Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Need" Biometric Crystal Alloy

Galby
09.06.2012 , 12:40 AM | #1
Is "need" ing these appropriate if you are 400 biochem and just want to do endgame crafting? Or are people expected to greed them? Just looking for opinions and information on what happens more often =) Thanks.
The Force is a lie, there is only luck.
Through my luck I smuggle stuff.
Through my smuggled stuff I gain credits.
My Credits shall set me free. - Smuggler's code.

THorsblood
09.06.2012 , 12:53 AM | #2
I'd say need is for when you are needing to crafting something to better yourself or other guildies, and Greed if you plan to sell what you make, Unless your the only one with max 400 skill...then need it up

BUT as always when in doubt ask the group!

*and technically i guess i shouldn't reply as my highest is 47, but i consider what i said to be true enough.
"Killing is bad and wrong. There should be a new stronger word for killing like Bad-wrong or Badong. Yes killing is Badong." ~ The Chosen One ~ Kung Pow

DarthScruffy
09.06.2012 , 01:49 AM | #3
The protocol my guild uses on ops is "need" on bca's and then as soon as you get one "pass" on all subsequent bca's. That way just about everyone who is using them gets one. However, ask about it before hand if you are unsure how it is being handled.

Galby
09.06.2012 , 02:26 AM | #4
Thanks for the answers ^.^
The Force is a lie, there is only luck.
Through my luck I smuggle stuff.
Through my smuggled stuff I gain credits.
My Credits shall set me free. - Smuggler's code.

Slugamaniac
09.06.2012 , 03:30 PM | #5
I always greed. Most high-end characters should have enough credits to pick up a crystal or two off the GTN if needed. If one IS needed most people should ask to need on it when the instance starts. A good reputation for yourself or you guild tag sure beats a bad one in these situations.
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

iamrhyolite
09.06.2012 , 11:21 PM | #6
Most guilds have looting policies for guild runs. Check with your guild master for this if there is no official looting policies.

For pug runs or mixed runs (guild run with 1 or 2 pug members), ask before needing on crafting items. Almost everyone has a crafting skill that need biometric crystal alloys, and for most pug groups I ran with the convention is to hit greed.

KEKHAN
09.07.2012 , 03:08 AM | #7
You dont make much with these so I tend to have 1 in stock and 'Greed' mostly, but saying that if you want to use it to craft something (even to sell) then you should 'Need' it.

'Greed' IMO should be used if you cannot use the item yourself but intend to sell it on the GTN.

Brittaany_Banks
09.07.2012 , 05:40 AM | #8
Because there is so much disparity on what constitutes a valid need roll and what doesn't the best thing to do in the case of random group makeup is to establish loot rules PRIOR to the killing of the first boss.

There are plenty of people (myself included) that believe needing on the biometric crystal alloy is fine so long as you intend to use it in crafting an item (whether it is for you or someone else). However some people believe greeding is the only thing acceptable for crafting mats.

Best thing to do is establish loot rules prior to start. If someone has a problem they can leave.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

SuperWookieFeet
09.07.2012 , 12:38 PM | #9
When it comes to HM FP drops of the biometric crystals, please ask the group before needing on them. I don't care if you need on it, just ask. It's a courtesy thing, and it seems like a ninja when you roll need and don't say anything.

mikebevo
09.07.2012 , 01:55 PM | #10
Needing without asking is a ninja on crafting materials as far as I am concern. I have no problem should you ask first, but I am BioChem too, so doing it without asking is considered a ninja to me. If you ask, then I will pass on it like I have everything else in the FP and if you were likeable and asked you may even get a few extra if I am convinced it is a real need.