Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfers APAC

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jarlgon
09.02.2012 , 12:44 AM | #1
When can we expect server transfers between the APAC servers? "Soon" is not an a reasonable answer.

Beruthien
09.02.2012 , 12:49 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Jarlgon,

Unfortunately we do not have a specific time frame to share at this time regarding transfers. We would recommend keeping an eye on our website as any update on the matter will be posted as soon as it become available.

Please do not hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions or issues.

Thank you.
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Jarlgon
09.02.2012 , 04:58 AM | #3
By your response, it looks like there will never be transfers between the APAC servers

aaronbaron
09.03.2012 , 01:30 PM | #4
Really? There's no ETA despite the fact that a transfer service has already been implemented, and used, with great success? Wouldn't it just be a matter of opening up more destination servers? What's really going on?

Roalmo
09.03.2012 , 02:49 PM | #5
Unfortunately, it appears they are waiting til they can charge us significant real money for any transfers.

Sonofscathach
09.03.2012 , 03:15 PM | #6
That simply isn't good enough.

Not being able to transfer my Level 50 over to the RP server from the dead PVP server is the main variable in my decision whether or not to unsubscribe. With Guild Wars 2, the new WoW expansion amongst other MMORPGs such as Star Wars Galaxies, I really only have one reason to stick with SWTOR despite the appalling customer service, laggy FPS, and other oddities: to play with friends. Friends who are quickly disappearing as we can't link up our favourite toons on the same server.

Way to go Bioware, I doubt you'll ever be taken seriously with the MMORPG community ever again.

I won't be subscribed past September, the only thing going for this game is the storyline and even that can be viewed on Youtube. What's the point?

Another dissatisfied customer. I would have thought they would have learned their lesson after most the PVP crowd rage quit.*

(*By this I mean at least five of my friends on Basilisk Droid who play down our local net cafe who have all played SWTOR to Level 50, done operations, done PVP and quit. They've played other MMORPGs for years. Then there was the backlash of anger on the forums over the slow introduction of PVP changes as well.)

Jarlgon
09.03.2012 , 07:26 PM | #7
its ridiculous. The transfer service is available on EU and US servers. Just impliment it the same way for the APAC servers.

chewyonthis
09.03.2012 , 07:41 PM | #8
I smell APAC closures...
Use the fork Luke not the spoon.

Jarlgon
09.03.2012 , 08:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by chewyonthis View Post
I smell APAC closures...
Probably, but why don't they just say it to us, get us to transfer to US servers instead of staying on dead ones?

chewyonthis
09.03.2012 , 09:04 PM | #10
Like all big business they will have a marketing structure and timetable and only higher management will know anything.they will release info when they see fit or when its right in their overall plan, 'looking towards the future' etc, there will be no prior communication with lower level staff and subscribers ,it will happen when it happens.

Its how big business works, trust me i've worked for alot of them.
Use the fork Luke not the spoon.