she was worth, Doctor Jerkwad... err, Hennigan hit on a brilliant idea to ensure that he could maintain a stranglehold on the new kid. By presenting it as painkillers necessary for post-op recovery (in truth, the headaches were the result of his own p*ss-poor work — take every urban legend horror story about back-alley clinics and crank the awful up to eleven), the Doctor got Maneera hooked on spice, which he was willing to provide... on the condition that the cost be added to her tab.

That state of affairs lasted another four years, until Nayar showed up. Not only did Boss cover her debt to Hennigan, he also found a competent surgeon (some guy from Ralltiir, never did catch his name) to clean up Hennigan's hack-job, and got her through detox. Anxious about how he'd react to finding out she had a couple of Jedi siblings, Mans kept that reveal under wraps until circumstances made it all but impossible to keep the secret. She figures someday she'll have to tell him about the whole Force-sight thing, but... today's not that day.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Maaruin
09.12.2012 , 11:09 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
So, by being fair to everyone else and inconveniencing you, I'm godmodding? Okay. Cool story.
Setting the time period if you are not the GM is godmoding. God is good and fair, in this case.

I'm not mad because you inconvenienced me*, but because you decided it without asking the others. This could have easily been a small "Omega", the thing you despise.

*especially since it is still doubtful if I have the time to participate here and I have to decide within the next days
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

drfumblez
09.12.2012 , 11:16 PM | #15
Setting the time period if you are not the GM is godmoding. God is good and fair, in this case.

I'm not mad because you inconvenienced me*, but because you decided it without asking the others. This could have easily been a small "Omega", the thing you despise.

*especially since it is still doubtful if I have the time to participate here and I have to decide within the next days
It was said before that most of us did NOT want this to be connected in any way, shape, or form to FA. So, tossing it back a few years is a completely okay idea, especially since we're still in the time-frame of the SWTOR. It's in the 10-year cold war, which is perfect for plenty of storylines to be devised.

Tell ya what, if Bioware comes in and tells me that I need to set this at the exact end of FA, done and done. After all, they're the GM, right?

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

And it's not an "Omega", for that would require the plot to actually be in action. Plenty of ideas are scrapped in the beginning. It's called Pre-production.

drfumblez
09.12.2012 , 11:40 PM | #16
xWKSxTabor's character bio: (unable to post himself.)

Name: Dredd Kal
Allegiance: No one.
Profession: Bounty Hunter
Primary Weapon(s): Blaster Pistol
Secondary Weapon(s): Wrist Rockets
Miscellaneous Item(s): Jetpack, Pack-Mounted Missle, Thermal Detonators. Dark grey and Red Mandalorian Armor (w/ Helmet).

Biography: Born a Mandalorian, Dredd was as respected a warrior as any, but when a misunderstanding at a Political affair emerged involving a Prominant Sith and his lack of life. Dredd was promptly removed from Mandalorian society. Since then he has become disenfranchised with the Mandalorians, renouncing his past and culture. He began to take jobs as a Bounty Hunter, willing to take on any job for the right price, and has done terrible things due to this, causing him to turn to Alcohol to make it through day-by-day. He has been seen with a young dancer, though their relationship is unknown, she seems to be his only regular contact, outside of repeat customers at least.

Kal is skilled in moderate-ranged combat, having one of the fastest draws the universe has ever seen, Is known most for his hit and run tactics.

Ardim
09.12.2012 , 11:41 PM | #17
Well, here's my character for when we start.

Name: Rapter Miles
Allegiance: Himself
Profession: Freelancer
Primary Weapon(s): Custom-modified Sawyer-9 blaster carbine with laser sight attachment and scope capable of night vision. Capable of semi and automatic fire.
Secondary Weapon(s): Tral-Tech Fusion Needler pistol with custom, quick-draw grip. A large vibroblade sheathed to left leg and a small vibroshiv hidden in right boot.
Miscellaneous Item(s): Smoke grenades, demolition charges, thermal detonators, spare blaster clips, and medpacs.

Biography: Rapter is a selfish, immoral and narcisstic mercenary with a love for only credits, a good drink, beautiful women, and, of course, himself. Not much is known about him before he became a prominent freelancer in the underworld after he killed a Hutt that posted a bounty on his head after blasting his way into the Hutt's stronghold. Whoever he was before, only he knows. Since then, he has offered his services to the highest bidder, with his most frequent employer being Nem'ro the Hutt.

In his relatively short career, Rapter has established a reputation of being the right guy to come to so long as you have the money. He is willing to take almost any job, but prefers smuggling as it is his specialty.

He has many contacts from Coruscant to Hutta ranging from members in organizations like Black Sun, the Exchange, and the black market to corrupt members in the Republic military and law enforcement. Rapter possesses a quick wit and a fast draw; skills that have saved his life in many occasions and he is not afraid to fight dirty, as evidenced when he killed a bounty hunter chasing him by kicking him in the crotch and shooting him in the head with a blaster pistol.

Rapter also has as much enemies as he does contacts, from rival criminals, to Republic military with a bone to pick with him and to mysterious Imperials who want him alive for reasons unknown...
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

LogicLoup
09.12.2012 , 11:48 PM | #18
involving a Prominant Sith and his lack of life.
This is a fantastic turn of phrase

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Maaruin
09.12.2012 , 11:53 PM | #19
It was said before that most of us did NOT want this to be connected in any way, shape, or form to FA. So, tossing it back a few years is a completely okay idea, especially since we're still in the time-frame of the SWTOR. It's in the 10-year cold war, which is perfect for plenty of storylines to be devised.

Tell ya what, if Bioware comes in and tells me that I need to set this at the exact end of FA, done and done. After all, they're the GM, right?

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

And it's not an "Omega", for that would require the plot to actually be in action. Plenty of ideas are scrapped in the beginning. It's called Pre-production.
I understand the reasons and I agree that it was a good idea to move it back that far. Which doesn't change that it was, basically, godmoding.

Pre-production Omega then. Instead of plotlines characters. One of the characters I intended to use is useless now. (A character I started in the game with this RP in mind, from lvl 1 to lvl 50.) I'm not that mad about that now. I'm a little mad about the fact that you made decisions I wanted to have a say in. If no one else here feels the same way, my bad. I'm not sure if I am able to continue here so it's ok that I didn't have a say in it.

But I think there could at least have been an "I think it would be a good idea to set FA2 before the game starts." And then we would all have agreed and we wouldn't have this discussion.

Well, I hope you see my point.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

drfumblez
09.13.2012 , 05:50 PM | #20
I understand the reasons and I agree that it was a good idea to move it back that far. Which doesn't change that it was, basically, godmoding.

Pre-production Omega then. Instead of plotlines characters. One of the characters I intended to use is useless now. (A character I started in the game with this RP in mind, from lvl 1 to lvl 50.) I'm not that mad about that now. I'm a little mad about the fact that you made decisions I wanted to have a say in. If no one else here feels the same way, my bad. I'm not sure if I am able to continue here so it's ok that I didn't have a say in it.

But I think there could at least have been an "I think it would be a good idea to set FA2 before the game starts." And then we would all have agreed and we wouldn't have this discussion.

Well, I hope you see my point.
I won't apologize for my decision, since I don't believe in insincere apologies. But I understand your position.