Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Morgani
09.12.2012 , 02:33 PM | #1491
New Direction

This is a little background for my smugglers, female Mirialan Aurai and my male human Markus Kinbridge. No spoilers.

Spoiler
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

bright_ephemera
09.12.2012 , 03:31 PM | #1492
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
New Direction

This is a little background for my smugglers, female Mirialan Aurai and my male human Markus Kinbridge. No spoilers.
I have nothing very smart to say to this, except wow, it makes Aurai's comedic scene earlier in the thread...and a comedic smuggler tone in general...doubly impressive.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Earthmama
09.12.2012 , 04:09 PM | #1493
New Direction

Spoiler
Wooow!!! This in contrast to the Aurai we met in that Ipha story!! Wow!! Really good!

kabeone
09.12.2012 , 04:18 PM | #1494
New Direction

Yet another incredible character from you. <3

SveinEternity
09.12.2012 , 04:47 PM | #1495
New Direction

Spoiler
<3 so much! This is triple amazing times 1000000+. Great job I love the character!
The Eternity Legacy

Morgani
09.12.2012 , 06:39 PM | #1496
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Yet another incredible character from you. <3
Thank you. That makes me giddy inside. And thanks for the compliments everyone. I worry that Aurai is too much a mix of Ipha/Brei but I've had her back story in mind for longer than I've had Ipha rolled up. You could say that Ipha borrows some of her personality traits from Aurai.

There's a little more than 5 years between New Direction and Firsts. When Aurai set about leaving her old life behind, she did it pretty thoroughly. I'm going to write more about the change as time goes on. I'm still not sure if Aurai is going to romance Corso (she's like lvl 20 something in game) and I'm not sure if I do it will reflect in writing. I don't see Aurai and Corso fitting together because she's just dealt with so much so young.

We'll see. Corso is cute but that might not be enough to redeem him.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

imnotawitch
09.12.2012 , 08:17 PM | #1497
Title: A Startling Change

Characters: SI (Mel'ake), Khem Val, Zash

Spoilers: End of Act I SI

Spoiler

A special thanks to Elliot for her encouragement!
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

elliotcat
09.12.2012 , 09:00 PM | #1498
Quote: Originally Posted by imnotawitch View Post
Title: A Startling Change

Characters: SI (Mel'ake), Khem Val, Zash

Spoilers: End of Act I SI

Spoiler

A special thanks to Elliot for her encouragement!
Yaaay I love this. <3 I find it so interesting to get people's perspectives on their in-game masters (Baras, Zash, Orgus Din, Yuon Par) because everyone seems to have such varied viewpoints. Poor Mel. I feel so bad for him.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Striges
09.12.2012 , 11:28 PM | #1499
New Direction

This...was beautiful. Lovely, Morgani

Magdalane
09.13.2012 , 06:03 AM | #1500
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
This...was beautiful. Lovely, Morgani

My sentiments exactly!!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.