Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

putridpete
09.04.2012 , 07:47 PM | #1
Hello.

I currently live in the Caribbean, but ordered SWTOR (US region) from Amazon and have been playing in the North American servers.

I was thinking on getting a (physical) security key but I am only allowed to acess the Origin Store from Spain. I'm guessing the Security Key they sell is for a european region. I contacted EA, and they said content is only available for me on that particular region and at this time it can't be changed. I don't quite understand how I am forced to use a store that is monetized in a difficult currency for me (euros instead of dollars) when I don't even live on that region, but hey whatever.

Is there any other way I could acquire a region specific security key? Maybe on amazon? I'm not sure if I can trust that. Maybe even if I buy the security key from the Origin Spain Store it still works?

Thank you in advance for your help.

PD: I don't have a smartphone right now, sadly, it was stolen.
Jedi Consular

Ratae
09.04.2012 , 08:18 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings putridpete,

Iím afraid I can only suggest that you direct these questions to Originís customer service department via their website. They will certainly be able to confirm whether they will ship the device to you from Spain. As far as I am aware, the keys themselves are not region specific but they will be able to confirm this too.

Iím sorry that Iím not able to help you further, but am sure that Origin will be able to answer your questions.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support