Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Content Next Month

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Khamsinlives
08.28.2012 , 04:56 AM | #191
There were 20 people on today on the imperial fleet. Must be dead...

alifaraaz
08.28.2012 , 06:09 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Khamsinlives View Post
What server is that :O that kinda sucks big-time. According to the server status Tomb is no longer one of the busiest, I guess half the PvP crowd left. But we still had 300+ on Imp fleet at 400+ on Republic.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Oyranos
08.28.2012 , 06:50 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Khamsinlives View Post
My server is good, 300-350 at day time and 30-80 at midnight till moring, at the republic fleet... areas vary.. Ive noticed that when an instanse (specific area) have 250+ people, we experience lag spikes... But my server is well poppulated... I am in the " Tomb Naad PVP" ...

Swalsugmass
09.07.2012 , 10:43 PM | #194
Personally I'm disappointed with the same look of the tier gear, Some people work there ***'s off to complete the current PVE OP content and there reward is to get the same gear that looks the same just in a different color? If they mean it as the same Tier just better stats then drop the armoring's. Reason being ATM it is stupid we grind are ***'s off in the OPS only to get gear that looks to same and having to pay out are rears to swap mods so we can have the the gear we semi like the look of which isn't a great deal of choice. IMHO Rant over.
Imperial Remanent

Obscuritas Illaina :: Bounty Hunter :: Mercenary

LordArtemis
09.07.2012 , 11:56 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!
Space combat....missions. Well, that doesn't sound very promising.

I sincerely hope they have not YET AGAIN wasted development funds on the current system in place by just adding more missions. The only thing they could probably do that would be worse than that is to remove the feature all together. It's one of the most underwhelming features in this game IMO.

If they did, in fact, just add more missions that just provides more proof that they completely ignore player desires.

Oyranos
09.11.2012 , 08:18 PM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Swalsugmass View Post
Personally I'm disappointed with the same look of the tier gear, Some people work there ***'s off to complete the current PVE OP content and there reward is to get the same gear that looks the same just in a different color? If they mean it as the same Tier just better stats then drop the armoring's. Reason being ATM it is stupid we grind are ***'s off in the OPS only to get gear that looks to same and having to pay out are rears to swap mods so we can have the the gear we semi like the look of which isn't a great deal of choice. IMHO Rant over.
I hate when i become the cap level and I have to forget my solo currier... They follow exactly what world of warcraft did... Pyramid style, zionist thing..

if we dont do dailys all over again, if we dont get tokens (not gaming, but tokens), if we dont find guild.. game is over, because its a greedy pyramid style of gaming, with a specific set of items sold with tokens by vendors, no crafting, no end game fun, nothing.. And if we dont do this SPECIFIC things, others who do that, become overpowered, so there is no point to play pvp for fun, pve for fun, nothing... I found a very friendly guild, good people but.. its the same things I ve experienced all this years, we cant do anything alone, or as a group, we cant do something different!.. There is no point!! All the same thing!!! tokens armor and get to final instanse.. nothing else.

Bioware should reconsider different style of play, better crafting, better economy, new things to do without charities (tokens)... I mean... I become 400 armortech just for 1 wrist, the rakata one!!! All the rest is craps, i have to remove it now and find something else.. if I ever do that. Tokens and repeatable quests for tokens and after many days we get an item, its not an option, warzones fps and ops it shouldnt be the only option!.. its a zombie system and thats so wrong. (this does not reflect only in swtor, but also many other mmos, there is some that differ though).

Forget about pyramid style of gaming.. I dont like progress like that. MMO is a game that multiple players can coexist in a specific world and built a community. Each community have different kind of characters, lonely ones, solo, social ones, anti social ones, heroes, criminals, ordinary, unordinary, bizarre ones... You force gamers to play one style of gaming that only few thousands or hundreds of thousands may like.. But surely not even a million could stand that..
I hope developers read this things and reconsider this things.. Even if the founders love this system, just quit them and find others.. lol

An example, the system that most mmos work with, is just a single pyramid.. I would suggest something more interesting... A huge pyramid that represents the community, but inside this pyramid, there is dozen of others like a puzzle pyramids, all of them connected, but its one can coexist indevidually, and all of them are a part of the huge pyramid.. The community... Because you must never forget that the pyramid thing, is not just a small number of players who reech the top, the best ones the chosen ones... but the whole number of gamers who coexist inside it.. thats the difference and thats what you must understand, to make it work perfectly for everybody and for a long time.. I speak about pyramids because thats how i feel it... So you should add different style of plays equal between them in progress, some of them harder to achieve, some of them easier, etc.. but all equal to each other, some different characteristics and benefits to differ but all of them strong systems, so they can co-exist.. so everybody will be able to choose his own path inside it. And imagine a system in a game that gives you that... All players could have totally different style of plays and re-roll anytime they want, to something different, with different benefits.

ps: you may even reconsider in your feature expansions, a harder way to level up, so it can keep us up!!
It should be several different style of plays with equal ways of progress (in armor sets), and things that should keep our interest up... eg wars, deplomacy.. aliances, etc.. An endless balanced system...

an example, the system could split in many different parts. Good syths, bad syths.. good republics and bad republics... with a judge system, so if I am a freak or a criminal, I wouldnt be able to travel in republic fleet as a republic, because I am most wanted.. But I have a rock to rely on, with others and live with stealing and killing, robbing, black market... But this needs a dynamic thing of questing and missions and a true economy system, that can allow different style of getting money.

others may like creating things, building things, crafting, so they can have their own rock to rely on, and we visit this players to purchase unique stuff and thats how they live and progress (they can also split in good creators and bad creators, dangerous stuff)... other may like raids in instanses with guilds.. its so many things... Its never to late.. you can always add adition into a game and starwars have the potential for it.

Groncho
09.11.2012 , 08:23 PM | #197
yup, at least make leveling harder and group demanding
is so easy and linear is boring
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

ReddNekk
09.11.2012 , 08:32 PM | #198
Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!
Space combat is "exciting new content"? Pardon me while I yawn...
"Man does not cease to play because he grows old. He grows old because he ceases to play."

Galby
09.11.2012 , 08:35 PM | #199
Can you tell us where the Cathar release falls on the spectrum? I'm incredably anxious to begin a new healer to add to my guild's PVE, but I'm holding off for the cathar. It's a source of friction and frustration that I don't know when I'll be able to create my character.
The Force is a lie, there is only luck.
Through my luck I smuggle stuff.
Through my smuggled stuff I gain credits.
My Credits shall set me free. - Smuggler's code.

BaronV
09.11.2012 , 08:38 PM | #200
Dear Allison,

Its good that you take the trouble to clear this up so that people don't misunderstand and rage that only Terror from Beyond is coming.

That said. PLEASE stop with false promises like we have lots of new exciting content coming!. I get that you are just doing your job and are trying your level best to engage with the community while slipping in the oh-so-familiar marketing phrases you are probably required to do by your employers...

However just open your eyes and take a look at just how jaded, disillusioned, disappointed and downright fed-up a large majority of the playerbase is. We are sick and tired of all the marketing gimmicks and catch phrases that amount to very little in the end.

Please stop with the "exciting" and "coming soon" and what not. Just please take a look at this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=531345

This game takes ages to release miniscule amounts of lackluster content - and people stopped being fooled by the marketing gimmicks a long time ago...
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee