Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Wave/Overload Change in 1.4 - An appeal to reconsider

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force Wave/Overload Change in 1.4 - An appeal to reconsider

Entropicus
09.05.2012 , 08:52 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
Instant knockback more than makes up for it.
This.

You can turn around instantly like an FPS. I'm not too worried about the overload. The range on the stun concerns me more. That 30m stun has caused more:
interceptions
Failed pass receptions
saved more lives so I have time to swing my guard
interrupted that heal till I get in interrupt range
Killed people in the fire/acid pit
Stopped range dps on my ball runner when I'm stuck on another level.
Stopped people short of getting the heal/dps powerup

Just the things I can think of off the top of my head.
When I run, I am running as if I am running towards someone attacking my family. When I lift, I am lifting the weight that is about to crush my child. Every workout you do is preparation for a time where it really matters. If you do not train like someone's life depends on you, what will you do when one does?

Arkerus
09.05.2012 , 08:54 AM | #32
A player's class gets 3 buffs and 1 nerf...

Complains about nerf.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

MidichIorian
09.05.2012 , 08:55 AM | #33
Will ball carriers be affected by this knockback? Just imagine all the times someone is going to mess up, many times as the outcome of latency, and send the carrier into their own goal when in reality they were trying to send them the other way or down into the pit. There are going to be a lot of angry team mates.

Or let's say that everything is on CD except Force Wave and you're trying to slow down a carrier before he/she reaches the goal line. With this change we now have to be infront of the carrier, a carrier that often is an assassin with sprint too that makes it impossible to get on the right side. Other classes might have a chance through raw burst but that's not really an option for a sage/sorc.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post

Complains about nerf.
We got a heal that probably won't even make up for 50 % of a normal crit and a lower CD on sprint, things no one asked for and won't make a difference. The other changes were for deep-spec healers and TK, no sane person brings a TK into PvP. The nerf on the other hand, the 10m range on electrolute, is a gamebreaker, especially since the other ranged class, sniper/gunslinger, still has 30 m and much bigger crits. The changes to FW is pretty big too and is IMO only giving maras/sents a free leap on us. Where is the real buff, the buff to dps, that people have been asking for?
Referral Link (grants you free stuff)
SkittLEs
TOFN/TRE

Arkerus
09.05.2012 , 09:04 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Will ball carriers be affected by this knockback? Just imagine all the times someone is going to mess up, many times as the outcome of latency, and send the carrier into their own goal when in reality they were trying to send them the other way or down into the pit. There are going to be a lot of angry team mates.

Or let's say that everything is on CD except Force Wave and you're trying to slow down a carrier before he/she reaches the goal line. With this change we now have to be infront of the carrier, a carrier that often is an assassin with sprint too that makes it impossible to get on the right side. Other classes might have a chance through raw burst but that's not really an option for a sage/sorc.
We got a heal that probably won't even make up for 50 % of a normal crit and a lower CD on sprint, things no one asked for and won't make a difference. The other changes were for deep-spec healers and TK, no sane person brings a TK into PvP. The nerf on the other hand, the 10m range on electrolute, is a gamebreaker, especially since the other ranged class, sniper/gunslinger, still has 30 m and much bigger crits. The changes to FW is pretty big too and is IMO only giving maras/sents a free leap on us. Where is the real buff, the buff to dps, that people have been asking for?
I like how you play down all the buffs like they don't matter at all. As if they have zero effect on the game. Get real. Especially the free heal! You can't just play down the buffs like they don't exist.

You'll adapt to the tiny nerfs you got.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Kegparty
09.05.2012 , 09:12 AM | #35
The problem with the cone push that is going to happen is that often times the game lags thus creating misses. I did not see one post about overpowered knock backs. I use the knock back to get an annoying CC locking operative off my back. I believe ops got multiple buffs now.

This is what I saw in the forums about CCs: DAMN STOP THE CCs FROM HAPPENING SOO MUCH
Changes decided on
- Proposed change makes CCs happen more removing resolve maxes on multiple ccing at once
- CCs must be close now... (bad for sorcs an already nurf batted class 2x from the start of this game) They wont be playing close around a fight with out a DC except a small self heal and a cone AOE knockback that will be hard to target anyone when you have lag.
- assassins will be able to sprint most of the game with a hybrid build

The game is too fragile in its current state to handle nurfs... what are they thinking? Just buff the classes that need it.

I felt every buff was needed in the notes but I am sure others have an opinion.

Sleprock
09.05.2012 , 09:13 AM | #36
They are not going to reconsider or take anything you have to say into consideration. They do not care and are going to do what they want. The ability should be renamed, since it's more like a force push now. Quite sad.

You people are knocking on Stalin's door.

Move on.

Kegparty
09.05.2012 , 09:16 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Sleprock View Post
You people are knocking on Stalin's door.
Move on.
So true.. Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.

MidichIorian
09.05.2012 , 09:20 AM | #38
I like how you play down all the buffs like they don't matter at all. As if they have zero effect on the game. Get real. Especially the free heal! You can't just play down the buffs like they don't exist.

You'll adapt to the tiny nerfs you got.
The main problem here is that they asked for feedback, no one in the feedback threads mentioned the things they changed and they totally ignored the things everyone thought could need a buff.

And no, a 2K heal won't have any effect because if you, as a sorc/sage, are in a position where you need to use a medpac it's most likely already too late. Not to mention that medpacs, that probably will heal for more than the new heal ability, already are in the game. So you save a few credits?

Lastly, you admit that the update is a nerf? Sorcs/sages have already fled in masses and from the look of the forums this is going to be the last nail in the coffin for a class that requires much more from the player than atleast three other dps AC'es for it to be competitive on a high level.
Referral Link (grants you free stuff)
SkittLEs
TOFN/TRE

NuSeC
09.05.2012 , 09:26 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by leto_cleon View Post
And on top of that all 2-3 melee classes need to do is make sure that they come to consulars at >120 degree away from each other. The Consular is pretty dead.

yes because you should not die if 3 people are on you :/
Kinrath Spider -> The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five
Big-Time-Elite-Warlord Doze - Sith Jugg <The Wealthy>
Phibrilation-Sorc Punch'N'Pie-PT Annoy-OP Catfu-Mara Howt-Mando Spammin'rocks-Sage QQ'On'Forums-GS

TheronFett
09.05.2012 , 09:30 AM | #40

Complains about nerf.
Pretty much this ^

Despite all the whining about how fragile the Inq/Cons class is, you guys really have it pretty easy vs. melee classes. The buffs you got MORE than make up for this. Most of the good coordinated PvP teams that I see are full of this class cross-healing each other and chain spamming Force Wave while they hold down nodes and being nearly invincible. I'm glad to see that there might actually have to be some thought into playing this class in 1.4.