Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for a decent PVP Merc build

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Looking for a decent PVP Merc build

frivera
08.29.2012 , 07:47 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by clearsighted View Post
lol.

Dude. Just play your class. You'll enjoy level 10-49 pvp cause most are goobers. Stay in blue or better on-level gear, and it won't matter what your stat distribution or rotation is. At 50, it will suck and you will hate it. Enjoy the ride.
^ this.

MerriwxOne
08.29.2012 , 10:22 AM | #12
I only ask about a Hybrid spec because I see that a point in Power shield (Bodyguard tree) makes you immune from interrupts. Does it work in PvP? If so....would any build suffer without using Heatseeker(Arsenal) or T.Detonator(Pyro)?

clearsighted
08.29.2012 , 05:35 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MerriwxOne View Post
I only ask about a Hybrid spec because I see that a point in Power shield (Bodyguard tree) makes you immune from interrupts. Does it work in PvP? If so....would any build suffer without using Heatseeker(Arsenal) or T.Detonator(Pyro)?
Arsenal would be horrible without heatseeker. It's my finishing hit most of the time and vital for what pathetic mobility the spec has. Theoretically, Arsenal would benefit most from it, if it weren't for that.

Pyro takes a significant hit in their single target damage, and at the same time, benefits least from it, since they don't use many channelled attacks (power shot is horrible).

MerriwxOne
08.29.2012 , 06:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by clearsighted View Post
Arsenal would be horrible without heatseeker. It's my finishing hit most of the time and vital for what pathetic mobility the spec has. Theoretically, Arsenal would benefit most from it, if it weren't for that.

Pyro takes a significant hit in their single target damage, and at the same time, benefits least from it, since they don't use many channelled attacks (power shot is horrible).
Hmmm....makes sense...so possibly Merc is suited to be a medic using pyro/arsenal as support for team healing. Looking in the Bodyguard tree, it seems to have more than 1 skill that helps damage. Odd that none of the other AC's with medical abilities has them.

clearsighted
08.29.2012 , 07:07 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MerriwxOne View Post
Hmmm....makes sense...so possibly Merc is suited to be a medic using pyro/arsenal as support for team healing. Looking in the Bodyguard tree, it seems to have more than 1 skill that helps damage. Odd that none of the other AC's with medical abilities has them.
Basically, there is no viable hybrid spec for merc.

Superpasta
09.02.2012 , 11:57 PM | #16
I heard the best Mercenary spec. are either:

1) Bodyguard

or

2) Powertech

You are only lvl14 young Padawan, it is not too late to turn back.