Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Fan Favorite Reward is “The Party Jawa”

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Fan Favorite Reward is “The Party Jawa”
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ifrica
09.10.2012 , 07:29 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Gommas View Post
So bioware and ea think they will gett more players by givving us this ****t? well guess again more people will leave this game becasue of it im one of them!
Leaving because of a vanity item? byebye have fun in the Misty world of Pokepandas
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

Ifrica
09.10.2012 , 07:30 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Echriado View Post
Except, that, all 3 of the rewards are obviously already placed into the game. The Jawa is cool, but I, as a player, really wanted the rancor or maybe the carbonite block. If all 3 are already coded and made, why am I being forced into the item chosen off facebook when they could just a easily be like Hey, choose of 1 out of 3?
possibly there's the one we get for free, the others will probably be available in the cartel shop.

Echriado
09.10.2012 , 07:54 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
possibly there's the one we get for free, the others will probably be available in the cartel shop.
I understand that. That's the issue. Allow the people who want one of the other two to choose themselves, not be forced into a decision from the result of a FACEBOOK fan-poll.

Ifrica
09.10.2012 , 08:06 AM | #104
well, facebook is a popular medium, you could vote without having an actual facebook profile, and it was mentioned on this website that there was a vote going on, so if people 'wanted' to, then they could have voted.

I know some people just didn't vote out of stubbornnness

Echriado
09.10.2012 , 08:33 AM | #105
well, facebook is a popular medium, you could vote without having an actual facebook profile, and it was mentioned on this website that there was a vote going on, so if people 'wanted' to, then they could have voted.

Again, taking the vote to facebook is a poor gesture. All 3 items are ready to be obtained, give the players the choice that they want; why are you needlessly arguing?

liammozz
09.10.2012 , 08:40 AM | #106
Again, taking the vote to facebook is a poor gesture. All 3 items are ready to be obtained, give the players the choice that they want; why are you needlessly arguing?
no it wasn't it was good marketing strategy its all advertising the game and that its going F2P and putting that information on a website that's had over 171 Million Unique Visitors is the best way to do it

Ifrica
09.10.2012 , 08:42 AM | #107
Not arguing, just stating my opinion, and why is it a poor gesture? because it's the most used social network?
when they announced it it was very clear where to go for your vote, if a simple click that takes 5 seconds is too much for people, then they have no right to complain imo.
While I do agree that doing the poll on this website only for registered (subscribed) users would have been better, they still took the better option to use the most used social network instead, which is accessible by everyone.
Besides, we don't know how that cartel shop is going to work, seeing we get coins for free, you'll probably be able to get the 2 other items on the first day, result --> everybody happy

Eillack
09.10.2012 , 09:11 AM | #108
You could have voted directly from this site too....
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Endarfina
09.10.2012 , 10:21 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that “The Party Jawa” has won our Fan Favorite voting contest. Over the past month, our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item to receive as a reward when Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ launches its new Free-to-Play option this Fall. Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority! The Party Jawa celebrates a player’s status as a veteran of the galaxy with a unique and fun animation. The Party Jawa will be rewarded to current or previous subscribers as of August 1 and who are active subscribers when the Free-to-Play option launches.

Read More
August 1st this year or is it a typo? since its september and all.......

liammozz
09.10.2012 , 10:26 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
You could have voted directly from this site too....
and where's the marketing in that SWTOR.com has only your own customers Facebook.com has potentially millions of new customers

see the diffrence