Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

BrandonSM
02.18.2012 , 03:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRios View Post
Idk, Its almost as if they want to show her to be more powerful than the masters. I will keep watching but its like the show is about her and not the clone wars.
Its obvious you've only watched about 3 episodes.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

meshade
02.18.2012 , 05:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRios View Post
So i have tried to get into watching clone wars but I just can't. Ahsoka just annoys the hell out of me and i hate the attitude she give to jedi masters such as obi wan and even a jedi like anakin. Anakin was bad enough being a whiny padawan but i can stand ahsoka! I don't understand why people like the series so much. I also feel like she is overpowered for a padawan, and sometimes she makes anakin in and obi wan look stupid which is kinda ridiculous. I did like the old clone wars series however as it showed much more action and the fights were way more epic than the ones in the new clone wars imo. So....Whats your opinion? What do you think of Ashoka?
By more epic you mean ridiculously over the top? Like mace windu clearing a whole droid army without lightsaber etc? :>
It burns, it rips, it hurts

Liquidacid
02.18.2012 , 06:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaskava View Post
I'm sorry, a what? Yes, there are times where she needs help, but she's, what, 17 in the current season? I wouldn't call her a 'damsel in distress'.
a damsel in distress is simply any female who is placed in a dire predicament who requires a hero to save her... While they, for the sake of an entertaining story, are generally young (and yes 17 is still very very young) it really has nothing at all to do with age

for god's sake this is a classic theme in world literature, art, and film... *** do they teach in school now?
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

kirorx
02.18.2012 , 07:43 PM | #14
She has grown on me

Liquidacid
02.18.2012 , 09:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
She has grown on me
yes she has made a part of me grow too

wait what?

warcrafty
09.04.2012 , 01:34 PM | #16
I like Ahsoka in the new series.
Who else does'nt want her to die?

Liquidacid
09.04.2012 , 03:51 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by warcrafty View Post
I like Ahsoka in the new series.
Who else does'nt want her to die?
she kinda has to for the story to work out and pretty soon... the series takes place between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith which is only a 3 year time period... I mean they still have some time and I like the series but it's starting to edge into MASH territory

in case you don't get the reference MASH was a series about a US army hospital unit during the Korean War which lasted 11 seasons even tho the war actually only lasted 3 years... and before some says "well a season doesn't have to be a year" I will remind you they had a Christmas episode every season

Wolfninjajedi
09.04.2012 , 04:22 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
she kinda has to for the story to work out and pretty soon... the series takes place between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith which is only a 3 year time period... I mean they still have some time and I like the series but it's starting to edge into MASH territory

in case you don't get the reference MASH was a series about a US army hospital unit during the Korean War which lasted 11 seasons even tho the war actually only lasted 3 years... and before some says "well a season doesn't have to be a year" I will remind you they had a Christmas episode every season
Not to mention, it would only drive Anakin further closer to the darkside.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kyriosgundam
09.04.2012 , 04:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Stranger_D View Post
She does NOT stronger than Anakin or Obi-wan does. They make it look that way but it really isn't. For example in the movies, you can see that Obi-Wan and Anakin can defeat Magnaguard with ease(until plot required) while Ahsoka exhausting herself while killing them.

Beside, they need to establish her character as a dependable padawan(yet hothead and quirky sometime) on first season before other writer flanderize her as a damsel in distress.

Don't 'picking' her too much and you will be fine.
Also you need to remember that Anakin and Obi-Wan had previous experience fighting MaganaGuard Droids so they knew where the weak spots in the Droid's design were. I will say that I dont consider TCW series as cannon in any way. However I do think that the character does have potential in the long run. I know from the Lore that during the Clone Wars Anakin did train an apprentice, but I think they could have made Ahsoka less like Anakin was when he was a Padawan when they introduced Ahsoka in the Clone Wars Animated movie.
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

Liquidacid
09.04.2012 , 05:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyriosgundam View Post
I will say that I dont consider TCW series as cannon in any way.
unfortunately Lucas has decreed it canon and it is actual considered by LL to be higher canon than all the EU novels, comics and games so no SW authors are allowed to contradict it (they made a new canon level called T canon for the series which is now above C (the EU) and right below G (the movies)) ... there is even talk about them retconing a brand new timeline for the clone wars era once the series is almost over to fix the few continuity errors

hell the last EU novel series even referenced an episode of the Clone wars series... the main villain Abaloth was tied into the Father, daughter and Son from the Clone Wars series...

I'm ok with the series in general except for one thing... and that is *********** Darth Maul coming back with robot legs... seriously *** I really wanna know how Obi-wan is gonna explain that one to Qui-gon's force ghost