Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

Striges
08.30.2012 , 09:47 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
I would put this torrent of stuff in its own thread if I could work it in a logical order, but I can't. Things come in bits and flashes, here and there, in a total jumble. Here's a side story, the Sword of Mercy: Loyalty and Betrayal 3, and this one is all about the end of the Agent's Act 2. No Warrior spoilers, for once, nor Jedi Knight. Just Wynston. 600 words.
Like the side-story. The change you made for Ruth has far-reaching ripples.

Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
This is the Sith Warrior group that started with this What If idea about Vette

Loyalty and Betrayal: Just another day being a Sith
1200 words or so.
SW Chapter 3 Spoilers
I also really like how this goes. The SW story, depending on how you play it, can leave you character so very very alone by the end. But not quite this bad. Wow.

(edit) @ Iamthehoyden: Esma/Ukaita as a latent force-user is really intriguing. Actually, anything with force-users who didn't get shuttled off to one of the major boarding schools interests me. And how Scourge deals with it. Sorry for not including in initial post. Too sleepy.

iamthehoyden
08.30.2012 , 08:35 PM | #52
Loyalty & Betrayal

Things Not to Tell Your Friend's Crush (pt 2) Continued from: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...4&postcount=46
Spoilers for JK
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
08.30.2012 , 10:57 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Loyalty & Betrayal

Things Not to Tell Your Friend's Crush (pt 2) Continued from: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...4&postcount=46
Spoilers for JK
Spoiler

*snaps fingers* shucks.
Spoiler

Morgani
08.30.2012 , 11:07 PM | #54
*snaps fingers* shucks.
Spoiler
I know. I was hoping for a sneaky Scourge kiss. /disappointed
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

iamthehoyden
08.31.2012 , 10:53 AM | #55
No worries, I have plans. I adore sneaky Scourge kisses as much as the next Scourge addict
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

SveinEternity
08.31.2012 , 01:31 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
No worries, I have plans. I adore sneaky Scourge kisses as much as the next Scourge addict
Yes! I am anticipating!
The Eternity Legacy

bright_ephemera
08.31.2012 , 02:42 PM | #57
And I just realized that Ruth's Sword of Mercy continuity is using Rho my in-game Jedi Knight, not Larr Gith the child wonder Knight I had invented for Ruth's main continuity. That was totally unintentional! Rho just follows me into my various Star Wars storylines because he's such a sweetie. He's straight-up lawful good, inspired by some priests I've known, which means he's very kind and dull as dishwater to write. I felt fully sympathetic while playing him, but writing about him comes out deadly dull. So he'll continue to appear, but he won't get any POVs unless inspiration strikes. His relationship with Lord Scourge would read like St. Augustine's Confessions or any dialectic from any church philosopher ever.

The upshot of all this is, uh, sorry, Larr Gith, you don't get to appear in this timeline! I guess Rylon alone has already filled my quota of bratty fifteen-year-old Force users trying to step into shoes too big for them in my stories.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
08.31.2012 , 02:50 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
And I just realized that Ruth's Sword of Mercy continuity is using Rho my in-game Jedi Knight, not Larr Gith the child wonder Knight I had invented for Ruth's main continuity. That was totally unintentional! Rho just follows me into my various Star Wars storylines because he's such a sweetie. He's straight-up lawful good, inspired by some priests I've known, which means he's very kind and dull as dishwater to write. I felt fully sympathetic while playing him, but writing about him comes out deadly dull. So he'll continue to appear, but he won't get any POVs unless inspiration strikes. His relationship with Lord Scourge would read like St. Augustine's Confessions or any dialectic from any church philosopher ever.

The upshot of all this is, uh, sorry, Larr Gith, you don't get to appear in this timeline! I guess Rylon alone has already filled my quota of bratty fifteen-year-old Force users trying to step into shoes too big for them in my stories.
I wondered about that, but I liked Rho more than Larr Gith until the very end of your Ruth story. Then she was only just "okay". I would love to see some Kira POV's about Rho. Considering in the Nalenne timeline she's got it bad for him and he's all priestly.

kabeone
08.31.2012 , 04:10 PM | #59
Remi AU: Knightless - Loyalty & Betrayal Part 1

Spoiler for Imperial Agent Balmorra
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
08.31.2012 , 09:24 PM | #60
No, Sanju! ...I've been thinking Imperial too long if I imagine his career and collaboration was a good thing. But...but...Sanju!

I wondered about that, but I liked Rho more than Larr Gith until the very end of your Ruth story. Then she was only just "okay". I would love to see some Kira POV's about Rho. Considering in the Nalenne timeline she's got it bad for him and he's all priestly.
Larr Gith would be colorful but not rewarding to write, because she was an insufferable I'm-so-special prima donna until after she turned thirty and started getting hit by things she wasn't big enough to handle herself. (And started seeing heroes who could and had to work together to handle it.) The monster child-star Jedi she must have been for the game storyline is an image I'd rather not examine in detail.

Rho trying to maintain a platonic partnership with Kira was...interesting. One the one hand, it felt like some conversations consisted entirely of "No, Kira. That's not what we're here to do. Please don't come any closer." On the other hand, every teacher/student encouragement had a nice warm element of "f*** yeah, I can help her be the hero she's trying to be and that makes everything worth it."
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.