Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Nerfing classes for PVP reasons, impacts PVE.../sigh

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.4 Nerfing classes for PVP reasons, impacts PVE.../sigh
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cycao
09.05.2012 , 10:22 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionSol View Post
They said the same thing about the NGE... "deal with it"

Look what that got them... SOE is now the laughing stock of game design world.
These changes or any patch for that matter is not even in the same ball park as the NGE...**** is not even the same sport.

mrekxxx
09.05.2012 , 10:38 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by RAVM View Post
As a Sage who PVPs, I think the change to Force Wave is idiotic. It's supposed to be a way to instantly get away from all attacking players, now I have to face them first? If there's more than one and they're not standiing in the same spot, it's useless.
Dude, nothing wrong against u, i play only PVP 8 months evryday 6-8 hours and this is huge buff for sorcerer ...

how can help u overload against marauder or some melee class now? it'll be much better after 1.4 soz 15m ...
i have sometimes problems to solo some skilled marauders or juggernauts, i kite them and this is for me great buff

and i dont speak bout 20 secs force speed /from 30 before/ .

and instant heal?? new ability? omg i love it, cannot wait on it ...

an done thing, yeah this required more skill but its much usefull for skilled players ... so many ppl cries bout its bout gear ...no skill ... and sure u cannot click abilities, be keyturner to use this to 100% potential ...

but we want the game be based more on skill, so i like this...

gl

Vedano
09.05.2012 , 11:18 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Isn't it interesting how PvP follows natural selection and players apply thought to their environment?

PvP is a team sport and balanced that way, not solo. It's also a tactics activity and it's rock/paper/scissors. Get yourself a stealther buddy to watch your back and stunlock the stunlocker.
Get yourself a stealth buddy to watch your back.....so effectively remove a player from the 8 on 8 and have him just follow you around in stealth only to come out of stealth when you (said gunslinger/sniper) gets stun locked by another one? Bravo on your sense of logic behind this decision. I must say that is quite genius to ask someone to just follow you around and do only one thing and stay stealthed otherwise all the time so he is ready at a moments notice.

If you dont sense my sarcasm or see the problem with what you said then you obviously do not pvp and would not see the huge impact as this "strategy" would effectively remove a player from the match considering he is there to do only one thing. Gunslingers/Snipers just have to deal with it, and i believe they are more than compensated by the insane amounts of dmg they can do. Unless they would prefer that no one can stop them and they can just free cast from anywhere and only die from people they can see coming to kill them from a mile away and they have a chance to blow them up before they can attack said GS/SR.
The battle of life is, in most cases, fought uphill; and to win it without a struggle were perhaps to win it without honor. If there were no difficulties there would be no success; if there were nothing to struggle for, there would be nothing to be achieved.
- Samuel Smiles

OrionSol
09.05.2012 , 11:19 AM | #84
Ruining the AoE pushback is going to KILL healers in PVE.

Stupid change, not needed, not asked for... and not going to work well.
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."

cycao
09.05.2012 , 11:27 AM | #85
Ruining the AoE pushback is going to KILL healers in PVE.

Stupid change, not needed, not asked for... and not going to work well.
You think that this will benefit healers in PvP?

Look, since this is not on the test server no one knows how this will change style of play for PvE and PvP players. As an assassin I am not sure how to make heads or tails because I have not tested it.

ssyy
09.05.2012 , 11:28 AM | #86
There is absolutely no good reason for changing ForceWave. It is stupid, and is going to piss off a good deal of people.

Not everyone pays attention to these forums, and will find out the first time when it is changed in game.

Mark my words, this will not go over well with the players of Consular/Inquisitor Classes.
I'm with you bro, with these changes, sorcs/sages will be downright unplayable!

I mean, yeah, we get a no-force, instant cast self heal every 30 seconds, the cooldown on force speed has been reduced by 33% and now grants immunity to snares and roots, they also gave us interrupt immunity, and we gain a new CC that will not break on damage.

But at what cost?!?!

Now, when we are surrounded by enemies, we have to take four steps back before hitting our knockback! I mean, yeah, sure, they also greatly increased the range of the knockback so that the enemies will fly further away.... and they did reduce the cooldown on force sprint, so its easier to ensure our class specific speed-away ability is up.... but still, I thought this was supposed to be a skill to allow us to get away from attackers! These changes absolutely break our ability to escape and survive. Whatever gain there may be in other aspects of this change, I now need to take four steps before using my knockback, and thus, this is an overall nerf.

Thanks a lot, Bioware!

OrionSol
09.05.2012 , 11:33 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
You think that this will benefit healers in PvP?

Look, since this is not on the test server no one knows how this will change style of play for PvE and PvP players. As an assassin I am not sure how to make heads or tails because I have not tested it.
I think they are changing it for the PURPOSE of Nerfing these classes in PVP.... without thinking that it will hurt pve
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."

Soul_of_Flames
09.05.2012 , 11:37 AM | #88
Agrees. New balance change suck.. and I play both a Merc and commando in PvP and PvE.

If they aren't going to do something for a class that changes it's balance scope evenly for both PvP and PvE, then don't change anything at all.

But honestly, it isn't even the nerfing that I don't like. It's the addition of the additional abilities and redesigned abilities that aren't needed. Commandos/Mercs don't need an interrupt. Have people forgotten that they have a dedicated ability used to locate stealthed opponents?

I mean, they complain that not enough people group up for content.. and then they turn around and make every class self sustaining. I thought the reason why commandos/mercs didn't have an interrupt was so that they could be balanced in a way to outweigh that problem. Not only that, but give incentive for them to group with a class that does have an interrupt.

NotSevv
09.05.2012 , 11:45 AM | #89
God some of the posts in this thread are idiotic. The Sage/Sorc healing nerf was as much about PVE as it was PVP oh and this is a buff not a nerf for those classes....
Viral (Corellian Run)
It burns when I PvP (Prophecy of the Five) GM

cycao
09.05.2012 , 11:49 AM | #90
I think they are changing it for the PURPOSE of Nerfing these classes in PVP.... without thinking that it will hurt pve
That is just it you think they are making but until a dev posts otherwise lets just go with the change was symbiotic.