Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Dispatch – Terror From Beyond

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Dispatch – Terror From Beyond
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
09.10.2012 , 01:33 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Game Update 1.4 is coming soon and with it one of the most dynamic and difficult Operations in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

In “Terror from Beyond”, you will be called upon to face a mysterious new threat that has emerged from one of the most obscure places in the galaxy: the Gree planet of Asation. The Gree have been safeguarding ancient technologies on the planet for centuries, but seemingly on its own one of the technologies, called a “Hypergate” has been activated. Terrible creatures have begun emerging from this Hypergate, and the Gree fear the worst is yet to come. You must travel to Asation, close the Hypergate, and defeat whatever evil it has unleashed. Get ready to face the most challenging enemy yet. A true Terror From Beyond!

Watch the new Developer Dispatch video to learn more about this new Operation.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Eillack
09.10.2012 , 01:43 PM | #2
Nice.... 1st!

But yeah, this seems like an interesting new update and....THANK YOU for the companion customization!

But, can we finally get the "optimization" problem fixed. Sinse that came out (in what, 1.2 , 1.3?) multiple players have been having poor gameplay. I freeze every once in awhile (which is annoying my guild when we do ops / warzones) at almost any random location. It's really annoying me; and yes, I have my laptop updated.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Galby
09.10.2012 , 02:58 PM | #3
But aren't Cathar gonna be in 1.4? =x Where's the info on that?
The Force is a lie, there is only luck.
Through my luck I smuggle stuff.
Through my smuggled stuff I gain credits.
My Credits shall set me free. - Smuggler's code.

Jett-Rinn
09.10.2012 , 03:01 PM | #4
Interesting update, but sad not seeing any familiar faces give the developer dispatch.

rammister
09.10.2012 , 03:14 PM | #5
i wonder if companion skins with slave outfit and dancer outfit have been fixed. Many have been asking since 1.2, i bet no they did not. I do like the vid the new op looks interesting cant wait to run it with my guild. You guys should make another vid of what you put into the 1.4 patch, i hope the new op and wz( that i dont see) are not the climax of this patch and has a well rounded fix on many issues.

Mevan
09.10.2012 , 03:34 PM | #6
I like that you guys have gone with something fresh; introducing a species that hasn't been done before and bringing in Doctor Who style tech with them looks like a winner to me
Quit as of 2.4. Because the Star Wars IP can only get bad developers so far.

DeDaL_KIRA
09.10.2012 , 03:44 PM | #7
Hrm, it does look nice. But I don't see the Cathar nor HK-51.

Then again - 1.4 does seem very good.

LUCASCASADEIS
09.10.2012 , 04:34 PM | #8
Hi, please respond this question.

when are we gonna see the new wz? i know it won't be in this patch 1.4, but is gonna be in 1.5 or before?

ty for read

Costello
09.10.2012 , 05:57 PM | #9
Why are the empire fighting against there own again?

In all honesty it is so far beyond a joke that so much of this content is empire vs empire that I wonder if the writers don't just get rid of the Imperial faction completely.

Spoiler

Can we please start to see something of the Galactic conflict of the Republic Vs The Empire. The writing has become bad fan fiction with constantly just having every Sith in the entire galaxy turning against each other to the point that there is nothing left of the Sith Empire from the timeline videos. Can we stop with the over played evil turning on its own and start looking at Imperial Characters like Grand Admiral Thrawn for inspiration.

Deewe
09.10.2012 , 06:56 PM | #10
Few things:
  • Seems you guy forgot most people disliked more the new Dreadmasters helmets than the one before. BTW they don't even really melt well with the rest of their gear.
  • Still displaying and advertising with the same gear most players told you they don't like nor fits a SW setting.
  • Boss kiting again an again.
  • The boss going through the gate would perfectly fit a Call of Cthulhu MMO. Now can we have SW mobs plz?
  • Still no war between the factions