Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthRamette
09.09.2012 , 04:32 PM | #1251
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiellyn View Post
List of things we don't need;
1.) New races. Purely cosmetic, with no actual impact on the game.
2.) New armor models. We already have enough to be functional.
3.) New companions. Every class has every type; healer, tank, damage. Others are wasted effort.
4.) Paid server transfers. If you want to move, actually play the game and start over. Problem solved.
5.) Game events. Putting so much effort into content that is only available for a week or two? What a waste!

What does that leave us with? Flashpoints, Warzones, and bug fixes.

I fully expect to see you post in each and every one of those threads denouncing their wishes in favor of what is "more important". I want to believe that this is totally not about Bioware putting the gay in your game, and that you just want to make sure they keep their priorities in line with yours.

Now prove it.
]List of things we don't need;
1.) New races. Purely cosmetic, with no actual impact on the game. ---> Agree
2.) New armor models. We already have enough to be functional.---Agree again
3.) New companions. Every class has every type; healer, tank, damage. Others are wasted effort. ---I would rather get rid of some companions like Skadge myself
4.) Paid server transfers. If you want to move, actually play the game and start over. Problem solved.--- Totally agree, did it myself
5.) Game events. Putting so much effort into content that is only available for a week or two? What a waste! ---The last one was lame but I did enjoy the Rakghoul event, would have enjoyed it more had my toon not been on Taris at the same time

I don't agree with those who want chat bubbles and cosmetic things in the game ie HK-51 or party jawas ( I have blizz and that is all I need jawa wise). I would rather see BW fixing bugs, fixing PvP instead of just nerfing everything then overdoing it and rebuffing things, get rid of PvP cheats and hacks which effect the game, end game content. When you hit 50 the game becomes boring after you have done EV ect. These are things I feel need more attention then SGR right now, fix the game first then bring in new stuff that won't break the game as BW has done so many times. My personal opinion regarding SGR are mute and I have written BW about it. I think the game needs fixing before more stuff is put in, that includes cosmetic stuff imo. You want to hit with me with infractions Kioma go ahead. I have not said keep it out of game, I simply said I think there are more important stuff right now to fix. However if you feel the need to report me go right ahead, I really don't care.

Uluain
09.09.2012 , 04:36 PM | #1252
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Witchfinder View Post
I've only recently started perusing this thread as it always seemed a bit daunting, with several incarnations and hundreds of comments. But boy, does my hat go off to you guys who continually come in here and defend this concept to all the over-privileged, basement-dwelling troglodytes who think they know what Bioware should or should not prioritize (it's not important to ME, therefore it is not important AT ALL. ME ME MEEE *vomit*).

That you have the patience and mental disposition is just awe-inspiring.
I took some months off. I have to pace myself.

I am going to try to gather together the various points we've had clarified, and questions still outstanding, because we do get new readers and posters all the time, and this too often turns into a thread about the thread itself, and it's hard to sift through it all for the salient facts. Jousting with trolls should be a distant third. I do try to reply topically to those who are reasonably civil, or raise points that have been answered because again it can be hard to catch all the discussion we've already covered.

I do beat this drum a lot, because it is important to me, especially for my Gunslinger as I have gotten to know him better, and the male Smuggler story as it stands is all about flirting with the ladies, which is not his thing at all. But I am totally glad to see new faces, as people have moved on for various reasons. It helps keep the discussion alive which in turn is about keeping the subject visible, a reminder that we know what has been promised and that we're still hopeful of its inclusion. And the more voices speak up for that, the better.

Joushigun
09.09.2012 , 06:09 PM | #1253
In some ways, what upsets me is that far too often companies don't actually learn from other's mistakes. This is a lot of what Blizz was like back in the early days of WoW, but it now feels like BioWare hasn't learned anything from them and are repeating a lot of the same mistakes.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Kyriosgundam
09.09.2012 , 06:14 PM | #1254
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
and how this salts the wound of this content not having been in from the start, has been a recurring theme here and as I believe the Community Team really does have an eye on this, I think we can hope that growing dissatisfaction is at the attention of those able to do something about it, which is all the Comm Team can do for us at this point.
This type of content is not in the game and I personally like the fact that same gender relationships are not in TOR in fact not in Star Wars at all. Plus this is a game (to me means for entertainment purposes only) anything that is controversial in the real world like this issue should be left out. Also in any event reguardless of BioWare leaving SGR out of TOR (Which I want them to do) or add it they will anger people no matter what final decision is made on this issue. So in the end the real question is Why should this really matter? As I stated before no matter what BioWare decides people will be angered by it no matter what side of this issue they are on. At least this is how I see it.(if I offended anyone I apologize now)
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

Joushigun
09.09.2012 , 06:22 PM | #1255
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyriosgundam View Post
This type of content is not in the game and I personally like the fact that same gender relationships are not in TOR in fact not in Star Wars at all. Plus this is a game (to me means for entertainment purposes only) anything that is controversial in the real world like this issue should be left out. Also in any event reguardless of BioWare leaving SGR out of TOR (Which I want them to do) or add it they will anger people no matter what final decision is made on this issue. So in the end the real question is Why should this really matter? As I stated before no matter what BioWare decides people will be angered by it no matter what side of this issue they are on. At least this is how I see it.(if I offended anyone I apologize now)
Just as a point...while homosexuality is not depicted in the movies or the Clone Wars, it is in the greater universe and has shown up in a few of the books.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Wispr
09.09.2012 , 07:56 PM | #1256
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
There go any attack abilities, what with murder being bad and all.
I can just give you one big old hug for making laugh like you post did... so thanks! (HUGS)

Joushigun
09.09.2012 , 08:27 PM | #1257
I'm sad now

No one noticed my ultimate argument attack there.....

All Hutts are hermaphrodites, thus all Hutts are homosexual.

Stupid humans thinking in binary all the time *grumbles*

Hm...I wonder if they would ever consider adding an hermaphroditic race....

losdia
09.09.2012 , 09:40 PM | #1258
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
I'm sad now

No one noticed my ultimate argument attack there.....

All Hutts are hermaphrodites, thus all Hutts are homosexual.
Weren't there already problems with the Hutts? Something about people having issues with the types of stereos in the Clone Wars CGI movie.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

Joushigun
09.09.2012 , 10:08 PM | #1259
Quote: Originally Posted by losdia View Post
Weren't there already problems with the Hutts? Something about people having issues with the types of stereos in the Clone Wars CGI movie.
I was mostly being silly...

chuixupu
09.10.2012 , 01:16 AM | #1260
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
There is also something to consider here.

Ok, I've been playing video games off and on since I had an Atari 2600.
*high five* I used to have some silly SW game that was basically two targeting dots flying through space shooting at....something. Somehow I thought that was fun.

Honestly I feel like if we don't get some major announcement about *something* for this game in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to explode.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant