Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proposed changes for the shadows and why they are a bad idea.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Proposed changes for the shadows and why they are a bad idea.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ObscureKnight
09.11.2012 , 05:04 PM | #1
Now that I have had time to think about this I want to give some feedback. I recently did Kaon Under Siege on HM with a pug group from group finder, I had to use everything in my abilities to keep us afloat at the part where you have to man the turret. Now before the trolls get this as a tank I do not man the turret, but I have to do a lot of work to keep the adds off of that guy AND my healer as it is. Changing the mechanics of knock back will screw this ability to keep the group alive, especially while waiting on a CD since they come so fast. Also you are removing one of the FEW abilities we have for any range aggression building and that is the force stun to 10 meters. After contemplating this I truly do not think that the shadow class will be effective much longer. The Vanguards can at least shoot 30 meters where as the shadow has to get up close and personal. This does not work in scenarios as mentioned above. Please rethink about taking away the shadow's ability to target and build aggro on a player or NPC that is up to 30 meters away. Yes there are taunts but those have a long enough CD as it is. If you are going to take away that then please make one of my other abilities go out to 30 meters, like project. As a melee class you will severely inhibit what little ability we have left to ensure we can effectively tank for a group.

Since Vanguards can tank just as well and they have range to grab a baddies attention, they are going to be the better tank. I have both the vanguard and the shadow so I can see this first hand in playing. Shadows need some ranged tricks to hold, or get, aggro as a tank.
Shadowkeeper
Imps: Fd - Sorc, Xl - Sin, Rg - Jug, MissGuidance - Mara, Mirialan - Merc, Shd - PT, Noctur Pubs: Fde, bscura - Shadow, Starri - Sent, Glss - Commando, Nil - Vanguard, Inco'gnito - Slinger

Ratae
09.11.2012 , 05:14 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings ObscureKnight,

Thank you very much for you valuable and well-argued feedback and opinions.

However, the Customer Services forum is really intended for players who have technical or other problems playing or accessing the game.

I would ask you to post suggestions in the future on the Forum Suggestion Box here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349
This is the best place for players to discuss matters such as those you raised.

Thank you once again.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

ObscureKnight
09.11.2012 , 05:34 PM | #3
Because, I want to know some one will actually look at this. Because after reading the forums, especially the one dedicated to this particular topic, I am of the opinion that they don't. There are a number of us trying to get an answer on that thread and we feel cast aside since we are not part of your "test guilds" as I read in the original announcement.
Shadowkeeper
Imps: Fd - Sorc, Xl - Sin, Rg - Jug, MissGuidance - Mara, Mirialan - Merc, Shd - PT, Noctur Pubs: Fde, bscura - Shadow, Starri - Sent, Glss - Commando, Nil - Vanguard, Inco'gnito - Slinger