Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

imnotawitch
08.31.2012 , 10:32 AM | #1301
Ok, after going for my morning walk and getting fic ideas that escape from me an hour later, I've decided to just sit down and write before the ideas fly out of my brain. I've been thinking of writing this scene for a while, but not from this point of view

Prompt: Turning Point

Spoilers: None class-wise

Characters: pre-class story SW, Consular, JK, BH, and Smuggler.

Spoiler
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

kabeone
08.31.2012 , 06:37 PM | #1302
@imnotawitch neat story. I liked the description of the blaster bolt hitting the Jedi's face

elliotcat
09.01.2012 , 02:43 PM | #1303
Eeek I'm a day late...so sorry! The hurricane is supposed to come up here today, but it is...not? It's all sunny out. I'm frustrated.

Week of 9/1/2012
(Un)invited Guests - Things get complicated when you're visiting someone else, or have someone visiting you. Even if you want them there! Of course, things are extra complicated when your guest is someone you didn't want or expect to come around.
...Like No One's Watching - When we're alone we often indulge ourselves in things that might embarrass us if others knew. Bad music, bad dancing, whatever it is, we'd be pretty mortified if someone caught us. This time, write about your character's secret indulgences - and how they react when it's discovered.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Morgani
09.01.2012 , 04:37 PM | #1304
Uninvited Guest

Adris Westan, Brei'yu, Vector and Kaliyo

Spoilers for Vector and Kaliyo class quests, especially the end of Kaliyo's questline.

Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Crezelle
09.01.2012 , 04:54 PM | #1305
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Uninvited Guest

Adris Westan, Brei'yu, Vector and Kaliyo

Spoilers for Vector and Kaliyo class quests, especially the end of Kaliyo's questline.

Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
...i am pleased :3

i'd be miffed at kaliyo, but you made it so i feel for her too now
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

bright_ephemera
09.01.2012 , 05:25 PM | #1306
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
...Like No One's Watching - When we're alone we often indulge ourselves in things that might embarrass us if others knew. Bad music, bad dancing, whatever it is, we'd be pretty mortified if someone caught us. This time, write about your character's secret indulgences - and how they react when it's discovered.
Nalenne came to mind. So here, spoiler-free Nalenne! My earliest in-story-chronology passage with her ever; this is set right after in-game Balmorra. 450 words.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
09.01.2012 , 05:57 PM | #1307
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Nalenne came to mind. So here, spoiler-free Nalenne! My earliest in-story-chronology passage with her ever; this is set right after in-game Balmorra. 450 words.

Spoiler
I was trying to figure out a way to torture Quinn for my rotation today and came up sadly empty. This exchange was highly satisfying.

@Morgani <3 Vector+Brei'yu and your telling of this whole story through prompts has been amazing though I always want more.

Crezelle
09.02.2012 , 12:57 AM | #1308
Like noones watching eh...
just finished something along these lines. gotta make it vague to fit into ToS, but should be fine i think

Euryale (BH) Mako, and Blizz

Spoiler

author's notes
Spoiler
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Earthmama
09.02.2012 , 10:02 AM | #1309
I'm late with last weeks turning point prompt, featuring everyone's favorite Dark Side SW Ardyth.

Sith Warrior Chapter 3 spoilers.

Breaking free

Spoiler

Edit: crap, forgot that last bit.

Magdalane
09.02.2012 , 10:17 AM | #1310
@iamnotawitch-- great detail, enjoyed your story!

@Crezelle-- I can just see the mass confusion as the crew walked in to see what Bliz was up to. Nicely done!

@Bright-- always love Nalenne's pov, and I agree, the instructions from removing the stick were spot on!

@earthmama-- seeing how her father treats Ardyth, makes her resulting personality a little easier to understand. His hapring on the bloodline and such sets up the rejection of Mitka very well. As always, very well done!

Finally! I feel like I'm caught up and can listen to the ideas floating around in my head. Hopefully I'll get them to come together soon!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.