Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bought full game but it won't let me play.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Bought full game but it won't let me play.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Grinty
09.04.2012 , 04:53 AM | #1
Hello there,

My brother bought the full game yesterday and everything looks ready to go. When he tries to log in to the game, it says he has no active subscription. We went to his account on here and it says that he has 29 days of play time remaining. It also says he needs to set up a subscription, however, he does not want to pay a further 8.99 to play something he has already paid.

Essentially, he's paid for a service that he is not getting.

Please enlighten us both as to why he cannot play the game he has just paid for.

Many thanks,

Grinty

Beesodd
09.04.2012 , 05:00 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Grinty,

If he hasn't done so, your brother will need to add a subscription or a Game Time Card to his account, and then he will be able to play. If he does not wish to be billed next month, then he can immediately remove the subscription from his account, and in any case he will not be billed until the initial game time has expired.

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Skyblurr
09.04.2012 , 11:08 AM | #3
I had the same problem a few days ago when I had also purchased the full game. I had bought the subscription but then when I logged in it said I had no active subscription. I thought this was strange but I realized that when I went back to my account it still wanted me to do a few things like fill in my contact information, answer the security questions...etc. once I had done all of that I was able to log in. I hope this helps.

Sutii
09.04.2012 , 04:28 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Skyblurr,

That is a good point, when logging in to your account on www.swtor.com you will find our "Ready To Play" steps, ensuring each of these is completed will eliminate any issues that could be caused from that side of things.

I am glad to hear that you did manage to resolve the issue you encountered, should you have any further difficulties please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take care and have fun playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support