Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
09.07.2012 , 04:21 AM | #1381
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
@Tatile: is there a master list of the stories in this continuity? Aside from spending some quality time with the indices so thoughtfully provided by other readers (thanks Kabeone). I'd love to go back and read them together.
Not yet, as it's only First Impressions and now Uninvited Guest. When I actually get something resembling a beginning done, I'll make a thread for it and then everything will be together! Yay!

And Kabeone, I wanted Broan to be having dark moments of temptation but not be acting on them. Like I said before, I don't want him to turn into DS!Jaesa all of a sudden

bright_ephemera
09.07.2012 , 04:25 AM | #1382
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Prompt: …When No One’s Watching

Title: Only Men Dance

Characters: Varrel Umrahiel (Sith Marauder), Jaesa Willsaam, Vette.

Spoiler
Oh, Vette. Every now and then some writer makes me love you.

Jaesa sounds about as good at dancing as I am. Except I actually want to learn. I sympathize with your discomfort, Jaesa!

The story index by character is here. The links are in order of posting, not in-continuity chronological order, but it's got things sorted by author and sub-sorted by character.

(Edit: Portrait technique notes: )
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
09.07.2012 , 07:51 AM | #1383
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Not yet, as it's only First Impressions and now Uninvited Guest. When I actually get something resembling a beginning done, I'll make a thread for it and then everything will be together! Yay!
Ah, thanks. You mentioned it was part of a larger work (in-progress) so I just assumed there were more snippets around in this thread. Aside from First Impressions. Thanks for the clarification. I enjoy Rochester and Broan was was just trying to fit this in with what I'd already read.

@ Bright: Thank you so much for the portrait help! I don't mess around with the photoediting software at all, so I didn't even know where to start.

And poor Jaesa. For me it's music: I love music. All kinds, baroque to rock (with a few exceptions). I can play violin (or used to), guitar (moderately well), and recorder (badly). Even took Choir back in school. But I'm technical. I can reproduce music as written or performed by another, with much practice, but I just don't feel it. Not the way a real musician does.

And I'm a terrible dancer.

Earthmama
09.07.2012 , 08:04 AM | #1384
so no story....cause I was too busy putting together a compilation of my main characters. It's kinda bad....but meh!!

and yes, one of them does have "the ponytail!!" lol

Spoiler

imnotawitch
09.07.2012 , 08:22 AM | #1385
Eeep, I've never had a character with The Ponytail. (Doesn't help that three of mine are Twi'leks, one is a Rattataki, and two of the other four are Zabrak.) I might need to change Lucerna's or Ashle's hairstyles to insure greater happy fun time writing success.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

iamthehoyden
09.07.2012 , 09:13 AM | #1386
Tatile, this progression of Broan's defection is excellent. It's believable, which is interesting considering we're talking about a mainly lightside Jedi going Sith. Good work!
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
... and Nalenne's people (none of whom have last names.)
Lol, all I can picture is Nalenne going "Last names? We don't need no stinking last names!"

Striges, Varrel's stories always have this clarity and poetry, and I'm astounded by the amount of background detail you have. It's very impressive.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
09.07.2012 , 09:38 AM | #1387
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Lol, all I can picture is Nalenne going "Last names? We don't need no stinking last names!"
"You'll be dead before you're done screaming my first name, so I really don't see why the last name is necessary."

(During this pronouncement, the good guy/target or one of his friends is sneaking around doing something that will cause disaster for Nalenne the second she finishes her premature gloating.)
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
09.07.2012 , 09:43 AM | #1388
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
"You'll be dead before you're done screaming my first name, so I really don't see why the last name is necessary."

(During this pronouncement, the good guy/target or one of his friends is sneaking around doing something that will cause disaster for Nalenne the second she finishes her premature gloating.)
Lol, love it. I do enjoy that Sith.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

elliotcat
09.07.2012 , 03:05 PM | #1389
Time for new prompts, which I will preface with ~tales from my personal life~.

So today I got my first organic chemistry test back. And I did really really badly. Like, failed badly. And I looked at it and felt bad about myself and felt horrible about my future and finally I said, "Screw it, I am so done with this. I'm going to graduate school." I felt so relieved in that moment, that even though I was giving up on becoming a doctor it simply was not worth the stress and the emotional toll it was having on me anymore.

So your prompt this week is Changes or New Paths because despite the relief, this still does feel kinda crappy. It's something I really wanted and having to end it really does suck. But in the long run I think I will be happier. So write about that sort of thing this week.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Tatile
09.07.2012 , 03:10 PM | #1390
ElliotCat, think of it this way: at least you got a shot at it. You tried and that's a lot more than most people get