Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who do you vote for MVP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Who do you vote for MVP?

fatninja
09.03.2012 , 01:24 AM | #1
I have always voted for healers since they are very crucial in games and its harder for them to get medals since they are usually not on the offensive. So, I started playing a healer recently and I see everyone voting for highest damage done. So, who do you vote for MVP? and why?

Exilim
09.03.2012 , 01:31 AM | #2
Who ever helps me win the match. Sometimes there are several who help and actively work for objectives; it's a little choosier in those cases. Often though it's me and someone else running the huttball or w/e I vote for them.
I believe in people bombing
I believe in people warring
I believe diseases coming
I believe that's why I'm running

Eric_The_Spy
09.03.2012 , 01:46 AM | #3
If I'm playing with my guild leader, I'll vote for her, lol. But otherwise I vote for the people that actually help me. Whether it be a healer that was keeping me up, or just someone that helped me defend a few objectives.

Tyrias
09.03.2012 , 01:56 AM | #4
Depends a lot on the people I play with, and to a less extent, what Warzone we're playing. If there is an obvious tactical winner:

For hutball, I'll vote for whoever I think has done the best job either carrying the ball, clearing the path or guarding the ball carrier. It's different every game.

It's it's a control point scenario, if they call for reinforcements well I tend to vote for the poor person who is left defending a node while the rest of us are having fun fighting.

Otherwise, I'll look at the scoreboard at the end. Provided I've seen them actually healing and not not spamming NS -> Healing themselves, I'll almost always vote for a healer. If it's a close call between two healers, I'll vote for the second one, because I know how much of a pain it is to see someone with 20k more healing than you get 3-4 MVP votes while you get none, especially when the scoreboard only ever tells half the story, at best.
"If you've got a problem, stick a worm in it".

Setsugetsuka
09.03.2012 , 02:26 AM | #5
I always play with my girlfriend, who always wants me to vote for her, so guess who I vote for. xD

She votes for me to, but when I notice someone do well, or help me out in a tight spot, I'll tell her to vote for that person, then I vote for her, foregoing my own vote. Everyone wins that way. c:

robotkar
09.03.2012 , 02:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Setsugetsuka View Post
I always play with my girlfriend, who always wants me to vote for her, so guess who I vote for. xD

She votes for me to, but when I notice someone do well, or help me out in a tight spot, I'll tell her to vote for that person, then I vote for her, foregoing my own vote. Everyone wins that way. c:
you are a ***** :P
Marsellus Wallace <HUN>
I want my rancors back
SWTOR Open PvP Concept - Faction Base System, Please /SIGN

Ssfbistimg
09.03.2012 , 03:37 AM | #7
Myself. I always vote myself. whats this you say I cant vote for myself. Then how the hell do i have so many mvp votes.

Himeji_Endless
09.03.2012 , 03:46 AM | #8
The guy that i felt helped the team win or put out the effort in team play ... the killing machine if that helped us cap, the healer who kept us on our feet, the tank who guarded us, the ninja who got the doors and bridges or stealthy cap, the guy who stayed back to guard the node and who called out for incomings ... etc.

i DO NOT vote for the guy who was afk at the node (like today at alderaan ... standing on the grass side node ... afk) or the big dpser who had low kills (useless imo) or the guy who yells at his team (that never helps)

M÷urnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

warultima
09.03.2012 , 04:16 AM | #9
I vote in order to see if I get any votes myself.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

calendrapro
09.03.2012 , 04:16 AM | #10
I only vote to see how many votes I have. So the guy closest to my cursor at the time.