Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

i am listed as a subscriber but when i try to use the invite a friend option it tells

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
i am listed as a subscriber but when i try to use the invite a friend option it tells
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hinder
09.08.2012 , 01:14 PM | #1
i am listed as a subscriber but when i try to use the invite a friend option it tells me i am not a subscriber

what is the problem?

i have still have over half a month left before my next billing period, so it's not a matter of being close to the end of anything, and i don't understand what all this has to do with not being able to invite a friend even if i was close to my next billing period.

i have tried searching the FAQ and the help forum here and the search for customer support and found that no one else is having this problem.

or at least there is no record of it, so i guess i am the first person to have this problem.
although i find that hard to believe so maybe it's because my house is painted the wrong color or because when i was 4 years old i named my kitten "Tommy", or some similar problem with how i have lived my life.

and yes i am being ridiculous here because this problem seems ridiculous.

---
please forgive me for i have eaten from the tree of experience.
another very good reason to NOT hire older workers that have seen a thing or two.
we love progress and innovation, and we are eager to let you know when it's the same old crappy idea with a new coat of paint and a room deodorizer duct taped on the bumper.

KurganNazzir
09.08.2012 , 01:23 PM | #2
You are not an actual subscriber until you have been billed, which means you have to be past the free 30 days you got from purchasing the game.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

hinder
09.08.2012 , 01:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
You are not an actual subscriber until you have been billed, which means you have to be past the free 30 days you got from purchasing the game.
ok thank you.
you have been helpful.

i would like to know how this seems a reasonable way to do things, but that is a philosophical discussion that is more than fits into the purpose of this forum, so i don't expect any satisfaction on my question of "WHY".

so i am just going to lay back and enjoy rather than call this what it is.

and thanks again for a prompt, clear and understandable reply.
another very good reason to NOT hire older workers that have seen a thing or two.
we love progress and innovation, and we are eager to let you know when it's the same old crappy idea with a new coat of paint and a room deodorizer duct taped on the bumper.

KurganNazzir
09.08.2012 , 03:13 PM | #4
You're welcome, glad I could be of some help.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Glzmo
09.10.2012 , 04:59 AM | #5
I have the same problem. When I'm trying to refer a friend I receive the error:
Quote:
"Thanks for your interest in the Friends Trial, but you are not able to invite a friend until you are a subscriber."
I've definitely been billed (I double-checked) and I have been a subscriber since launch. There is definitely a problem with the friend trial referal system that needs to be looked into. So far, SWTOR's phone support wasn't able to resolve my issue as they said that everything on the account looks in order and I should be able to refer friends for the friends trial, but I can't.

I really want that Kurtob Alliance Speeder and my friend I was going to refer is getting impatient.

Beesodd
09.10.2012 , 05:02 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Glzmo,

Please create a ticket or call our support, and we'll look into this for you. If you have the name of a sample address that you have tried to invite previously, this will help.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Glzmo
09.10.2012 , 05:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Glzmo,

Please create a ticket or call our support, and we'll look into this for you. If you have the name of a sample address that you have tried to invite previously, this will help.

Thanks.
Thank you for your response. I did contact phone support, but unfortunately they were unable to assist me in this matter.

Beesodd
09.10.2012 , 05:11 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully we can still get this resolved. Can you please ensure that you have at least 3 Security Questions and Answers set up on your account. A recent change was made which may lead to you needing to re-add 1 or 2. Then please check if you are able to send the invite(s).

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

hinder
09.16.2012 , 07:05 PM | #9
i tried looking into another problem and have been quite frustrated with the online chat help.
they seem to have a printed list of questions to ask no matter what problem you are contacting them about.
what version of windows are you using?
what browser are you using?
have you flushed the cache on your browser?
have you restarted your computer?

these may be questions that fit most problems that people are in live chat for.

however i was asking them if there was a way to have my automatic billing turned off and changed to pay as i go.

the billing/subscription system seems to have allot of problems and i wonder if it could be THE primary reason that there are so many people either not completing the subscription process in the first place, or cancelling after they have gone through the inordinately demanding and demeaning requirements of automatic charges to our financial institutions.

my deep affection of the universe created by MR. Lucas is just barely, and i mean by just a small margin, enough to force myself to put up with the indignities and disrespect shown by this improper requirement that i voluntarily approve and allow automatic access to my resources.