Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on fixing class bugs?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AllisonBerryman
09.07.2012 , 04:11 PM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I just want to assure everyone that these fixes are a top priority. It will likely be only a matter of days before they are deployed, but we don't have an exact estimate right now, and we'll keep you updated. We apologize for any inconvenience these issues have caused.

Aunara
09.07.2012 , 04:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I just want to assure everyone that these fixes are a top priority. It will likely be only a matter of days before they are deployed, but we don't have an exact estimate right now, and we'll keep you updated. We apologize for any inconvenience these issues have caused.
I thank you for posting (twice no less!) but it has already been 'days' since these issues were introduced. Now Bioware is telling many of their customers they have to wait until at least next Tuesday before they can continue their class stories? I'm sorry, but that is not acceptable. Please take that message back to the Devs.

MasterBLASTERpl
09.07.2012 , 04:37 PM | #13
Thanku you for answer but this is simply wrong. Now we need to wait whole week to get the game up and running? Last patch - Wednesday, next - Tuesday?

This is a very big let down for me.

Ohamsie
09.07.2012 , 05:19 PM | #14
Is it going to be an emergency patch deployed as soon as the fixes are made or are you going to wait until normal update time? I'm a little wary on playing now because I don't want to run across one of these bugs, so now I'm losing game time.

Steelyeye
09.07.2012 , 05:38 PM | #15
My trooper is stuck on A-77, when is this fix going to get done? I find it hard to believe that this is a top priority at Bioware since it is still broke. What's it going to take for to realize how serious this is. I've seen far worst MMO jump on bugs like this the instant they pop up.
"The first thing an agent develops is an immunity to guilt" Rassad, Imperial Intelligence - (Ebon Hawk)

DarthBrundleFLY
09.07.2012 , 05:44 PM | #16
My Bounty Hunter which I levelled to 50 months ago STILL has the incorrect loading screen when logging into the character...I believe it should say "Interlude" but mine still has the "Chapter 3 Public Enemy" screen.

I have put in numerous tickets just to be told it will be fixed in an "upcoming patch"....the game will be shut down before they fix it I think.

cynwyna
09.07.2012 , 05:51 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aunara View Post
I thank you for posting (twice no less!) but it has already been 'days' since these issues were introduced. Now Bioware is telling many of their customers they have to wait until at least next Tuesday before they can continue their class stories? I'm sorry, but that is not acceptable. Please take that message back to the Devs.
I fully agree, when you are on Dromund Kaas, at level 12 I can not leave the planet until this is fixed. SO this is a BIG problem......................

Ohamsie
09.07.2012 , 06:01 PM | #18
I'm a Sith Inquisitor coming up towards the end of Taris. Can anyone, without spoiling anything, let me know if I am close to being at one of the ruined missions?

Alpharaider
09.07.2012 , 06:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Does the team have any idea what may have caused these bugs? I'm a bit concerned when roughly half of the classes have had near/or game breaking bugs around the same time; I'm also quite interested in how this might have occurred.

I've reached the Operation Talon bug on my Trooper and am close to reaching the affected areas on all of my Sith classes. Currently I can only progress with my Jedi Consular, and I'm unsure how close I am to reaching a point where I can no longer continue. I understand that you all are working very hard to fix this, but I am somewhat frustrated that I may be unable to continue playing the game as designed for an unknown period of time. Any updates are appreciated and I wish you the best of luck on fixing these issues.

Dakkongj
09.07.2012 , 07:18 PM | #20
Some bugs are easy to find and fix, some bugs aren't easy to find and fix, and some bugs are easy to find yet still can be quite difficult to fix. This all takes time and patients on everyone's part.

Debugging software isn't something that can be done by snapping ones fingers or flipping a switch. The bug could exist anywhere amount the millions of lines of code.