Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Overload/force wave nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Overload/force wave nerf

crunchbarry
09.05.2012 , 12:57 AM | #1
I disagree with this and think this ability should not be changed.

iheartnyc
09.05.2012 , 12:57 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchbarry View Post
Yeah, there goes our one already half-assed defensive CD...

crunchbarry
09.05.2012 , 01:03 AM | #3
I don't even play a sorc. I just think its a cool *** ability. One of the best you guys have, and they are taking it away.

BennyKrak
09.05.2012 , 01:04 AM | #4
I wish there was a Facebook 'like' button for this..
Krackers || Kozlovsky
The Krackers Legacy
Samurai Pizza Cats | Just Relax | Your Companion

Talimar
09.05.2012 , 01:06 AM | #5
+Like
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

FourTwent
09.05.2012 , 01:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchbarry View Post
I'm glad you decided to add constructive reasons and explain why you feel this way. Great post here kid, the devs will just skip right over this and not even think twice.

edit - I like the changes btw, it adds more skill to the game.

MidichIorian
09.05.2012 , 01:12 AM | #7
I think they're trying to replace the community by making one class quit at a time. Previous nerfs didnt scare off all the sorcs/sages so they initiated step 2 of their plan. It's the only explanation I can come up with.

It's not even good for PvE. here's a couple of scenarios on what will happen in PvE:
*You will have to chase enemies every time you use it.
*Force in balance will no longer be an option after that you've used FW.
*You will send enemies off ledges/cliffs more often. This will result in one of the following:
1. The enemies die and you miss out on loot/you have to work your way down the cliff to get it
2. The enemies don't die but aggro two more mobs on their way back
3. Your companion takes off and one of you die.

crunchbarry
09.05.2012 , 01:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
I'm glad you decided to add constructive reasons and explain why you feel this way. Great post here kid, the devs will just skip right over this and not even think twice.

Um. Because it is simply not needed? Because Sorcs are for the most part fine as they are? Guardians have AoE mezz. Ops/smugs have AoE mezz. Why can't sorcs have AoE knockback? Get off your high horse, kid.

leto_cleon
09.05.2012 , 01:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
Actually, it reduces the amount of skill needed to go against the Consular. Smart melee DPS currently use their gap closers right after a force wave. With only a frontal cone to worry about, they just need to join in a gank fest.

Elkirin
09.05.2012 , 01:18 AM | #10
The major problem I have with the change is ;
Most of the enemies I wish to hit with this skill will be behind me. I can hook jump turn cast when not stunned but I would prefer the cone to be behind me....

but much like other skills changed to suit metrics, some will take it off the skill bar entirely, some will use it and some will leave the game shaking their heads in disbelief.

For me I will try it out. I would advise the balance team to play the game alongside actual players a few hours and ask their opinions though.

I would also like to see ALL Aoes changed to 120 degrees frontal as well and check to see if the same posters jump in saying " good move increases skill factor".