Group Finder making you choose all FP's in order to get daily group finder rewards.

I think its dumb how you have to pick all the FP"s in one section to get daily group finder rewards for low lvl what if you no longer gain exp from killing enemies in the flashpoint but still want the daily group finder rewards? so you have to sit through 30mins of a flashpoint that gives you no exp in order to get it? This should be changed in the future I just end up screening the FP's

This used to be not a problem, you could deselect the missions, keeping only the ones you want. But then after a patch, you wouldn't get your token and had to submit a ticket. My guess is, instead of spending much time on truely fixing the bug, it was much easier for them to make it to where you had to have all the missions selected, since the bug was happening when you deselected some FPs.

Falls on the same ground as the 'Quick patch" for the project animation.

Players can receive bonus rewards for using Group Finder by keeping the default selections, which will result in a randomly selected Flashpoint or Operation. Players receive bonus rewards the first time each day they complete a random Flashpoint or Hard Mode Flashpoint, or complete a Story Mode Operation. Rewards are received upon completing the content.

Seems to be working as intended.

It would make sense for it to omit normal flashpoints that the quest log would consider grey difficulty. For the hard modes it should stay the way it is though, if you let people deselect flash points and still get their comms you will end up running the same flashpoint every single time because a large majority of the community will just queue for the fastest.

*edit* Now that I think more about it, that is going to mean as a 50 you can't really queue for normal modes if your after the daily comms. So it would have to be something along the lines of if the reward is daily comms, then queue for all otherwise queue for level appropriate only.

Edited by nbayer

This used to be not a problem, you could deselect the missions, keeping only the ones you want. But then after a patch, you wouldn't get your token and had to submit a ticket. My guess is, instead of spending much time on truely fixing the bug, it was much easier for them to make it to where you had to have all the missions selected, since the bug was happening when you deselected some FPs.

Falls on the same ground as the 'Quick patch" for the project animation.

It was never intended to for you to get a reward unless you queue for all possible flashpoints. This is to reduce queue times.

This has been very very clearly laid out since 1.3 dropped.

Question: If you que for the two SM versions. Say you complete KP SM on Thursday.

On Friday you guild run and group up for the Daily Black Hole comms. Then we group find (Ops leader I think). Do we NOT get KP SM in random if someone ran it already this way?

OR > Would it force us to EV SM by default or error out saying a member of the party doesn't qualify or something.

I'm asking because our guild runs EV HM and we usually do KP SM as well for gearing newbies.

I always assumed it was like this because it is just common sense for it to work this way. You are given BH Comms, which can buy you gear 2 sets above Columi which is the primary reward for HMFP. So it doesn’t make sense gear wise or query time wise to give people the option to deselect HMFPs.

Also if your gear is not adequate for certain tier 1 HMFP, then use the select button to get the HMFP you can do, get your Columi gear and then worry about the BH comms later.

OR > Would it force us to EV SM by default or error out saying a member of the party doesn't qualify or something.

That, it would force you into EV SM or which everyone that was not locked out. If you had some that had done SM EV and some that had done KP, then you could not get either SM Ops with that group.

Edited by mikebevo

Problem is Red Reaper doesn't count towards the daily flashpoint mission from the mission terminal, but you have to check it in order to get the random daily commendation bonus. Either add Red Reaper to daily flashpoint mission or remove it from level 50 random queue for random daily commendation bonus.

The whole point is to earn the reward by doing a daily random flashpoint. This gets more people into the different flashpoints instead of grinding the same one over and over.

If you want the reward you gotta be willing to do a random flashpoint.

The whole point is to earn the reward by doing a daily random flashpoint. This gets more people into the different flashpoints instead of grinding the same one over and over..
In theroy yes, in reality I still do battle of illum and directive 7 over and over.......and over.

In theroy yes, in reality I still do battle of illum and directive 7 over and over.......and over.

Lol touche :p I guess either a lot of people on your server qeue for BoI or D7, hence why you get stuck with them more often (more probable choice) or you're just having an unlucky streak, such is the nature of random >.<

I agree that you should have to queue for everything at level 50, but I definitely have issues at lower levels. At level 30, my guardian was still getting queues for Mandalorian Raiders, which is a level 23 instance. Completely useless for me to run. I ended up checking the levels of whoever I ended up with and declining if they were too low, as I knew the run would end up a colossal waste of time. An easy fix would just be to tighten up the level ranges for random queues, at a minimum to the level where you'll still get experience from everything.

The whole point is to earn the reward by doing a daily random flashpoint. This gets more people into the different flashpoints instead of grinding the same one over and over.

If you want the reward you gotta be willing to do a random flashpoint.

No, it's not random at all. You couldn't be further from the truth. I get Red Reaper no matter what since I'm forced to queue for it. The reason I get Red Reaper 100% of the time is because it's a mid 40's Flashpoint, so there is way more people queuing for it since that's one of the only Flashpoints they can queue for. That and 50's are forced to queue for it to get the daily done. That isn't random at all. And then I have to uncheck Red Reaper and queue all over again to get the mission terminal daily done, that excludes Red Reaper... that's madness. I shouldn't have to queue 2x for normal Flashpoints to get 2 dailies done with the only difference between the two is that one is with Red Reaper and one is without. That's the definition of repetitive.

Yeah, that bugs me too. At present, I'm not geared for SM LI. Deselecting it means I don't get the daily comms. Same for clicking off EV, which I really don't like. So, I can either screw the group over by selecting content that I know I'm not geared for (or simply dislike) and drop when I queue in, or deselect and not get my comms. At the very least, GF should tell you which FP it's going to be, so that I can see that it's LI or whatever and decline.

Lol touche :p I guess either a lot of people on your server qeue for BoI or D7, hence why you get stuck with them more often (more probable choice) or you're just having an unlucky streak, such is the nature of random >.<

yes, that's because some don't care about the bh comms (or already got them ) and are looking for a specific drop, like the columi offhand that can be used for some classes to upgrade their mainhand.

i think it's a good thing that in order to get the comms you have to be willing to do any hm. if people could select only 1 or 2, there will be less matches to be made and therefore longer queues for everybody.

Yeah, that bugs me too. At present, I'm not geared for SM LI. Deselecting it means I don't get the daily comms. Same for clicking off EV, which I really don't like. So, I can either screw the group over by selecting content that I know I'm not geared for (or simply dislike) and drop when I queue in, or deselect and not get my comms. At the very least, GF should tell you which FP it's going to be, so that I can see that it's LI or whatever and decline.

You don't have to queue for HM LI to get the reward. You only have to queue for all the FP's in the a tier. So if you queue for all the tier 1 FP's you will get the reward.