Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Fan Favorite Reward is “The Party Jawa”

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Fan Favorite Reward is “The Party Jawa”
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
09.06.2012 , 02:27 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that “The Party Jawa” has won our Fan Favorite voting contest. Over the past month, our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item to receive as a reward when Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ launches its new Free-to-Play option this Fall. Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority! The Party Jawa celebrates a player’s status as a veteran of the galaxy with a unique and fun animation. The Party Jawa will be rewarded to current or previous subscribers as of August 1 and who are active subscribers when the Free-to-Play option launches.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ancksunamur
09.07.2012 , 01:20 PM | #2
So then the question is when are they launching the free to play option?

MythosHero
09.07.2012 , 01:27 PM | #3
Party Jawas are great and all, but personally, I'd really like to see new vanity items that are more...useful? New sets of moddable clothing, weapons, speeders, titles and such would be amazing.

Although I'm sure there will be plenty of people just dying to pop their Party Jawas /cringe at every opportunity, I would love to see some of the development time that's being diverted towards vanity items go into making things like this and this happen.
The Mythina Legacy | [HERO] | [Dark Fury] Jedi Covenant
Kalysta | Felyra | Kaysera | Kayros
Evanesca | Alecta | Daeonika | Vyntas
Kyranna Mythina | One with the Force, 12/15/11 | The World We Wrote.

oscardeleon
09.07.2012 , 01:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MythosHero View Post
Party Jawas are great, and all, but personally, I'd really like to see new vanity items that are more...useful? New sets of moddable clothing, weapons, speeders, titles and such would be amazing.
Yes. Completely agree
[Something about duct tape and the Force here]

zejaie
09.07.2012 , 01:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that “The Party Jawa” has won our Fan Favorite voting contest. Over the past month, our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item to receive as a reward when Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ launches its new Free-to-Play option this Fall. Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority! The Party Jawa celebrates a player’s status as a veteran of the galaxy with a unique and fun animation. The Party Jawa will be rewarded to current or previous subscribers as of August 1 and who are active subscribers when the Free-to-Play option launches.

Read More
I would much rather be able to play as a Jawa. I have no use for a party jawa as I don't really get into role playing or hanging out in cantinas.
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!

MediumD
09.07.2012 , 01:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by zejaie View Post
I would much rather be able to play as a Jawa. I have no use for a party jawa as I don't really get into role playing or hanging out in cantinas.
Although the VO would be easy--jawa gibberish for each player response--the companion romances may be awkward with a Jawa PC.

Party Jawa is something I'd use once and then put in my cargo hold, but it's fine for a free item.

zejaie
09.07.2012 , 01:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MediumD View Post
Although the VO would be easy--jawa gibberish for each player response--the companion romances may be awkward with a Jawa PC.

Party Jawa is something I'd use once and then put in my cargo hold, but it's fine for a free item.
Jawas don't really need to have a romance, anyway some jawas can speak basic. I would be willing to pay for a jawa character if they every make that available.
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!

Cmdluke
09.07.2012 , 02:12 PM | #8
I am not surprised at all that the party jawa won, although I would have much rather gotten the throne or the carbonite. those are much more interesting to me. we already have a rhythmic augmentation droid. do we really need a party jawa too? Give us something to decorate our ships with instead of a random jawa-in-a-box.

EDIT: I also vote no to playing a jawa. that is just silly.
"The Force is a Balance between the Light and the Dark" - Qun'aris Sunnrider
Jedi Consular Balance Sage

SawneyRath
09.07.2012 , 02:14 PM | #9
No to playing a Jawa... Just no..

As for the Party Jawa reward, I would have preferred something else personally as well.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

KallenOrdo
09.07.2012 , 02:29 PM | #10
Lame... now the fleets are gonna be INFESTED with these things... <gets his jawa-repellent ready>
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back!