Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What can we do with our Guild Master?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
What can we do with our Guild Master?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

UlaVii
09.07.2012 , 08:51 PM | #1
Our guild master has unsubscribed from the game as he "isn't interested in games at the moment" which is good for him but bad for us. We can't change ranks, assign new officers, alter the guild bank, well anything that a GM should do. Only one of us knows him outside of the game and so we asked them to ask him if he would resubscribe and pass his GM powers onto somebody else. He refused stating that he might come back in a few months. Now we're worried that if we push it he will come back and disband the guild to spite us as he does have a temper. Even when he was here he didn't do very much, like he only came on a few raids with us and he never even completed Lost Island!

We all talked about it tonight and we would like somebody else to be the guild master but without him handing the rank over we are not sure what to do, plus we are worried about the spiteful disband thing he might do. We don't want to leave and make a new guild as we have a domain name, mumble server and website that all match our guild name.

Can customer services help us please?

Beruthien
09.07.2012 , 08:59 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Ulavii,

The best thing to do in this situation would be to submit an in-game ticket listing your guilds name and our team will look into this situation for you.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions or issues.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

UlaVii
09.08.2012 , 11:09 AM | #3
I did as you said and copy/pasted my post into a support ticket (#6394423). I have now been told that you will do nothing until he has been away from the game for at least 30 days. It's very nice of you to take so much consideration for him and ignoring what the rest of our guild wants. Now we have to worry about him disbanding us for the next 23 days + however long it takes for you to act after that time.

What sucks is that we can't even block him from our mumble server or our website as we don't want to trigger one of his temper tantrums. We already had him clear our current site news and replace it with a "Why are you still playing SWTOR, come join my GW2 guild instead" post. My first reaction was to remove that post but then we realised that would probably piss him off so we had to leave it for a few days.