Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Two Kaon hm questions

CitizenFry
09.04.2012 , 12:42 AM | #11
If you're having a hard time with the last fight, put the healer and ranged DPS up on the balcony.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

Flaniganican
09.04.2012 , 12:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by cfcstl View Post
First question:
When fighting the Behemoth, do you kite him to the barrels and click immediately or wait until he frenzys, then click on the barrels? I have seen people argue both ways. My best results are to click as soon as he is close and dps, then during frenzy tank kites him and we all run to next barrel.
Some tanks want to hold him at the barrel until he frenzys then click the barrel.

Second question:
What is the preferred order for fighting the final bosses and why? I have seen people want to do it every way possible.
This is kind of interesting because it can go either way on both fights. I have tanked KuS many times and almost every time for the Behemoth, I just pull him to the barrels, blow em up, and DPS him on our way to the next one. Based on this, it isn't exactly necessary to wait until he frenzies because I have hardly ever done it that way.

As for the last fight, based on what everyone has said, I'm sure a lot will disagree with me. However, I have never once taken out the Commander first. I know that the tank can't taunt the other two while the main boss is up, but the big problem tends to be with the big guy that has the pin move. Every time I have tanked Kaon, which had been many times, we take out the big dude first, the smaller guy second and the main boss last. The only reason I like it this way is because when the healer gets pinned, its bad for everyone. Very rarely have I been in a group where we couldn't DPS the other two quick enough and the healer couldn't keep up. In fact, I never have. Keep in mind, though, all of this on the last fight is most likely situational. If you don't have a semi-decent healer and semi-decent DPS, then you might want to take out the Commander first.
The Hatemore Legacy
Flanagan | Jung Ma