Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Denova?

AshlaBoga
09.06.2012 , 09:42 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by iimagiicii View Post
Nerf SM EC, don't nerf HM EC = everyone happy.

I would prefer no nerfs but some people be so bad you know
Thing is that they'd have to nerf the mechanics rather than the boss health, enrage timers and dps as the bad players are dying due to not understanding the basic mechanics.

I'm a nice guy, but even I think that nerfing the mechanics of Story EC because some really bad players can't learn them... is well, not exactly conducive to making the game fun for everyone. Currently story modes are pretty easy, even EC. I've seen people in Augmented Columi gear without a single piece of Rakata do SM EC in under 150 minutes their first time around.

I've done SM EC in Augmented Campaign/Black Hole gear in 45 minutes. If they nerf it, they will kill it.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

DarthFamine
09.07.2012 , 05:16 AM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
8 Bad players with no clue? It is easy, its horrifyingly easy once you know what you are doing.We normally steam through HM in about 90 mins, SM in under 60. Its just knowing the mechanics and dealing with issues that high dps can cause.
no we are pretty decent, and we will eventually get it. I am saying that as it stands its too hard to call it a story mode.

I'd suggest making an actual story mode version of the op, because in my view we already have hard and nightmare modes, just no story mode.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Loftys
09.07.2012 , 07:59 AM | #273
Did anyone else notice that this is an OLD thread? The original post "Nerf Denova" was made back in April when it was first released - the thread was resurrected by a post made yesterday on previous page.

I don't think many people are of the opinion that SM Denova is too hard now that it has been out for so long.

Old news, moving on.

Snoizer
09.07.2012 , 08:08 AM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
I'd suggest making an actual story mode version of the op.
Hmm, you do know that EC SM drops Rakata gear, right? It is not suppose to be as easy as EV/KP SM, it should be like EV/KP HM but maybe even a little bit harder concidering the Chest drops on first boss.

EC is perfectly fine, let's move on.

Codek
09.07.2012 , 09:10 AM | #275
lol, wow. Last time I replied in this thread was april 19th (you know, back when this topic was relevant).

Characters get buffed through gear (which does not even require running EC anymore to obtain). This topic isn't even a talking point anymore since the operation is a joke if you obtain half a set of black hole comms thrown into Rakata/Columi shells.
~Codek

adam_wan
09.10.2012 , 06:37 PM | #276
Man, this argument is so weak. I am one of the first time MMO players and I completely disagree. I remember the satisfaction I got from beating SM EC the first time. What a relief. It took my guild a couple weeks to gear up the new guys and get a good run in, and when we beat it it felt awesome. Same way with lost island. Take your new-school weakling ideas and go play the new madden if you want an easy game. If I can learn the mechanics, so can you. Here's to making HM EV and KP harder, keeping Denova the way it is, and for hellacious ops to come in the future.

Khevar
09.10.2012 , 06:57 PM | #277
Unfortunately this is now a moot point as SM EC is listed in the 1.4 patch notes as being nerfed for the express purpose of making it easier for pugs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=523625

About 2/3rds down the page or so.

Vankris
09.11.2012 , 07:35 AM | #278
some of the change make me wonder. For example, they change the probe so it does not cleave anymore. So what soes the probe do in story mode, if it doesn't cleave? How bad can you be if you can't kick the cleave?

anyway, let us all pray that they don't touch the hard mode.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

DarthFamine
09.11.2012 , 07:58 AM | #279
I think that the cleave change was due to it killing tanks. There were times when we attempted it that the thing would one shot our tank, and she is an experienced tank that was mostly black hole at the time. After that it was a wipe.

Honestly I think the changes are positive. they aren't nerfing the damage done, or the hp of the bosses just relaxing the mechanics a little bit. which honestly is the only real gripe most people had with it.

I am going to try and perform a before and after when it goes live. we plan to run it sunday as is and log it, then see how big a difference it makes after the patch goes live.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Atramar
09.11.2012 , 08:16 AM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
I think that the cleave change was due to it killing tanks. There were times when we attempted it that the thing would one shot our tank, and she is an experienced tank that was mostly black hole at the time. After that it was a wipe.
I am very sorry, but if she is very expierienced tank, she should have know how to use interrupt...
on second note, (i'm usualy doing puzzle) I was asked recently to do tanking since other tank wanted to learn the puzzle in case I'm not there, and I absolutly forgot that there was anything to interrupt on SM, and barely seen my hp going down from first cleave, and interrupted all others.
and this was columni jugg alt tank, can't think how it could one shot full BH tank.
unles you are talking about HM EC, in that case, I'm afraid it will still be killing her (on side note, again, cleave on HM doesn't do much dmg either)
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013