Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Round 1: Asajj Ventress vs Bastila Shan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Round 1: Asajj Ventress vs Bastila Shan

Beniboybling
09.11.2012 , 11:29 AM | #1
I've come up with a few VS match ups which I think are equally matched.
This is Round 1: Asajj Ventress vs Bastila Shan

Ventress was a dark jedi and Bastila a jedi padawan, both strong in the force but not yet masters. But both very powerful and with great potential.

Ventress was a master of Jar'Kai and a formidable lightsaber duelist, she was also a powerful practitioner of the force. She fought and almost defeated Anakin Skywalker several times and was able to hold her own against Skywalker and Kenobi combined. Even Sidious recognized her power - fearing Dooku may be training her to overthrow him.

Bastila was also a skilled lightsaber duelist, wielding a double-blade lightsaber. Holding her own against Revan, Jolee Bindo and Juhani (although ultimately defeated) as well as Darth Malak - one of the greatest lightsaber duelists of his time. She also had great power in the force, able to master battle meditation.

Who would win?

Aurbere
09.11.2012 , 12:09 PM | #2
Ventress would win. As much as I dislike her as a character, she would win. She has dueled many members of the Jedi Council, including Luminara Unduli and Plo Koon. While she didn't necessarily defeat either of these Jedi in battle, she survived and that says something about her.
Plo Koon is a master of the Djem So form and a very powerful Force User. Ventress broke Koon's right arm by bringing an avalanche down on him. Plo Koon would catch up to her and defeat her with his left arm.
Unduli was a master of Soresu (not to the extent of Obi-Wan) and was able to hold her own against Ventress while her vision was impaired.

As powerful as Bastila is, she doesn't have the skills or power to hold her own against Ventress, who has killed many powerful Jedi.
Added Chapter 41 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BrandonSM
09.11.2012 , 01:09 PM | #3
Ventress in Saber Skill.

Shan in Skill with the Force.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rayla_Felana
09.12.2012 , 05:56 AM | #4
Ventress is simply in another league, she would regularly duel multiple masters of the PT era and never seemed to be out-duelled, she would slaughter Shan.

turnoverla-page
09.12.2012 , 10:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Ventress would win. As much as I dislike her as a character, she would win. She has dueled many members of the Jedi Council, including Luminara Unduli and Plo Koon. While she didn't necessarily defeat either of these Jedi in battle, she survived and that says something about her.
Plo Koon is a master of the Djem So form and a very powerful Force User. Ventress broke Koon's right arm by bringing an avalanche down on him. Plo Koon would catch up to her and defeat her with his left arm.
Unduli was a master of Soresu (not to the extent of Obi-Wan) and was able to hold her own against Ventress while her vision was impaired.

As powerful as Bastila is, she doesn't have the skills or power to hold her own against Ventress, who has killed many powerful Jedi.
most of the time with ventress the reason she survived so long was because she was a coward so saying her surviving fights cant really be used
but i do think she is a better duellist but bastila is extremely skilled in the force ( i think the youngest jedi to of mastered battle meditation (something was not seen in any of the films.))

Aurbere
09.12.2012 , 10:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by turnoverla-page View Post
most of the time with ventress the reason she survived so long was because she was a coward so saying her surviving fights cant really be used
but i do think she is a better duellist but bastila is extremely skilled in the force ( i think the youngest jedi to of mastered battle meditation (something was not seen in any of the films.))
It's the fact that she has defeated Jedi Masters in combat before that makes her able to beat Bastila. Her fights with Plo Koon and Luminara were fights that she couldn't win, but she was able to do some damage. I doubt Bastila would have the same luck.

And yes, Bastila is powerful. But Ventress is in a whole different league.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

fellblade
09.12.2012 , 01:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It's the fact that she has defeated Jedi Masters in combat before that makes her able to beat Bastila. Her fights with Plo Koon and Luminara were fights that she couldn't win, but she was able to do some damage. I doubt Bastila would have the same luck.

And yes, Bastila is powerful. But Ventress is in a whole different league.
From what I saw on the Cartoon - Ventress was beating Luminara (imo a fight Ventress definately could win) and it was Asohka Tano that saved Luminara....(never saw the Plo Koon one - but I can Imagine Plo Koons Physical strength and form V giving Ventress some problems)
And didn't Ventress also beat Kit Fisto in some comic?

So Yep - another vote for Ventress from me - Ventress does have her weaknesses but nothing that I can see Bastilla would be able to exploit....
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

Aurbere
09.12.2012 , 01:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
From what I saw on the Cartoon - Ventress was beating Luminara (imo a fight Ventress definately could win) and it was Asohka Tano that saved Luminara....(never saw the Plo Koon one - but I can Imagine Plo Koons Physical strength and form V giving Ventress some problems)
And didn't Ventress also beat Kit Fisto in some comic?

So Yep - another vote for Ventress from me - Ventress does have her weaknesses but nothing that I can see Bastilla would be able to exploit....
I think the Plo Koon one was in a comic. Anyway. Ventress has beaten Jedi Masters in battle. I doubt Bastila could do the same.

It's been awhile since I watched the Luminara fight, but Ventress was winning.

EnsignSorrow
09.12.2012 , 09:40 PM | #9
As Rayla said. Anything from like 1,000 BBY, and beyond is in a different league than anything prior.
"To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night, Padawan: but choose!"

Beniboybling
09.13.2012 , 01:39 PM | #10
Is this a complete win for Ventress? Or would Bastila as a Master be able to overcome her?