Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formal Request to the Galactic Underworld. (OOC & Sign-ups)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community > Roleplaying > Roleplay and Play-by-Post
Formal Request to the Galactic Underworld. (OOC & Sign-ups)

drfumblez
09.12.2012 , 09:49 PM | #1
IC Thread
Other Website by Thuzad.

Edit: Thanks Mods! Have a cookie!

A Formal Request
of the Galactic Underworld

Denizens of our Galaxy,

With the fancy title finally out of the way, we got a job for you scrubs to pick up. You ready to hear it? Good.

My boss, whose name you do NOT need to know, has an interest in a certain item that's been. . . "acquired" by Republic Security Forces on Coruscant. He had originally ordered the item through an entirely legitimate way, and yet the corrupt Republic locked it away so he could not have his rightfully paid-for. . . trophy.

So, what's your part in all this, you might ask? Simple.

Get. It. Back. Intact.

My master only cares who delivers it to him, not who gets it from the Republic. Reward is 300k on delivery. 300,000 credits. No, you read that number right. 300k creds, right in your pocket. If you have the item, meet the bartender in the Club Vertica Cantina. The statue has the phrase you need to say to him. He'll handle it from there.

So, what are you waiting for?

Hello, there. My name is drfumblez, but seriously? Just Fumblez. Anywhos, welcome to A Formal Request of the Galactic Underworld, which starts before the class stories begin, approximately 4 years early. Before you get started and everything, I have a few basic rules to say. This'll be fast.

#1: No Godmodding.
Google is your friend if you have to look this up. This is basic sense, ya know? Just don't be a god.
Sub-Rule: No Omegas. Really sorry to use this example, but if you have a giant world/galaxy-altering plan, shut it down now. It WILL ruin others plot-lines.

#2: Story-style RP.
This is basically what I mean. Scroll down and read the ones that start with the yellow heading. You communicate with others through PMs, writing messages together and discussing how your characters interact. You do NOT immediately post a reply to what someone posted, got it? Unless it is a letter written directly to your character(s), You will discuss what you're doing with others before posting. Is it slow and tedious? Yes. But it's also far cleaner, and it helps to have another person with you writing so that neither of you go overboard. Er, overboard too much. (Fumblez<- - - is guilty of this.)

#3: Legible Writing.
Now, no one's going to go Grammar Nazi on you, and tell you you used the wrong form of "your". But bad spelling, poor capitalization, and overall terrible English language is not acceptable*. You have a machine that will allow you to correct any misspelled word in the world, and capitalization is 3rd grade stuff. Please, try as hard as you can to be good. That's all I ask.

*Those with dyslexia, English as a second language, and other reasons not listed that have trouble with the English language are exempt from this rule.

#4: This is the OOC thread.
All non-posts related to Formal Request will be posted here. IC posts will be on the actual IC thread, and will be marked as such. No need for 6 threads, right?

#5: Character limit and Bios.
As of now, you are allowed only TWO characters. This may be changed later on, depending on reasons given and how many people there are. Biographies should use the format below:

EDIT: You may have a MAXIMUM of 4 npcs accompany your character as companions.

Name:
Species:
Allegiance:
Profession:
Primary Weapon(s):
Secondary Weapon(s):
Miscellaneous Item(s):

Biography:

For Examples, see my next post below.

#6: Commitment.
When you join this thread, do not just "up and leave" if you get bored, or can no longer post. Commit yourselves to this story, so that we all can enjoy just how diverse we can be.

Now, I believe DarthThuzad had a suggestion/plan, so if/when he posts it, give it a read.

And that's all! Welcome to A Formal Request!

drfumblez
09.12.2012 , 09:49 PM | #2
Fumblez's Character Bios:

Name: Nayar Evlan
Species: Human
Allegiance: Freelance (Republic leanings)
Profession: Smuggler
Primary Weapon(s): Dual Krayt Pearl-handled blaster revolvers
Secondary Weapon(s): Collapsable Sniper Rifle, small vibroknife in boot.
Miscellaneous Item(s): Targeting visor in the form of an eyepatch, spare blaster clips, satchel charges, incendiary and smoke grenades, and a portable gas mask.

Biography: Nayar Evlan was gambling in a bar on Dantooine when a Sith by the name of Darth Carnagge slaughtered his entire family, just to try and kidnap his foster brother. Unaware that a Sith had done so, Nayar initially believed that his own foster brother, Raii Velan, had killed them when he discovered the slaughter, only for a visiting Jedi to inform him that the carnage (pardon the pun) of his family was the result of a battle between a Sith and his foster brother. Disgusted with Force-users in general, Nayar burned the house down as his family's grave.

Knowing that there was nothing left for him on Dantooine, he conned and bluffed his way to an old Corellian freighter, nicknamed The Centurial Hawk. He quickly picked up on most of a smuggler's tricks of the trade, especially gunslinging and piloting, and used the ship extensively to, well, smuggle.

A year before the Sacking of Coruscant, after a particular delivery of medical supplies to a shady customer on Corellia, Doctor Hennigan, Nayar met Maneera Sindri, and was impressed by her skillset of electronic and physical intrusion, as well as sleight of hand.

After talking with her and hearing her dilemma, he realized that the Doctor was scamming her something fierce. He offered her the credits to pay him off; in exchange, she would use her skillset to help him get rich. She agreed, and after a year of indentured work, Maneera had payed off her debt to him. As a token of appreciation for her work, Nayar gave two options: Take half the amount of her debt in creds, and he'd drop her off on a planet of her choice, or work with him as a partner to continue their scamming of the galaxy. Maneera initially turned the offer down -- by her accounting, she still owed Nayar for room and board, and pride prevented her from accepting what looked, to her, like a handout.

With both of them being too stubborn to give any ground, the stalemate continued until shortly after news broke of the Sith attack on Coruscant. Maneera spent nearly every waking moment glued to the holonet, poring over casualty reports. Nayar questioned why she was so concerned, and eventually she came clean, explaining that her younger sister and brother were both Jedi and had, last she knew, been at the Temple. Maneera asked to have a few days on Coruscant, and Nayar reluctantly agreed. Two weeks had come and gone when Maneera finally turned up back at their assigned berth carrying a military-grade navigational computer. She told Nayar she had nothing more to keep her here and was willing to sign on as a full partner if the offer still stood; the navicomp she'd managed to scrounge up was worth more than enough to cover the last of what she insisted she still owed.

Unwilling to argue the debt or turn down the computer, Nayar accepted her back onto his ship with open arms as a partner, and the two have worked together since.

Name: Arthen Kole
Species: Mirialan
Allegiance: Republic, and formerly, Jedi Order
Profession: Formerly a Jedi Shadow
Primary Weapon(s): Green Double-Saber
Secondary Weapon(s): Single spare yellow Lightsaber
Miscellaneous Item(s): Flash grenades, Blaster-pistol proof armor underneath robes.

Biography: Arthen Kole had an unremarkable upbringing, both at home and with the Jedi Order. Although recognized as above-average, the Order never truly utilized his talents for speaking, leading, and lying, sidelining him in favor of more prominent Jedi. After nearly a decade of being ignored, Arthen seized his chance at recognition: infiltrating Darth Vengean's power base.

Months after his successful infiltration, Arthen grew sick of the Empire's, and more importantly, the Sith's abuse of power on defenseless civilians. This disgust at abuse of power eventually became his weakness, and he fled Vengean, faking his death on Hoth so the Sith would not suspect he was a spy. As he returned to the Jedi, he grew disillusioned with them as well, wondering why so much power was used for meditation instead of helping those in need. He saw the Jedi as lazy, and left them as well, angry at the galaxy for simply accepting the power Force-users held over them.

His disgust of the Sith's abuse of power, and disillusion of the Jedi's goals eventually grew into an all-out hatred of the Force, and now, he has joined like-minded individuals for an unknown goal.

meanken
09.12.2012 , 10:03 PM | #3
Meanken bios

Species/Race: Chiss
Name: Classified
Codename: Meanken
Facial Appearance: Scar across face
Allegiance: Empire, but does not care for anything but himself
Profession: Imperial Agent (operative)
Clothes: A black trench coat with armor plating under
Primary Weapon(s): Blaster rifle
Secondary Weapon(s): 12'' Vibroknife
Miscellaneous Item(s): Shield probe, Fragmentation Grenades, Flashbang Grenades, Stealth Belt, Stun Knife (shock based weapon), Throwing Knives, Extra Knives identical to the one he holds

Background-agent meanken is easily one of the most deadly agents in the empire.....and the most unpredictable. Agent Meanken is skilled in knife combat, integration, and infiltration. due to the fact that he cannot be trusted with solo jobs due to a lack of real imperial loyalty, and a disturbing enjoyment in causing pain and death, agent Meanken has been given a perment partner, one much more loyal, and one who is capable of keeping him in line

Species/Race: Chiss
Name: Classified
Codename: Zero
Allegiance: Empire
Profession: Imperial Agent (sniper)
Clothes: An Imperial officer outfit
Primary Weapon(s): Sniper Rifle
Secondary Weapon(s): 9'' Vibroknife
Miscellaneous Item(s)- Shield probe, Fragmentation Grenades, Flashbang Grenades, Noise Generator, deployable cover, tactical binoculars

Background-Agent Zero is a capable, loyal agent. prefering to talk her way out of situations rather then fight, Zero is capable of talking her way out of nearly any situation. she is also a deadly sniper, skilled at recon, and has vast experence forming plans of all types. however, she is not so skilled in close range combat, with only basic hand to hand combat training. due to this, and her unwavering loyalty, she has been given a partner in the form of agent Meanken, who more then makes up for these disadvantages.

edit-sitting here thinking, it has come to my attantion that, due to the fact that I am rp'ing imperial agents, we will probably need someone to rp their boss, be it a watcher or keeper, thats not going to be a problem, is it?

Maaruin
09.12.2012 , 10:10 PM | #4
Fumblez, you disappoint me. What did we say about bios? It's far more interesting when they are discovered during the RP. (#5)

I'm also not sure if it is a good idea to try to keep everything that's not RP in this thread. Especially cross references, like feedback to story postings. Not sure about that, though, but I actually liked IC and OOC posts in one thread. But I'm not sure about that one and we'll see how it works out. (#4)

Galaxy altering events... need to be checked with the others. If we could work the plotlines into them, instead of them destroying the plotlines, it could be fun. But all in all, we are more limited. (#1)

But now I'd like to know: Did you and the others discuss all this (and, for Example, when to set it) in PMs and just didn't send them to me? Or did you decide these things on your own?
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

drfumblez
09.12.2012 , 10:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by meanken View Post
edit-sitting here thinking, it has come to my attantion that, due to the fact that I am rp'ing imperial agents, we will probably need someone to rp their boss, be it a watcher or keeper, thats not going to be a problem, is it?
Someone probably will, but not having even a little background is unfair, to be fair. I'm not asking for a life history like mine, but having them fully classified? I'm sure even a little glimpse of their personality will do.

Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Fumblez, you disappoint me. What did we say about bios? It's far more interesting when they are discovered during the RP. (#5)
I dissappoint a lot of people. One more won't crush my fragile ego.

Arthen has a very basic background, I can easily fill in exactly what ticked him off. Nayar's background is a necessity due to the way he has a partner. And by we, you mean what you said.

Quote:
I'm also not sure if it is a good idea to try to keep everything that's not RP in this thread. Especially cross references, like feedback to story postings. Not sure about that, though, but I actually liked IC and OOC posts in one thread. But I'm not sure about that one and we'll see how it works out. (#4)
This was specifically asked for by two others in the thread, whose names I shall not disclose. I agreed with them, and it's nice to not have to worry about overloading the threads so fast. Feedback can be posted here.

Quote:
Galaxy altering events... need to be checked with the others. If we could work the plotlines into them, instead of them destroying the plotlines, it could be fun. But all in all, we are more limited. (#1)
If you want to check with everyone before you pull it off, and everyone agrees, then by all means. Do it.

Quote:
But now I'd like to know: Did you and the others discuss all this (and, for Example, when to set it) in PMs and just didn't send them to me? Or did you decide these things on your own?
I got the basics from what everything was agreed on in the thread, and discussing with others. I, personally, decided to hop it back a few years, giving those who may be new to FA and FR a new chance to be on even terms with the rest of us.

Look, if it's too much to handle, there's always the option of watching.

meanken
09.12.2012 , 10:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
Someone probably will, but not having even a little background is unfair, to be fair. I'm not asking for a life history like mine, but having them fully classified? I'm sure even a little glimpse of their personality will do.
eh, fair enough. I will edit it now, and make another edit here when it is done

edit-it is done and edited, what do you think?

drfumblez
09.12.2012 , 10:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by meanken View Post
eh, fair enough. I will edit it now, and make another edit here when it is done

edit-it is done and edited, what do you think?
Looks fine, Mean.

Maaruin
09.12.2012 , 10:34 PM | #8
I dissappoint a lot of people. One more won't crush my fragile ego.

Arthen has a very basic background, I can easily fill in exactly what ticked him off. Nayar's background is a necessity due to the way he has a partner. And by we, you mean what you said.
By we I thought about Thuzad and me And the "disappoint" missed some kind of smiley, sorry It should have been:

Fumblez, you disappoint me

I would encourage everyone to post very little bio, because I love flashbacks

Quote:
This was specifically asked for by two others in the thread, whose names I shall not disclose. I agreed with them, and it's nice to not have to worry about overloading the threads so fast. Feedback can be posted here.
I see. Well, we'll se how it works.

Quote:
If you want to check with everyone before you pull it off, and everyone agrees, then by all means. Do it.
Sounds good

Quote:
I got the basics from what everything was agreed on in the thread, and discussing with others. I, personally, decided to hop it back a few years, giving those who may be new to FA and FR a new chance to be on even terms with the rest of us.

Look, if it's too much to handle, there's always the option of watching.
Hopping back in time is what I would consider godmoding. (And it did kill some plotlines I had in mind. Plotlines about Sith artifacts which hit the markets because of the chaos in the Empire.)
You should have asked and I would probably have agreed.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

drfumblez
09.12.2012 , 10:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Hopping back in time is what I would consider godmoding. (And it did kill some plotlines I had in mind. Plotlines about Sith artifacts which hit the markets because of the chaos in the Empire.)
You should have asked and I would probably have agreed.
I'm not going to subject all new players to go back and read 5-6 threads worth of info just so that they can be on equal terms with us. If they wish to, they can go and read Formal Apology, but I will NOT force them to. I'm sorry I killed some plotlines. But since you obviously had more than one, it can't be too hard to adapt one or two.

And since you would have agreed anyway, it all worked out in the end.

(FYI, there's still PLENTY of Sith artifacts lying around. )

Maaruin
09.12.2012 , 10:48 PM | #10
I'm not going to subject all new players to go back and read 5-6 threads worth of info just so that they can be on equal terms with us. If they wish to, they can go and read Formal Apology, but I will NOT force them to. I'm sorry I killed some plotlines. But since you obviously had more than one, it can't be too hard to adapt one or two.

And since you would have agreed anyway, it all worked out in the end.

(FYI, there's still PLENTY of Sith artifacts lying around. )
I understand your reasons. Still godmoding and you should have asked. I appreciate your initiative, though.

(But not the ones Nox used in the games story )
-Ajunta Pall