Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Developer Dispatch Terror From Beyond

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Dispatch Terror From Beyond
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hillerbees's Avatar


hillerbees
09.11.2012 , 02:44 AM | #21
Why is everyone getting worked up about stuff that isn't in the video about this new operation. Its not about all of what's in Patch 1.4 just a part of it. Allthough I'll admit my patience is being stretched pretty thin waiting on stuff which was coming soon back in April /May and now "the Fall". Maybe it means something different in the US but its Autumn here in Europe and there are plenty of leaves falling so.............

Anigfrilim's Avatar


Anigfrilim
09.11.2012 , 06:22 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by hillerbees View Post
Why is everyone getting worked up about stuff that isn't in the video about this new operation. Its not about all of what's in Patch 1.4 just a part of it. Allthough I'll admit my patience is being stretched pretty thin waiting on stuff which was coming soon back in April /May and now "the Fall". Maybe it means something different in the US but its Autumn here in Europe and there are plenty of leaves falling so.............
Still Summer till autumn equinox on September 22th

hillerbees's Avatar


hillerbees
09.11.2012 , 09:21 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Anigfrilim View Post
Still Summer till autumn equinox on September 22th
The definition of when Autumn starts actually depends on what part of the world you are living in and I see from Wikipedia it is, as you say later in the States than here in Ireland. I'm guessing though that our definitions of "soon" are not that different ...but Bioware's definition comes from a galaxy far far away!!

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
09.11.2012 , 05:56 PM | #24
"By the end of this year" does NOT mean 1.4 people...

Why are you guys making up rumors that HK, Cathar, etc are in 1.4....get your facts straight please.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Mevan's Avatar


Mevan
09.11.2012 , 06:01 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
"By the end of this year" does NOT mean 1.4 people...

Why are you guys making up rumors that HK, Cathar, etc are in 1.4....get your facts straight please.
Pretty sure we were told (on the description of the HK video) that we would be seeing him "soon". It has been far longer than what I personally define as soon. It will be October soon; if we told that to Bioware I imagine they'd expect to see October in, say, 2-4 months :/

EDIT: Correction, just checked the video for HK and we were told "very near future". An even bigger lie :')
Quit as of 2.4. Because the Star Wars IP can only get bad developers so far.

Mevan's Avatar


Mevan
09.11.2012 , 06:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Gommas View Post
New gear you say is that only for pve?
Only for PvE, but you really, really don't want to look at. Lower your expectations before you see the 'new' gear.
Quit as of 2.4. Because the Star Wars IP can only get bad developers so far.

clawstime's Avatar


clawstime
09.11.2012 , 07:47 PM | #27
love the new raid but why is the new pve gear the same as the old blackhole gear but different color and better mods ...???????? devs failed on that

manchusabre's Avatar


manchusabre
09.12.2012 , 11:35 AM | #28
Would be nice if it was a real public test rather than a select few for the new operation. I would have been fine hearing it was a private test instead of calling it a public test when it really isn't. How will you all find out how the non elite players will fair in the oeration though? Yeah I was hoping for some better looking high level gear. Most of it doesn't look like Start Wars outfits but more fantasy mideval stuff. It would be nice to have some knight gear without dorky shoulder pads. I was hoping for gear like the jedi council members are wearing or the green jedi. Gotta ditto the comments about the cathar though. It was mentioned a long time ago and still no real info on it. I would prefer an honest answer about the stuff rather than having a carrot dangled in front of me for months now. Though at this point in the game unless I get more character slots I won't be playing the cathar. The game seems to be over promised and under delivered so far. I don't see how new content will all of a sudden come out quicker just because.

lineinfantry's Avatar


lineinfantry
09.12.2012 , 02:41 PM | #29
wow is it really hard for you to create new armor models? i just saw that new armors are going to have the same models as current ones.. totally boring..

Ifrica's Avatar


Ifrica
09.13.2012 , 12:38 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by clawstime View Post
love the new raid but why is the new pve gear the same as the old blackhole gear but different color and better mods ...???????? devs failed on that
Quote: Originally Posted by lineinfantry View Post
wow is it really hard for you to create new armor models? i just saw that new armors are going to have the same models as current ones.. totally boring..
Sorry taht I only quoted you 2, there's plenty of others i want to quote, you're just the first ones in sight.
But what I am wondering, people that post this in the end of a thread, did you actually read the thread, and others on the same topic? or do you jsut read the OP and then answer?
Because what you are complaining about has already been argumented over and over with official replies and player replies.
TOFN - EU PVP
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Talibram Snowdrifter - Marauder
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD