Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Periodic abilities don't tick!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Periodic abilities don't tick!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aital
09.04.2012 , 01:24 AM | #1
I've been testing on the dummy on tython. I hurt myself using sacrifice so my health is nice and low. I use abilities one at a time and watch for crits. I move the mouse over and backover to see if I heal. The ONLY ability to count as Periodic is Mind Crush. Not even Mind weaken? Let alone the channeled abilities if they are supposed to.

Is this broken?

Also the only ability to show that it heals with green text is the Force in balance(I have not looked if my settings have anything to do with this if they possibly could. I'm not familiar with the text flying setting.). And yes Force in balance heals but I did not consider it periodic for the discussion. I figured the only possible ones were channels and DOTs.

Beesodd
09.04.2012 , 01:41 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Aital,

I just want to be clear, are the appropriate debuffs being applied? Is it just a case of the relevant text not showing? Is it only at the training dummy or out in the world too?

Have you checked that all the boxes are ticked in the Flytext section of your preferences?

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Aital
09.04.2012 , 10:36 AM | #3
If by debuffs you mean the icon for the DOT's being on the enemy then yes.

All Fly text is on and has been on the entire time.

It seems to be in all situations. I've never seen a heal flytext for anything from the Balance tree besides Force in Balance.

Are the Telekinetic throw or Forcequake or other spells supposed to tick the Heals on Crit? Which spells should be potentially triggered?

Beesodd
09.04.2012 , 10:58 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Ah, i'm sorry, I didn't understand that you were referring to the Focused Insight talent. I take it that the damage from these abilities is ticking correctly?

As I understand it, Focused Insight is not affected by channelled skills.

Please create a ticket detailing the issue, and we will look into whether this is a display issue, or some skills aren't correctly granting the heal.

Thanks for the posts, and I'm sorry that I don't have a solid answer for you.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

zipsfan
09.04.2012 , 11:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aital View Post
If by debuffs you mean the icon for the DOT's being on the enemy then yes.

All Fly text is on and has been on the entire time.

It seems to be in all situations. I've never seen a heal flytext for anything from the Balance tree besides Force in Balance.

Are the Telekinetic throw or Forcequake or other spells supposed to tick the Heals on Crit? Which spells should be potentially triggered?
No. Only your DoT crits will heal you. Mind Crush, Sever Force, and whatever the 3rd one is (Balance Shadow here). Read the FiB tooltip, it tells you that it heals you for X% per enemy hit.

Aital
09.04.2012 , 05:12 PM | #6
I'm assuming Weaken mind should since it is a DOT. Other people have said that Telekinetic Throw Has always given heal ticks for them etc. I thought maybe Telekinetic Thrown and Forcequake were intended since a channeled spell technically is periodic by the English definition. It just can be speed up by alacrity in game.