Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Class Changes and Balance in Game Update 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MidichIorian
09.05.2012 , 10:23 AM | #391
Closing in on 400 replies, 380 of them hating on the changes, and not a single official reply or explanation to why they're, with the exception of the merc/commando interrupt, adding/changing things no one asked for while completely ignoring the things every poster wanted in the feedback threads.

It's like they think the problems will go away if they don't look. They only thing leaving are the players.

Ubuu
09.05.2012 , 10:27 AM | #392
I would also like to add...

while you guys were wasting time on this stupid crap...I still cannot sit in chairs

-Kamakazi-
09.05.2012 , 10:29 AM | #393
It seems bioware has it out for both of my classes..... my consular and my trooper keep getting ruined

FreiaFett
09.05.2012 , 10:34 AM | #394
One more thought for the developers that will never read this because they don't give a crap-

As a sorc healer in PVE, I NEED A 30 M STUN!!!![/B]

A LOT OF TIMES IN PVE THERE ARE STUPID MOBS THAT WILL AGGRO ON A HEALER THAT ARE REALLY FAR AWAY, AND SINCE CLOUD MIND IS A JOKE, I WILL NOW HAVE TO LET MY TANK DIE TO RUN UP TO THE MOB TO STUN THEM. BRAVO.

Thank you for making it that much easier to play any other game on the planet than this one.

JaeOnasi
09.05.2012 , 10:36 AM | #395
Hmm--I'll have to wait to see if this helps the annoying stun-locking of Sages or hurts them even more. Only gameplay time will tell.

I can't wait to try out the new Shadow skills, since I run Infiltrator spec all the time. It'll make this class more desired in PvP. I enjoy the Infiltrator Shadow too much to respec over to Combat just for one aspect of the game. Stealth SHOULD be a viable strategy in PvP, and right now, it's not viable in the least.
Staff Writer for TORWars.com My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom

Our Guild: The Older Republic on The Shadowlands because Older People definitely know how to have more fun!

DMSL
09.05.2012 , 10:39 AM | #396
Quote:
•Mercenaries and Commandos now have a 30-meter interrupt, Disabling Shot. This ability interrupts the target's current action and prevents that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds. This ability can be trained at level 18.
What i don't understand is why we need another ability for this. Woulden't it be better to rework electro dart and cryo grenade to have a viable interrupt for both Bounty Hunter and Trooper classes?

I.e. lower the cooldown and turn it into an interrupt/stun where applicable. So on a boss it works as an interrupt and on regular mobs it stuns them for the normal duration. Also the range, 10 metres is way too close, remember these are ranged classes. Adding a new ability just wastes more space on the player's action bars.

Nitaliya_Torel
09.05.2012 , 10:44 AM | #397
I know for myself as a sage player and i love my sage can say i feel this is really going to make being a sage even harder than before, at every turn we are getting nurfed, now you want to take away our ability to defend our selves from multiple attackers. i know that when i am being hit by a juggernaut,marauder and a operative doing backstap 50 times on me force wave then force speed is my only escape and with this i will not beable to get away anymore. Thank you Bioware for totaly messing over sage's again.

iamglass
09.05.2012 , 10:46 AM | #398
About the change to AoE Overload:
You know it's still possible to take like 5 steps back and hit most if not all the people attacking you with the Overload, THEN turn around and run away instead. The range has been increased to 15 from 8 in case most of you missed that. This effectively means that all your targets will be pushed away from you as your run instead of having them haphazardly tossed around you, and in some cases getting unintended/not really deserved kills by knocking them in to acid/fire/off bridges/ etc. (Arguably, it's the attackers fault for standing between a sorc/sage and the hazard but eh.) This also works in PvE.

I think if the new heal was taken off GCD, it would make a really nice addition to the both healing and DPS sorc/sages. And it would prevent having to compete for time with healing other people around you. It's not a specced ability, so DPS sages could easily take advantage of it as well.

Also, Merc/Commando's: Huge buffs. Healing and Hybrid specs and DPS specs all get nice self heals now. Especially with charged barrel, 5 stacks and you have an instant heal. That seems pretty nice, even if you only get 2 you have only a ~1 sec cast assuming you have 0 alacrity. Sounds pretty nice to me.
It seems there was a mis understanding here too, jet boost/concussion charge is not getting nerfed at all. It still has the 360 degree area.

EDIT: Although, I do agree about the 10m nerf to electrocute/force stun being unnecessary. It seems to me that those are both crucial to the gameplay of both healing and dps sorcs/sages against ranged DPS/MOBs.

oredith
09.05.2012 , 10:47 AM | #399
Quote: Originally Posted by Nitaliya_Torel View Post
i know that when i am being hit by a juggernaut,marauder and a operative doing backstap 50 times on me force wave then force speed is my only escape and with this i will not beable to get away anymore. Thank you Bioware for totaly messing over sage's again.
or, you know, you can change up your play style and survive even longer?

instead of wave->speed, you can now speed->jump->turn->wave, and knock them even further away?
(╯°□°)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Altheran
09.05.2012 , 10:53 AM | #400
Just a question about the lowering in range of stuns came to my mind : is it rock set ?
I understand well why it has been decreased to 10m forw shadows or powertech, but I don't get why for Sorcerers and Commandos. So I'm wondering if their Stuns will have their range upped at 30m when choosing a ranged AC (just like Project/Shock and Force slow range change when choosing Sorc/Sage) or not...

There won't probably be any reply until the patch note release and PTS testing but it would be nice to confirm or deny that the changes affect ranged classes as well.