Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Overload/force wave nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Overload/force wave nerf

DakoHawk
09.05.2012 , 01:21 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Yeah, there goes our one already half-assed defensive CD...
Besides the bubble, force speed, and the upcoming self heal.

TapVallian
09.05.2012 , 01:21 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchbarry View Post
I disagree with this and think this ability should not be changed.
I don't like the change either. It says it's for PvP, so I guess that means they think its fine for PvE but has to be changed because someone doesn't like it in PvP. :/

In the threads I've read about the upcoming changes, no one has even mentioned that they feel like it needs changed as another class fighting against someone using this ability.

Who even wanted this change?

stephenjohnp
09.05.2012 , 01:22 AM | #13
Don't see the problem. I have a Sage myself and a lot of you are simply complaining for the sake of doing so. It is an instant ability and no way is it difficult to turn your camera to face your enemy for a milli-second to cast the ability and then turn.

Hell they even reduced the CD of Force Speed to help with this.

Complain more kids.

iheartnyc
09.05.2012 , 01:22 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
I'm glad you decided to add constructive reasons and explain why you feel this way. Great post here kid, the devs will just skip right over this and not even think twice.

edit - I like the changes btw, it adds more skill to the game.
From another thread:

The changes for DPS sorcs are bad. Very bad.

Most DPS sorcs rely on insta-cast spells or channeled spells that have no cooldown. If you want to play a DPS with big activation times, there are other classes that have it and can deal bigger hits. We exchange big hits for extreme mobility and lots of utility (pulls, stuns, roots, mez, force speed, etc) with the occassional heal spell. So now if I spec high in lightning I can be un-interrupted for 10 seconds.....I'm never interrupted anyway as everything is instant cast or channeled with no cooldown....useless for Hybrid/Madness, only useful for those rare folks who spec very high in lightning (why?).

Look at the changes. We get force speed to 20 seconds....I already spec for the 20-second force speed. No mention if that goes to 10 seconds now. This would be a modest boost if it does; if not then it's meh, nothing.

We got our stun reduced to 10 meters from 30 meters. Since some players have 30m range to hit you, sometimes a stun was what was needed. Now they can still hit you from 30m range, but you can't stun them. Clearly this lowers our survivability.

We got overload reduced to frontal 120-degree arc instead of 360-degree arc. This is a pretty big nerf, as anyone chasing you can still chase you, or you have to turn and face them, which just allows them to hit you a few more times than they would have if you had a 360-degree knockback + root. If they are surrounding you, you're now doomed.

In exchange, we get a modest insta-cast heal every 30 seconds...which probably activates your global cooldown. No word yet on what "modest" is, but ranked warzone groups don't want a dps that has a good heal ability...anything less than 5k is useless; I suspect it will remain well short of that.

Without a major increase in damage, the class went from being considered mildly underpowered to now a joke. This pretty much forces sorcs to go healing; my operative healer already heals for 500-700k per warzone, so not sure why I should play a sorc at all then.

crunchbarry
09.05.2012 , 01:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenjohnp View Post
Don't see the problem. I have a Sage myself and a lot of you are simply complaining for the sake of doing so. It is an instant ability and no way is it difficult to turn your camera to face your enemy for a milli-second to cast the ability and then turn.

Hell they even reduced the CD of Force Speed to help with this.

Complain more kids.
a 120 degree cone doesn't equal an AoE knockback. the amount of "skill" required is irrelevant. yeah. have fun with that.

aeterno
09.05.2012 , 01:31 AM | #16
Star wars punt wars no more. Well a bit less. Really heartbreaking suff that.

stephenjohnp
09.05.2012 , 01:33 AM | #17
For me this is a buff.

I can't tell you the amount of times I've tried to shunt someone off the edge of a ledge and due to the fact that the animation has to play out before the knockback effect is triggered they move slightly and they'd be fine.

Now that it is instant, I will never have this problem again.

Cry more.

crunchbarry
09.05.2012 , 01:34 AM | #18
I would just like to say that as a melee DPS class I already *** pwn sorcs. If I see a Sorc in a warzone it is auto aggro. They are destroyed fast. Even geared sorcs. If the Sorc is DPS... LOLz. I may lose but only if the Sorc is healing/getting heals and somebody has a guard on it. This nerf is a joke.

SNCommand
09.05.2012 , 01:37 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenjohnp View Post
For me this is a buff.

I can't tell you the amount of times I've tried to shunt someone off the edge of a ledge and due to the fact that the animation has to play out before the knockback effect is triggered they move slightly and they'd be fine.

Now that it is instant, I will never have this problem again.

Cry more.
You also send them flying farther, you miss out on pushing several people off the ledge, but now you can send that one guy screaming to his death for sure
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

stephenjohnp
09.05.2012 , 01:38 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
You also send them flying farther, you miss out on pushing several people off the ledge, but now you can send that one guy screaming to his death for sure
It's a conal, and since you have a decrease CD on Force Speed, you can easily maneuver yourself to knockback most of them.

Cry more.