Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
08.31.2012 , 09:40 AM | #1051
Quote: Originally Posted by BumpBump View Post
When they don't bring it out this year, I will remind you of this post and laugh at you. I hope you will delete your SWTOR account when they make you look like a fool for trusting them.
My point is you are jumping the gun on the issue. If January 1, 2013 rolls around and they still haven't put SGRs into effect, then and ONLY then will it be a lie. Now, I strongly recommend that you stop confusing BioWare with Blizzard. lol
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
08.31.2012 , 12:04 PM | #1052
Even if it doesn't come, I don't believe Daniel Erickson was intentionally being untruthful when he said that. I believe he honestly believed that what he said would be true at that time, but because of the big shift over this Free to play thing, everything that was on their original time table got shifted around. I'm fairly certain this what happened. It sucks, but it wasn't him standing up and saying something he knew was false.

1.3 was originally leaked to have been HK-51 and Terror from Beyond, for instance, it's been pushed back to 1.4.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
08.31.2012 , 01:44 PM | #1053
Bumpbump aside, I don't think anyone here is accusing Mr. Erickson of prevaricating. We don't know whether that ballpark figure we were given in March still pertains or not, howver. And there is a host of questions relevant to how same-gender content will be implemented that have never been addressed at all.

Sure, there are still four months for them to bring out same-gender romances if they still intend to do so this year. But it is no longer certain to many who are interested in this content that they still mean to bring it out at all, and some word on the topic is surely overdue regardless as to what has changed, or even if the info we have is all the info they can give us as long as it is still accurate.

But remember that we only got Mr. Erickson's reply after making an unmistakable showing in the weekly Community Q&As, week after week. And to be fair, we were also told not to expect more news until closer to when the content was ready to go live. So I am not expecting any kind of big info-dump. An update on the status of the content in light of recent changes at BioWare and in the direction of the game woul, however, be opportune.

And I don't think it's jumping the gun to ask.

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
08.31.2012 , 04:40 PM | #1054
This thread has been running continuously since January 17. Some statistics:

Total posts (not counting those deleted along the way): 6,024
Total views: 461,987
Total BioWare Staff Responses: 0

Anyone else see a problem with that?

RandyL's Avatar


RandyL
08.31.2012 , 06:45 PM | #1055
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
This thread has been running continuously since January 17. Some statistics:

Total posts (not counting those deleted along the way): 6,024
Total views: 461,987
Total BioWare Staff Responses: 0

Anyone else see a problem with that?
Yes, I have a problem with it. Count me in on those wanting same-sex relationships. It would make the game a lot more appealing and me more likely to give my money to continue to play. That being said, I understand some players will be uncomfortable with gay relationships and flirting. As I'm sure it's been said, Bioware please feel free to make it an option in the Preferences to enable companion same-gender relationships and flirting with NPCs. I'd rather have it as an on/off option than not have it at all.

To ignore this issue when you're bleeding subs is foolishness. Fact is, there are a lot of people that want the option and it really won't take THAT much work to make a lot of people happy. Even if we only make up 5% of the player base it just makes financial sense. I know it's all about the $.

Players want reasons to feel connected to the game. I want to be able to at least somewhat identify with my toons.

Morghainla's Avatar


Morghainla
09.01.2012 , 03:19 AM | #1056
Quote: Originally Posted by RandyL View Post
Yes, I have a problem with it. Count me in on those wanting same-sex relationships. It would make the game a lot more appealing and me more likely to give my money to continue to play. That being said, I understand some players will be uncomfortable with gay relationships and flirting. As I'm sure it's been said, Bioware please feel free to make it an option in the Preferences to enable companion same-gender relationships and flirting with NPCs. I'd rather have it as an on/off option than not have it at all.

To ignore this issue when you're bleeding subs is foolishness. Fact is, there are a lot of people that want the option and it really won't take THAT much work to make a lot of people happy. Even if we only make up 5% of the player base it just makes financial sense. I know it's all about the $.

Players want reasons to feel connected to the game. I want to be able to at least somewhat identify with my toons.
perfectly said....I am also a Fan of the Same Sex options in any of the BioWare Games...and I think that many people would be more attracted to the game if this option would come!!
so please give us the option soon!!

and I also want to add, that I want this romance option also for my already existing character. Even if she will turn lvl 50 soon..but you could make a new quest for this...

and I find it also odd that BioWare didn't comment so far on this existing topic...and I think that this topic is very important for the future of SWTOR!!

MayaNite's Avatar


MayaNite
09.01.2012 , 04:01 AM | #1057
I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a whle, and I just want to throw in my support. It's pretty impressive how consistently active this thread is over longer periods, how many people have voiced their views. It's obvious this is more than a minor thing. Bioware really oughta take note soon.

Also, I'm jonesing to create my hottie lesbian Imp Agent .

Leoroc's Avatar


Leoroc
09.01.2012 , 04:27 AM | #1058
It has not been advertised to come with Mekab/HK update. I seriously doubt we will get another major content update this year besides that one. I don't expect it this year.

LordTynell's Avatar


LordTynell
09.01.2012 , 05:33 AM | #1059
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
This thread has been running continuously since January 17. Some statistics:

Total posts (not counting those deleted along the way): 6,024
Total views: 461,987
Total BioWare Staff Responses: 0

Anyone else see a problem with that?
How many individual posters? That's the key point. If you have, say, 100 posters, who consistently post, that's not the same as saying 6,024 people are supporting it. Also, let's say it -was- 6,024 posters, and we're assuming this game has, well, 300,000 subs. Well, that's 2% of the player base.

When we look at it like that - I hope you can understand that there are quite larger issues for Bioware to tackle. They have that whole F2P model thing coming out, a new warzone, a new op, most likely a new flashpoint, etc.

2%. And that's thinking that all posts are by separate individuals, and we know that's not true because we know, Uluain, that you have posted in these threads probably 200 times or more (which would be like 6%).

So on the macro level, it's not as serious as an issue overall as you're making it out to be. It matters to you. But what about the 2% that want the space expanded? What about the 2% that want Pazaak?

We know it's coming, you and your posse have made sure everyone knows that. And I hope for you guys it comes sooner rather than later. However, I'd recommend to just sit back and understand that there are a ton of splinter groups and pleasing all of them is a very difficult process.

And always be aware Bioware can change their mind. I am sure I don't need to remind you of Aerial PVP and the Dance Studio in WoW. Game developers seem to change their thoughts on a whim.

Anyway, best of luck to you guys, just trying to add some perspective.
Man, fanbois and haters are boring.

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
09.01.2012 , 06:57 AM | #1060
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTynell View Post
When we look at it like that - I hope you can understand that there are quite larger issues for Bioware to tackle. They have that whole F2P model thing coming out, a new warzone, a new op, most likely a new flashpoint, etc.
You know, it's getting a bit old having to point out again and again that nobody ever said this was the biggest issue with SWTOR and that it should be fixed before anything else. That's a perception that's being applied externally, not something most people who want SGRAs actually support.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordTynell View Post
2%. And that's thinking that all posts are by separate individuals, and we know that's not true because we know, Uluain, that you have posted in these threads probably 200 times or more (which would be like 6%).
...And there are plenty of people who want the feature who have never logged onto the forums, let alone posted here. You're using numbers that don't matter and which can't be verified. Nobody ever said it was 10% or 50% or 103%.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordTynell View Post
So on the macro level, it's not as serious as an issue overall as you're making it out to be. It matters to you. But what about the 2% that want the space expanded? What about the 2% that want Pazaak?
See above. You are saying we're making it out to be The Biggest Deal, we aren't. But this is a thread about SGRAs so yes, SGRAs are actually going to be close to 100% of what we talk about. Strange, huh.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordTynell View Post
We know it's coming,
Correction: we assume it's coming because we've been told it has. I'm currently willing to continue assuming that, but I'm not going to fool myself that it's knowledge. It's not; it's an assumption, based on words supplied by Bioware and upheld (at this point) entirely by trust. Considering how long it's been since we heard anything substantial on this matter I'll leave it to individuals to decide whether that trust is warranted or not.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordTynell View Post
you and your posse have made sure everyone knows that.
'You and your posse'? Really? You make it sound like we've made some kind of pact to push this matter as much as we possibly can/ We're a group with a legitimate concern (several legitimate concerns) regarding a feature that's been announced and isn't in yet. Our requests for information are exactly as legitimate and reasonable as anyone else's requests for information about whatever feature they want to see. Not more, not less - yet people seem to feel entitled to come in here and tell us off for voicing concerns and making requests that aren't even unreasonable.

If nothing was said regarding, say, PvP for six months at a time they'd be howling for blood (and if they've gone that long without a response I can understand how they would be howling for blood). You don't need to make it sound so dodgy.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordTynell View Post
And I hope for you guys it comes sooner rather than later. However, I'd recommend to just sit back and understand that there are a ton of splinter groups and pleasing all of them is a very difficult process.
...Which we're aware of, and regularly remind each other of. Which you'd know if you read this thread regularly.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordTynell View Post
And always be aware Bioware can change their mind. I am sure I don't need to remind you of Aerial PVP and the Dance Studio in WoW. Game developers seem to change their thoughts on a whim.
All the more reason for us to stay both vocal and visible (insofar as that is possible, in one thread in Story and Lore).

Quote: Originally Posted by LordTynell View Post
Anyway, best of luck to you guys, just trying to add some perspective.
We already have that perspective (or, rather, the majority of us do as far as I can tell). Your words aren't likely to make us shut up, which may or may not be your goal, but if your well-wishes are genuine then they're appreciated.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::