Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Input Lag - Can't search for solution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Input Lag - Can't search for solution

DJJayLee
12.17.2011 , 04:37 AM | #1
Today my main computer died...the motherboard crapped out right in the middle of a PVP battle. No warning or glitches, just the computer decided to do what looked like a reset but nothing came back on except the lights and fans.

So I decided to install the game on my laptop and use that instead to play. After about 4 hours of downloading and installing the game seems to have no problems except an input lag.

Steps taken to ensure it's input lag and not specs of the laptop:
In high settings with full detail on everything, the lag is there, it's about half a second but doesn't get worse or better in any areas.

In the lowest possible settings the lag is still there.

My system has a 1gb dedicated video card and 9 gb ddr3, not a crappy laptop at all but the input lag is killing me especially since my main computer had 4 gigs of video ram total and 16 gigs of ddr3 1600 with a solid state hard drive. Can anyone help?

btw, vsync doesn't make a difference either.

ducs-
12.17.2011 , 02:47 PM | #2
I'm having the same issue and i have 12 gb of ram anda 2gb dedicated vid card

MGMikie
12.17.2011 , 03:09 PM | #3
I am having the same issues, and like you I have a 1gb vid card and have all settings to the lowest. During beta I had a slight issue with lag, only when I had the settings to max. Now it does not matter what my settings are I have issues. I have tried everything on the customer service forums but nothing has helped.

Sarvan
12.19.2011 , 09:55 PM | #4
Same here - In most areas I usually run on 30-40fps with medium settings, but the input lag is still there. In pve it's acceptable, but pvp is totally unplayable because of this.

I'm playing on laptop, 4gb ram.