Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing sucks now

Individual
09.03.2012 , 02:00 PM | #1
I hardly get any crits. I hardly get any good crafting missions. I lose more money then I gain from slicing. Pretty lame skill now. They nerfed this one pretty bad.

EricJS
09.03.2012 , 04:52 PM | #2
I'm not seeing it. I run dozens of grade 5 rich and grade 6 missions every day, and I crit fairly often, and some days I'm getting missions faster than I can run them (admittedly, I've got more slicers than I do toons to run the missions).

j-cart
09.03.2012 , 06:26 PM | #3
Sure it sucks compared to when it launched. However it is one of the easiest ways to make money. I got two toons running slicing and a third on its way. My bank account gets bigger and bigger each day
The Gistang Legacy
<Atlas>
Siret Scoundrel ZhaneOrdo Operative Yahs Powertech
The Bastion

RazielHex
09.03.2012 , 06:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
I hardly get any crits. I hardly get any good crafting missions. I lose more money then I gain from slicing. Pretty lame skill now. They nerfed this one pretty bad.
I get as high as 7.7k

ErikModi
10.03.2012 , 08:07 AM | #5
My returns seem to have taken a nosedive, at least on the lower-tier missions (run for missions for my alts.) As bad as Lord Scourge returning 86 credits on a 95 credit-cost mission.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

JedixJarf
10.03.2012 , 09:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
My returns seem to have taken a nosedive, at least on the lower-tier missions (run for missions for my alts.) As bad as Lord Scourge returning 86 credits on a 95 credit-cost mission.
He must have stopped by pizza planet on his way back.

Mithros
10.03.2012 , 09:49 AM | #7
Sometimes you score big and sometimes, not so much.

Losing 9 credits on a single tier one mission run does not herald the end of slicing as a viable skill.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

ErikModi
10.03.2012 , 10:09 AM | #8
Indeed it does not, but it seems a disturbing trend from last night and this morning.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Leafy_Bug
10.03.2012 , 10:37 AM | #9
You should see how nice it is when you slice a whole week for neural augmentors and you get zilch! You spend hundreds of thousands on missions for nothing. Guess we have to inject money back into the game economy somehow. I pay for your mob lootz

Oggthebase
10.03.2012 , 11:19 AM | #10
people have recorded entire spreadsheets of their missions, and it is profitable in the long run.

So I suggest you do the same in order to bring substantial evidence of the contrary.