Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion bar keeps moving

Awnay
04.18.2012 , 01:16 AM | #1
Thats it. I have it on the right side of screen and it pops further right under my hot bars.

And often times the companion will not come out, when i dismount, or revive.

joeyweaver
07.10.2012 , 08:50 AM | #2
This happens to me, too. I place it on the bottom, middle right. After a certain loading event (haven't pinpointed what) the bar moves all the way to the right underneath my map. I have to go into interface editor and move it back.

OdanBaruq
09.04.2012 , 06:06 PM | #3
old thread but have had this problem myself.... usually find it hidden under my minimap after have been in a group, wish it would stay where I put it. Refreshing ui seems to reset it back but rather annoying.

NzFox
12.22.2013 , 05:34 AM | #4
Necro thread!
But I'm STILL having this issue...
I'm a returning player, not played for around a year and this issue is still around O.o
I have gone through multiple installs of the game...a clean install of my OS due to upgrading parts and the companion box still likes to wonder. Sometimes I catch it doing it, and watch it slowly migrate across the screen

davidrodriguezjr
02.14.2014 , 06:16 PM | #5
Is there a fix to this?

NerateMireth
02.15.2014 , 10:53 PM | #6
I have this problem all the time when I join a group for a Heroic/FP/Ops with my companion out. As soon as I leave the group my companion bar moves from where it should be.

All I can suggest is to click on the little + on you main hotbar that lets you either enter the layout editor or load a previously saved layout. Just click on the current layout and it's back where you had it.

Until BW fixes this (about another 4 years the way they get to things) this is the best option that I know of.
Imperial Northwestern Front
Personnel Division Commander

Basteen, Cryptstalker, Etaren, Halo-TwoSeven, Nera'Adal, Olplyn

schmitty
02.16.2014 , 12:39 PM | #7
I have had this very same issue since they first introduced the customizable UI. Nearly every time I enter or exit a party/ops group the companion bar shifts to the far right of my screen after a loading screen or sometimes during combat. I can fix it by using "ctrl + U" to reset the UI or simply reloading my saved UI but it is annoying.

mirrorrorrim
12.15.2014 , 03:42 AM | #8
Thank you for discussing this as i was concerned about a Trojan etc when my companion bar began migrating from the right where i placed it back to the left across the bottom of my screen. Handy to know about, but why is it still happening?