Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to Login after 08/5/2012 patch?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to Login after 08/5/2012 patch?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

schwartzpedro
09.05.2012 , 12:45 PM | #1
I seem to have stumbled on something weird today as I was re-installing SWTOR.I had it updated for a while,but it crashed and when I tried to log back,it said that "login was unavilable" and I have been unable to continue my update.HAVE i DONE SOMETHING WRONG?

sry for the caps btw :P

Sutii
09.05.2012 , 01:05 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello schwartzpedro,

If you have not done so already, please try the following troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue:
  • First of all could you check that the date and time are set correctly on both your Windows clock settings and BIOS clock.
  • Ensure that you have the correct ports opened in your router settings. See this link:
    http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2010 and that you have both the launcher.exe and the swtor_setup.exe added to the exceptions of your firewall and any antivirus software.
  • Please attempt to run the FixLauncher.exe, This will not affect any game client files you have already downloaded. To do so, double click on the FixLauncher.exe file located by default in:
    • For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
    • For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
    Also please ensure the launcher is set to run with Administrative privileges. To do so, right click on the launcher.exe file located by default in the locations above.
    Select 'Properties', click on the 'Compatibility' tab and check the box at the bottom under 'Privilege Level' where it says 'Run this Program as an administrator', then click Apply and OK.
  • Finally, could you please try resetting your password via the "Lost your password" link in the Launcher and then try to login again.
Should the issue persist after trying the above steps, please reply here including a DXDiag Report and your most recent Launcher Logs. Information on how to obtain these can be found here.

Hope this helps.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

schwartzpedro
09.05.2012 , 01:45 PM | #3
After trying all the options you mentioned,it didn't work.I've even reset my password to a new one.I was being able to update my client until 4 hours earlier, when It crashed.Should I delete the folder where SWTOR is and reinstall it from scratch?

Sutii
09.05.2012 , 01:53 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello schwartzpedro,

While there is a chance doing such could help with this problem, it is a rather extreme step and as such I would first like to exhaust other troubleshooting steps. With that said, could you please reply here with the request DXDiag Report and most recent Launcher Log. Information on how to obtain these can be found here.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support