Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS Drop since today's patch...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
FPS Drop since today's patch...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cerimon
09.06.2012 , 11:26 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings mbrothwell,

You should check that you have the latest Service Pack and Windows Updates installed for your operating system including the optional updates such as .NET Framework and Visual C++ features.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Booshka
09.06.2012 , 12:13 PM | #12
And when you've checked all that and you still get stupid FPS what else should we do. I was getting 50 FPS the other day. New patch now it's 25 FPS indoors and 9-10 in a war zone. This is unacceptable. I've changed nothing. You're game has changed. How the heck is it my pc problem, seriously?

Han Shot First!

Cerimon
09.06.2012 , 12:51 PM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

Please attempt the troubleshooting steps I have posted in the main thread on this issue to reduce player side performance issues:

Graphics options reset: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...3&postcount=74
and clean video driver reinstall: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...51&postcount=5

Thank you for your cooperation.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

LadyRaven
09.06.2012 , 01:00 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Booshka View Post
And when you've checked all that and you still get stupid FPS what else should we do. I was getting 50 FPS the other day. New patch now it's 25 FPS indoors and 9-10 in a war zone. This is unacceptable. I've changed nothing. You're game has changed. How the heck is it my pc problem, seriously?
Yes...The patch made things slower...fleet is very annoying even with just 30-50 people on.

I dread going to alderaan now...egad.

Booshka
09.06.2012 , 03:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Please attempt the troubleshooting steps I have posted in the main thread on this issue to reduce player side performance issues:

Graphics options reset: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...3&postcount=74
and clean video driver reinstall: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...51&postcount=5

Thank you for your cooperation.
Done all that. Same problem. Do I need to put it in another language. Nothing changed on this PC. You put out a new patch and voila, crap performance. Seriously, how is that a issue with my PC? It's like me having a petrol car that runs on unleaded, you sell unleaded, you then add diesel to your unleaded and when I ***** my car doesn't work right. You blame the car??

Han Shot First!

Jedi-Ondo
09.06.2012 , 04:21 PM | #16
OK try logging in today, my FPS drop is somehow fixed. i dont know if the server were unstable yesterday or what. But i was in belsavis last night and i was laggy a.k.a low fps, but i logged in right now and everything is back to normal!!!

mbrothwell
09.06.2012 , 05:23 PM | #17
ok so heres the deal. I reformatted my computer. means brand new drivers. then I updated windows with all available updates. FPS is still 10-20 (everything is up to date)
Beta test I must.

Mechanix
09.06.2012 , 05:52 PM | #18
I've been having the same problem as well...Tried everything that has been suggested TWICE. Thanks!

Spoiler

dabettis
09.06.2012 , 09:58 PM | #19
I was running average of 40 fps in wz's and then after the patch i am now running 7fps on average in wz's and its unplayable!!!! I've noticed some of the other players on this forum post have the same graphics card as me! Please help! Thanks!

Spoiler

SirSensi
09.06.2012 , 10:13 PM | #20
Im having this problem too.

Rig at a glance:
2nd Gen Intel Core i3
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 TI
8 GB DDR3

Before tuesday's patch I was running 60+ FPS anywhere.
Now its dropping from 15-45 FPS
I have installed the latest Drivers from nVidia I had previously 304.48, now I have 306.02. No difference in performance. It's gotta be the patch.

DxDiag Information:
Spoiler
SQUADRON 238 |Beta Tester|
< The Trichome Legacy >

Sensi